Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter (22459 Views)

CAN Blasts El-rufai Over Alleged Comment On Jesus Christ / Cleric Attacks El-Rufai For Jesus Joke On Twitter / Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by floriana(m): 5:42am On Jan 31, 2013
This is a very bad CAN of worms!
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by kinggenesis(m): 5:43am On Jan 31, 2013
homesteady:

are u a learner? Do u need a native doctor or magician to tell u he was insulting JESUS??
And if he actually insulted Jesus, who are you to fight for GOD? I wonder what is wrong with some of us.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by floriana(m): 5:46am On Jan 31, 2013
gerald09: Comon! The dude has apologised! U CAN people aint fooling no1 u gettin upset ova spilled milk dat as already bin cleaned up. Una president dey fly private jet I fink being the good person is fear fetched. He says he was sorry and as a christen I forgive him, that's what JESUS would do.

This CAN of worms is not guided by the bible. They are guided by PDP manifesto of hate.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by floriana(m): 5:49am On Jan 31, 2013
fkaz:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/can-blasts-el-rufai-over-alleged-comment-on-jesus-christ/
This looks like a statement issued by Olisa Metuh, PDP National publicity Secretary
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 31, 2013
Nigerians & silly ways of criticising..If that statement was made by a Christian against Allah or Mohammed whether joke or not, I am sure some houses would have been burnt & some people would have been dead by now.

CAN had to speak & I have no issue with that, no wonder the Russian Pus#sy singers could make a huge mockery of the body of Christ.smh!
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 31, 2013
Tonitelli: This is silly..really....I wonder who analyzed this tweet from rufai in CAN...no understanding whatsoever...he wasnt insulting Jesus in anyway..he was just trying to show how far maku and his attack dogs will go to discredit anyone who says a thing abt the govt.....now I can't help but wonder if CAN isnt a PDP branch as they say...

Guy! Try such comparison or joke with Islam and see what happens next.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by monyeike(m): 6:04am On Jan 31, 2013
Tonitelli: This is silly..really....I wonder who analyzed this tweet from rufai in CAN...no understanding whatsoever...he wasnt insulting Jesus in anyway..he was just trying to show how far maku and his attack dogs will go to discredit anyone who says a thing abt the govt.....now I can't help but wonder if CAN isnt a PDP branch as they say...

he was not insulting Jesus ba?
if you are real and deep Christian u would know holy deaths this issue of Jesus and Mary m. has caused in d past, go and read any account of "holy gmail" then come back and talk...
and also ask your self, if this same statement was said of their prophet, what do you think they would do? keep quiet and laugh? remember when someone said something negative doing 2002 beauty pagent how many heads rolled...
guy check yourself
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Ortis: 6:17am On Jan 31, 2013
Y didnt madman el-rufai use der mohammed fool 4 dat joke...if dis was 4rm d christian abt mohammed i bet riot wil spread ova d country by dose backward northerners
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by omenka(m): 6:20am On Jan 31, 2013
Under Oritsejafor the reputation of CAN has hit rock bottom. I believe things can only get better after his exit or after Jonathan's exit. Since when did CAN start dabbling into issues as trivial as this? Besides, didn't the man apologise? God forbid!!
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Nyce1: 6:22am On Jan 31, 2013
I wonder how some Idiots here r talkin nd blaming CAN....if it were a xtian dat trie dis, only God knws hw many xtians nd Churches wuld hav been killed nd burnt by now. Pls lets be sincere..Islam nd its followers r DETESTABLE.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by omenka(m): 6:22am On Jan 31, 2013
dejustice:

Guy! Try such comparison or joke with Islam and see what happens next.
That is why we are christians and not muslims. We tolerate and forgive!

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by gramci: 6:23am On Jan 31, 2013
maclatunji: Hold on a second, El-Rufai's retweet is actually offensive to Muslims because it used Jesus (AS) in a very distasteful analogy.

So, this Christian gragra should stop.

Who are you trying to deceive? If it was actually offensive to muslim then violence should have followed. That's their signature
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by xtayle(m): 6:33am On Jan 31, 2013
gratiaeo: CAN is also reckless in their comment here, no wonder catholic decide to pull out of CAN, they would have apply the best tactics hence they know that silent is the best answer 4 a fool

Catholic and Islam are the same. Apart from the Charismatic movement in Catholic, its just like Islam. Catholicm is fetish and it was handed down by the then Emperor (Constatine) of Rome whose government could not stand the rapid growth of the Church in the Roman Empire. So he started killing Xtians but d more he killed them d more the become. He then designed his acceptable mode of Xtianity patterned after the Roman Goddess - the queen of heaven (AKA holy mary) and called it catholic. Then a law went out compelling all subject of Rome can only practice Xtianity d catholic way else you are dead.

