Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Confuse Tokumbo Aremodua Quote,igbos Are Favoured In Super Eagle $30.000 Bonus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confuse Tokumbo Aremodua Quote,igbos Are Favoured In Super Eagle $30.000 Bonus (676 Views)

Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige / Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership / President Goodluck Jonathan And First Lady In Super Eagles' Tracksuits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Confuse Tokumbo Aremodua Quote,igbos Are Favoured In Super Eagle $30.000 Bonus by ak47mann(m): 10:47pm On Jan 30, 2013
C*O*N*F*U*S*E*D!
IGBOS Are Favoured in The Super Eagles $30,000 Bonus. - Activist, Tokunbo Aremo Odua.

**Now the Igbo will be £300,000 or N60million richer than other ethnic groups in Nigeria.
**this is the kind of inequality, injustice and unfairness that I am talking about.

An activist, Tokunbo Aremo Odua, has complained that the $30,000 match bonus giving to the Super Eagles for winning their match against Ethiopia is against the Federal Character principles as it enriches the Igbo nation to the disadvantage of other players.

Tokunbo said because most of the players are of Igbo origin the dole out is unfair.

The activist’s post is reprinted below verbatim:

Join Nigerian First Facebook Community Page!
www.hopefornigeriaonline.com
www.facebook.com/hopefornigeria
Re: Confuse Tokumbo Aremodua Quote,igbos Are Favoured In Super Eagle $30.000 Bonus by ak47mann(m): 10:56pm On Jan 30, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/ttaremo

Tokunbo AremoOdua In which I replied him:@Babaduks Ons
Eros, I respect your opinion...but I based my judgement on my experience in a multi-ethnic country like Nigeria (the UK) where I'm based. In my many years in the UK I have never seen a time the English National coach /Manager played all white players as a NATIONAL TEAM. It's nothing to do with quota system but giving other ethnic group a sense of belonging all because Nigeria is not a nation but a country of many Nations. The Spanish example you gave is just like if Yoruba were to be a nation and Egba, Ijebu, Ibadan Ife and Ekiti were complaining of all Ibadan players being selected to represent the Yoruba nation...No! nobody will buy that but chosen people from one ethnic nation from a multi-ethnic country is a complete act of EXCLUSION!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians:this Is Our Nigeria / Youths Lock Up Catholic Church,demands Removal Of Priest / Truck Crushes 15-year-old Pupil While On Teacher’s Errand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.