Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,703 members, 7,851,395 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:29 PM

Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? (1773 Views)

What Oby Ezekwesili Tweeted After Amaechi Was Confirmed As A Minister / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili / Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
So the truth is now irrelevant?
Smh!
Unfortunately, I was too busy to follow up this thread yesterday.
Ifeanyichukwu,when you are less busy you can come and dig up the truth for us.I know you are always busy.its not easy to be a PDP paid agent.dont worry eh,aghotara m! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 31, 2013
PointB: Interesting points you raised Op,

I personally think there is a huge mix-up somewhere in the figures. However, the FG defense team have done a shoddy job putting their defense across. Calling Oby names, and question her integrity as means of defending their boss is tasteless, and tactless. It's a sure way to lose whatever sympathy they have left.

But I lean more towards the FG figure because the record are there, and so many news articles on Nigeria foreign reserve exists for those who care to find it, so I think Oby probably made a mistake in her figure.

On the more pertinent issue of mismanaging the reserve (whether $1 or 100 Billion dollars), I believe the FG team need to be more transparent and engaging, and less use of gutter technique. The jury is still out on the prudence of Sanusi/CBN depleting the foreign reserve to defend the Naira, and of course sharing the ECA money with the 'greedy' governors. This should be very the debated is directed at. Foreign reserve is not something anyone can easily 'chop.'

In any case, this is a straight forward matter. The GEJ team are just bungling the issue by being too overly defensive. Time for GEJ to fire all of them, starting with Maku, then Okupe. No one should lay any hand on Abati, we need him to write the story of the GEJ days when he finally leaves office!

I hope you read the report referenced below:
http://premiumtimesng.com/opinion/117413-ezekwesili-got-it-wrong-by-labaran-maku.html

I wonder what other details you expect from govt officials. The press release from Maku contained detailed response and clarifications but whether you believe him or not is a different issue.

Perhaps the CBN should give us history of the foreign reserve levels month by month from 2005 till date.
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 31, 2013
berem: Ifeanyichukwu,when you are less busy you can come and dig up the truth for us.I know you are always busy.its not easy to be a PDP paid agent.dont worry eh,aghotara m! grin grin
You didn't answer me. Is the truth no longer relevant?
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
berem: Ifeanyichukwu,when you are less busy you can come and dig up the truth for us.I know you are always busy.its not easy to be a PDP paid agent.dont worry eh,aghotara m! grin grin
I've told over and over again that I'm not a PDP member but it seems you always fall back on that same line whenever your mind goes blank.
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You didn't answer me. Is the truth no longer relevant?
what other truth do you seek ifeanyi? do you wanna prove to me that Jonathan is not corrupt? do you wanna tell me that trillions of naira have not been missing since Jonathan became president?

1 Like

Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by PointB: 3:19pm On Jan 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I hope you read the report referenced below:
http://premiumtimesng.com/opinion/117413-ezekwesili-got-it-wrong-by-labaran-maku.html

I wonder what other details you expect from govt officials. The press release from Maku contained detailed response and clarifications but whether you believe him or not is a different issue.

Perhaps the CBN should give us history of the foreign reserve levels month by month from 2005 till date.

Yes I did read the report and it's detailed enough, but I can't help reading the other gutter technique of wicked step mother and shameless liars.

In any case, the populace (read media) is growing weary of the one-week-one-trouble bumbling of the president media team. Perhaps they should rework their strategy by adopting more proactive technique. I know the forces gathering against him (GEJ) is massive and well oiled. But that is the nature of things in this part of the world.

Let me give them (GEJ media team) a tip. Invite Oby to your office and give her tonnes of documents to peruse. That's all she wants, accountability and transparency. No need engaging her in public fisticuffs, you will lose even if you win!
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I've told over and over again that I'm not a PDP member but it seems you always fall back on that same line whenever your mind goes blank.
You must not become a PDP member to be their paid agent on the internet but from what it is,anyone who defends Jonathan with his life on a forum like this might be a PDP member afterall.abi no be so? grin grin undecided

1 Like

Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by superior1: 3:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Bros biko, why don't you ask your Principal to honor the Woman's open debate challenge and stop trying to confuse us with your waayo articles?

1 Like

Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by ballabriggs: 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2013
Labaran Maku is what you get when you take a man who should be milking cows in Birin Kebbi and you make him Minister of Information. He will become 'Minister of Misinformation'. Okupe on the other hand is a known fraudster. Okupe was quietly fired by OBJ in 2001 for stealing estacodes, today he is the mouth piece of a fraudulent administration.