Catholic faithfuls use rosary and their islamic counterparts use tesbiu. Its a dogmatic and satanic doctrine without biblical support. Their probable grouse for leaving CAN cannot be too far from the current leadership of d association who is a radical penticostalist. They cannot stand the spiritual flow of penticost.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by anataala: 6:35am On Jan 31, 2013
fkaz:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/can-blasts-el-rufai-over-alleged-comment-on-jesus-christ/
I think the CAN does not have work,the want to politicalize the issue after the guy have already make an apology, Muslim respect Jesus and according to Muslim scriptures is a great sin for a Muslim to insult any prophet of God.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by nagoma(m): 6:40am On Jan 31, 2013
El -Rufa'i attacked PDP and CAN is responding.They have to work for the Jets . Nothing goes for nothing. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by jmoore(m): 6:56am On Jan 31, 2013
The reason Nigeria and the world got some level of peace is because Christians don't fight for Jesus, if El-rufai's joke was about mohammed more than 1,000 people would have died.

CAN overreacted, Christians are resistant to insults to Jesus. Jesus is God and he can fight for himself, let Jesus handle El-rufai in his own way. His apology to Christians meant nothing, he did not apologize to Jesus.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by xtayle(m): 7:03am On Jan 31, 2013
pro01:

When a black man calls a fellow black man 'Nigger', is it the same thing as when a white man calls a black man 'Nigger? Let's not kid ourselves over this issue abeg. The fact remains that El Rufai, being a Muslim and a public figure, was extremely silly to have tweeted or retweeted that comment. No Christian in his position would try that without colossal consequences for himself and other innocent Christians. We all know that, unless we want to deceive ourselves.

I tire o. They produced a video in d US, muslims are killing in Libya. El-Rufai action was reckless and very insulting. Even his so called apology is reserved and that makes it unacceptable. He made that retweet deliberately to embarrass Xtians and Xtianity. NLs should go and read his statement of apology
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Asis(m): 7:08am On Jan 31, 2013
xtayle:

Catholic and Islam are the same. Apart from the Charismatic movement in Catholic, its just like Islam. Catholicm is fetish and it was handed down by the then Emperor (Constatine) of Rome whose government could not stand the rapid growth of the Church in the Roman Empire. So he started killing Xtians but d more he killed them d more the become. He then designed his acceptable mode of Xtianity patterned after the Roman Goddess - the queen of heaven (AKA holy mary) and called it catholic. Then a law went out compelling all subject of Rome can only practice Xtianity d catholic way else you are dead.

Catholic faithfuls use rosary and their islamic counterparts use tesbiu. Its a dogmatic and satanic doctrine without biblical support. Their probable grouse for leaving CAN cannot be too far from the current leadership of d association who is a radical penticostalist. They cannot stand the spiritual flow of penticost.
comparing the catholic church to islam?are you trying to get nairalanders applaud you for this?be careful my friend,no wonder Alexandra pope once said"a little learning is a dangerous thing"think before you write o.Peace one 9ja.all izz well..

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Adematic(m): 7:11am On Jan 31, 2013
As young as i am nd a xtain,i unstand what el-rufai was saying very wel,hw then could a so called CAN decide to act as if they dnt knw wht he mean,ummm! let we all knw dat d body of xrist mst hv gud manner nd leave in one accord (Act chapter 4)
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 31, 2013
Let Jesus defend himself, CAN should not take it personal. Hypocrites.,.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Adurangba(f): 7:18am On Jan 31, 2013
Muslims fight just because you draw a picture of Mohammed, but Christians laugh when they insult Jesus Christ. Very stooopid.

Some years ago, 2002, there was a beauty pageant to be held in Nigeria, Miss World, and someone, a journalist, wrote that Mohammed the prophet would have loved some of the beautiful ladies on parade, and before you could say jack robbinson, Northern Nigeria was in flames, they were killing and burning and looting, the protests began after a newspaper suggested that the Prophet Mohammed would have probably chosen to marry one of the Miss World contestants if he had witnessed the beauty pageant in Abuja. The beauty show was cancelled and the ladies ferried to London where the show was eventually held. Now, compare this to what El Rufai re tweeted, and see which one is volatile or not. Hundreds of Muslim youths went on the rampage following Friday prayers, in an echo of the bloodshed which left at least 100 people dead and 500 injured in Kaduna and elsewhere that week.