You have to understand how fiscal policies impact on reserves. Understand the basics of stabilization, compensatory finance and the real effective exchange rate to fully grasp what Oby was talking about. Like I said in another thread, it is not about the reserves going down, it is about what was achieved with the fall in reserves. Absolutely nothing!

Spent on Namadi Sambo's guest house for his girl friends and private jet for Bi-chop Ayo Orisha-gear-four while Jona, Oronto Douglas and the 40 laptop gang upgrade from ogogoro to ciroc. Animals!!!
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by BeraBera(f): 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
The CBN and the Finance Ministry should give us the true picture of things.

Meanwhile, while i would have loved the public debate to be held, i however forsee a situation where it would be abused and some other mischievous citizens would be unnecessarily calling for public debate every now and then over irrelevant issues.
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
superior1:

Bros biko, why don't you ask your Principal to honor the Woman's open debate challenge and stop trying to confuse us with your waayo articles?
dem dey fear debate na! i dare any one of them to openly go for the debate! bunch of fucktards!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by superior1: 3:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
berem: dem dey fear debate na! i dare any one of them to openly go for the debate! bunch of fucktards!! angry angry

If dem no gree debate, then they should keep shut lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed for ever. We are not interested in ping-pong statements, open live debate with facts under live coverage by the media, shikena! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
PointB:

Yes I did read the report and it's detailed enough, but I can't reading the other gutter technique of wicked step mother and shameless liars.

In any case, the populace (read media) is growing weary with one-week-one-trouble bumbling of the president media team. Perhaps they should rework their strategy by adopting more proactive technique. I know the forces gathering against him is massive and well oiled. But that is the nature of things in this part of the world.

Let me give them (GEJ media team) a tip. Invite Oby to your office and give her tonnes of documents to peruse. That's all she wants, accountability and transparency. No need engaging her in public fisticuffs, you will lose even if you win!
Oby made her allegations in public so any response to those allegations must also be made public.

Your suggestion of calling Oby to a room and giving her documents to peruse could be likened to calling El Rufai to a room and giving him documents to peruse so as to stop attacking the govt. Is that practicable?

Oby has obviously switched camps to either CPC or ACN and in the coming days her party affiliation will become obvious
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
berem: You must not become a PDP member to be their paid agent on the internet but from what it is,anyone who defends Jonathan with his life on a forum like this might be a PDP member afterall.abi no be so? grin grin undecided
I understand the game plan of persons like you- put every person of opposing view on the defensive.

It is only a fool that'll think persons who do not share their view are paid. I wont respond to this silly line of conversation again
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by Neuen: 4:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
Every term in office should be followed by a term in jail
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I understand the game plan of persons like you- put every person of opposing view on the defensive.

It is only a fool that'll think persons who do not share their view are paid. I wont respond to this silly line of conversation again
truth hurts you know.am watching you closely with my third eye.i wont fail to treat your fucck up anywhere i see it! you berra watchout! its not a threat but a promise cool cool grin grin angry angry
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by Peterwins(m): 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2013
Nobody is telling the truth. The economists and accountants will always differ on the interpretation of these figures. However, there was so much mismanagement in the past and in the present.
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by Neuen: 4:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
Do you know Presidents talk to a country the way men talk to women ? They say: 'Trust me, go all the way with me, and everything will be all right'. And what happens? Nine months later, you're in trouble!
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by Peterwins(m): 4:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
The truth is relative. Nigeria's economy revolves around crude oil (but I wonder why there have not been a search light on how much we actually make on LNG) so expected/unexpected price distortions of crude oil can deplete our so called foreign reserves.
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by PointB: 5:06pm On Jan 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Oby made her allegations in public so any response to those allegations must also be made public.

Your suggestion of calling Oby to a room and giving her documents to peruse could be likened to calling El Rufai to a room and giving him documents to peruse so as to stop attacking the govt. Is that practicable?

Oby has obviously switched camps to either CPC or ACN and in the coming days her party affiliation will become obvious

I disagree. El rufia is a thug, and lately a bigot. Oby is relatively more reasonable, and approachable. The GEJ team should tailor their strategy to individual critics. Using same template for everyone one them is bound to backfire. Robert Greene wrote in 48 Laws of Power: "Know who you are dealing with, do not offend the wrong person."