Christians are too docile, no wonder they come to your place of worship and they shoot you, and kill you and you do nothing because they know you are all so st.upid and divided, and will even thank them for killing your people. They go and bomb your innocent members and you do nothing, because they know you will thank them, they abuse Jesus Christ and you thank them, and you praise the one abusing Jesus Christ. Very docile set of people. Now if this re tweet had been done by someone else apart from El Rufai, these same people here on NairaLand abusing CAN would have taken up arms against the person, but because it is El Rufai, he must be preserved, he must be protected, he must be right.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by collinsola: 7:22am On Jan 31, 2013

Idiot like you,Hell rufia should have used mohammed and his 72 virgins. undecided
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by naptu2: 7:24am On Jan 31, 2013
bobbydbobo: Honestly, critical thinkers who annalyse the tweet et retweet wld knw that in fact, it was portrayin that in as much as Jesus Christ is upright, some pple wld still blindly throw their support for Jonathan nd Spoil Jesus's name cos they want to support Jonathan. The underlynin analysis there is he agrees that Jesus is upright nd was neva married,but dos pple wld find a way to mar his name.,Nd now I wonder y this is too much to see nd pple just chant War, Quarell and anyfin wen it comes to religion nd other things. I am a christian, so pls don't fink its an "unbiliver". But like Carl Max said, Religion is the Opium of the Masses. Religion has Marred nd affected our reasoning negatively in this part of the world. Tho I have an unshaken faith in whom I serve, I must say I'm beginig to get dissapointed in Religion as a whole, Faith stands tho. Religion has so blocked our ability to stand togeda nd seek a common goal to achieve. 90percent of those on Nairalands are youths nd above, imagine a voice of above 1million of us agreeing on things and stand against a corrupt society, with voices trancending or tribes and religion. Check out 90percent of forums here, its always a religious or tribal war. Before u insult me for being blunt, remember: The Will to absorb a man's reason, understand and digest it, without necessarily accepting it, is being the master of Wisdom.

+100
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by unclenna(m): 7:25am On Jan 31, 2013
If this statement was about Mohammad the Abokis' will carry dagger to defend him. Well our GOD is too big to fight for Himself. But are you sure this is really El'rufai or someone hijacked his name and used it to open a twitter account to cause trouble in this country.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by blackbeau1(f): 7:31am On Jan 31, 2013
I think what they meant to say was that 'if not that the Christians in this country are too busy taking care of themselves to care about each other and their religion or if not that the christians in this country have the "as far as it doesn't affect my family or friends or livelihood,then I don't care" mentality',then they would have fought back.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by yavo2: 7:35am On Jan 31, 2013
See how everyone is defending and counter-defending. This is the problem with us. We are so blinded by religiousness, we cant even think straight. It is better that CAN responds the way it did and it ends there. I wish JNI can also call for restraint from its youth the way CAN has done. Let the preaching of peace/tolerance be mutual.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Adurangba(f): 7:37am On Jan 31, 2013
unclenna: If this statement was about Mohammad the Abokis' will carry dagger to defend him. Well our GOD is too big to fight for Himself. But are you sure this is really El'rufai or someone hijacked his name and used it to open a twitter account to cause trouble in this country.

You obvisouly just came back to Nigeria. Have you not seen his apologies on the matter? If it wasnt his account, why was he apologising? Think before posting. He re tweeted what someone else tweeted, but the fact remains, noone would have noticed if he didnt re tweet it, and he then added, LWKMD. Go and see it.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Orikinla(m): 7:38am On Jan 31, 2013
I have deliberately ignored the hue and cry over this matter, because majority of those claiming to be "Christians" attacking El-Rufai don't know Jesus Christ more than him and in fact he is more closer to God than these legions of hypocrites who are more pleasers of themselves than God.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Adurangba(f): 7:42am On Jan 31, 2013
Orikinla: I have deliberately ignored the hue and cry over this matter, because majority of those claiming to be "Christians" attacking El-Rufai don't know Jesus Christ more than him and in fact he is more closer to God than these legions of hypocrites who are more pleasers of themselves than God.

Baseless. He knows Jesus Christ indeed. What kind of a thinking cap are you putting on? Who cares if he is the right hand man of Jesus Christ? God forbid. The fact remains, he did something wrong and he accepted, but you are here saying he is closer to God than some people, closer to God how? You are God's messenger to know who is closer to him or not. Abeg, try to be sensible. Knows Jesus Christ, indeed. Its better to have simply ignored the hue and cry than to talk without making much sense.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by bisiswag(f): 7:44am On Jan 31, 2013
trekkie: as a practicing christian, i find it ri-di-cu-lous that CAN should respond to this. i mean anyone with half a brain can get what he is trying to say. "methinks the lady doth protest too much"
OMG' I love shakespare hamlet. N this is so true @trekkie'so on point' So um 1million likes

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by anthony86(m): 7:45am On Jan 31, 2013
assuming it was Gej that made this comment and replace Mohammed instead of Jesus.Imagine what will happen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre / Kabiru Adjoto: Why Documentary On Oshiomhole’s Atrocities Was Delayed / NNPP Protests Against Governor Ganduje's Pardon Of 12 Death Row Inmates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.