Even if Oby switches camp to AC.N/CPC, it doesn't mean she can't be reasoned with, or won over! Nuff said.
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by eggheaders(m): 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
can #teamgej just accept the debate and save us all from all this shyte his image makers are saying.
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by miiraaj: 7:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
berem: you can ask insincere 9gerian.He is still digging deep to find the truth.you can as well help him with a shovel. grin

Helping with shovel is the responsibilty of PointB gringringrin
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by PointB: 8:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
miiraaj:

Helping with shovel is the responsibilty of PointB gringringrin

Sure. Anything that helps the truth surfaces.
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by miiraaj: 9:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
PointB:

Sure. Anything that helps the truth surfaces.

Sure. Anything that helps increase your salary. grin
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by PointB: 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2013
miiraaj:

Whatever tickles your fancy bros.
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by thelastPope(m): 11:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
PointB:

I disagree. El rufia is a thug, and lately a bigot. Oby is relatively more reasonable, and approachable. The GEJ team should tailor their strategy to individual critics. Using same template for everyone one them is bound to backfire. Robert Greene wrote in 48 Laws of Power: "Know who you are dealing with, do not offend the wrong person."

Even if Oby switches camp to AC.N/CPC, it doesn't mean she can't be reasoned with, or won over! Nuff said.

While I do not think Maku knows how to handle these kind of issues properly, I do understand to some extent why he responded the way he did. Oby did not speak like a concerned Nigerian. She spoke like an opposition party sponsored voice. But that notwithstanding, Maku should have handled it better.

Sometimes it is difficult to respond to Nigerian government critics because they are either sponsored critics and past corrupt and failed leaders like El Rufai and Oby or they are just attention seeking duds like Dino Melaye. But they still have to be managed though. Oby was minister of education under OBJ's watch and she presided over corruption in our education sector. At the end of her tenor, the sector was worse than she met it. So there is a temptation to see her in the same light as Dino Melaye or El Rufai. But what Maku should have realized is that unlike Melaye, she had the ability to appeal to a different kind of crowd.

On the issue of debate, that is just funny. Individuals without any official status or who are not elected representatives of the people cant just call government out for debate. It actually sounds childlike and attention seeking. Governments do not go around responding to every individual rants. That will be a a distraction. The only reason I believe Maku even responded is because of her former world bank status and connection to OBJ's tenure. The fact that she even tried to present the OBJ period as one of accountability exposes her motive and makes one suspect's it is all connected to the current PDP power tussle. But like I said, it has to be managed properly. Sometimes, it isn't about good and bad, truth and falsehood but also about how it is managed.

She did spew figures flippantly though. Two things are clear. Nigeria did not have that much reserves like she indicated and secondly, the reserves is still intact and actually growing. Nothing was squandered. Except by squandering, you are saying the money allocated to the various states and ministries were not judiciously used. If that is what she is referring to, then Yaradua or GEJ will not be the culprit as she tried to paint. I think she should be ignored though while the government on its part should properly direct people to the relevant agencies with such information. Like someone indicated above, we do have an inept and lazy media who have become brown envelope jornalists. They can never really do their jobs to bring us accurate information.

1 Like

Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by drnoel: 8:17am On Feb 01, 2013
berem: Continue digging deep and looking for the truth which is right in front of you. As you earlier quoted the Bible, (in as much as i hate it when bloody hypocrites try to use the Bible to defend their stupidity ) the truth has been revealed. Jonathan should bury his head in shame. too many corruption cases hovering around his head just in 2years of his tenure? that is just too bad.
But u have just made the point. The corruption charges hovering over his head were committed by people under the past regime. Should u not be happy that he is not sitting on these information like some governments would do to avoid embarrassment. If u look at the dates these deeds were done, most or all of it were committed before he came into power cos the dates I have been seeing are all before 2011. I don't sympathize with our corrupt leaders neither do I support corruption and I think they should all be jailed or killed but I believe truth be told. Nigerians would always abuse their presidents whether his is working or not, but there should be a balance to it, don't u think.
Re: Who's Telling The Truth? Labaran Maku, Doyin Okupe Or Oby Ezekwesili? by seanet01: 8:25am On Feb 01, 2013
miiraaj:

Lmao. You hit the dude on the run

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra 2013: Ngige Stands Tall / Speaker, Taraba State House Of Assembly, Rt Hon. Josiah Sabo Kente Has Resigned. / GEJ Stopped River Niger Contract Awarded By Yaradua, Indigenes Promise Payback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.