Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige (55588 Views)

Twitter Naija Reacts After Bukola Saraki Tweeted That He Spoke With Buhari Last / Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by midolian(m): 8:11am On Oct 01, 2015
After a long wait, President Muhammadu Buhari finally submitted the list of his cabinet to the Upper Chamber of the National Assembly.

The president has been at the receiving end of harsh criticisms by angry Nigerians over his ‘deliberate’ refusal to unveil his ministers three months after assuming office.

The president had anchored the reason for the delay on the ground that he needed time to select those who were credible and trustworthy to run the affairs of the nation with him.

DAILY POST reports that the list, which was submitted to the senate president, Bukola Saraki yesterday by Buhari’s Special Adviser on National Assembly Matters, Itan Enang would be officially made public at the next plenary on Tuesday.

However, report has it that among those penned down for ministerial appointments were, immediate past governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola, former Ekiti State governor, Kayode Fayemi, former lawmaker, Chris Ngige and erstwhile governor of old Anambra State, Ogbonaya Onu, among others.

However, sources told DAILY POST that Chris Ngige’s name came in at the eleventh hour.

According to a top presidency source, President Buhari, who has been constantly accused of marginalizing Ndigbo over their refusal to support him during the election, didn’t have it in mind to appoint Ngige.

The source told DAILY POST that Ngige’s appointment was done to mainly compensate Ndigbo.

“Ngige was not part of the first list of people compiled, I can tell you that. His name came at the eleventh hour. The president had a change of mind because of the complaints in many quarters that he was punishing the south east region because of their refusal to vote for him during the election.

“It took the intervention of some close associates and aides for the appointment of Ngige.”

Asked if president Buhari was truly angry with the south easterners because of the outcome of the election, the source said the president had nothing against them.

“See, that notion is wrong. The good thing is that Buhari has won the election and that is it. Where the vote came from is not the main issue now. Remember, he said he belongs to nobody and belongs to everybody,” the source added.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/01/ministerial-list-how-buharis-last-minute-change-favoured-ngige/

Lalasticlala

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by salisy: 8:14am On Oct 01, 2015
FTC

Hmmm! Some people just sabi make up story
Is it only Ngige that is Igbo in #TheList??
What about the other Igbo names speculated?

Or are u just trying to tell us that they aint pure Igbos and only Ngige can be seen as relevant and more igbo?

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by Aminat508(f): 8:17am On Oct 01, 2015
sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by Omotayor123(f): 8:18am On Oct 01, 2015
Hmm... I smell propaganda.
Either the name was added early or late, the fact remains the name is on thelist.!

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 01, 2015
That short igbo man grin

Compensation things. Happy for him

I hope I won't be misinterpreted here. Many of these politicians that made this list are just being compensated for a job well done during elections. They are not really technocrats.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by nerodenero: 8:35am On Oct 01, 2015
There's a constitutional provision that all States of the Federation must produce a "noisemaker". Where is this ethnic bigotry report from?

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by BALLOSKI: 8:37am On Oct 01, 2015
Ngige
Onu
Amaechi
Fashola

Having these men on the list gives me orgas'm.

cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by BALLOSKI: 8:39am On Oct 01, 2015
JEGA01:
That short igbo man grin

I so love him. You can't find an igbo man like him.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by BALLOSKI: 8:41am On Oct 01, 2015
nerodenero:
There's a constitutional provision that all States of the Federation must produce a "noisemaker". Where is this ethnic bigotry report from?
and where in that section of the constitution is the president mandated to pick ngige at all costs , if you don't want to see his action as a favor? Soludo could have been picked, so picking ngige is huge for us.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by midolian(m): 8:41am On Oct 01, 2015
JEGA01:
That short igbo man grin

grin grin grin
Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by yommyphresh(m): 8:44am On Oct 01, 2015
Dumb Dumb journalism. How will someone say Buhari didn't include his name initially? Dem dey compile am together?

Father in heaven, why have you decided to punish us with senseless people? Why na!

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by bonechamberlain(m): 8:48am On Oct 01, 2015
so if not for the intervention of close associates, ngige's name wouldn't have been there, so I still believe the president dislikes the igbo, putting an igbo name as a result of pressure doesn't show likeness for igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by seunmsg(m): 8:52am On Oct 01, 2015
BALLOSKI:
and where in that section of the constitution is the president mandated to pick ngige at all costs , if you don't want to see his action as a favor? Soludo could have been picked, so picking ngige is huge for us.

Ngige and Soludo are both Igbos and both of them are qualified enough to be minister.

The OP tends slightly towards bigotry as it seems to suggest that Buhari reluctantly included Ngige just to satisfy the Igbos. That is very far from the truth as the president must constitutionally choose one minister from each state.

22 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by midolian(m): 8:52am On Oct 01, 2015
bonechamberlain:
so if not for the intervention of close associates, ngige's name wouldn't have been there, so I still believe the president dislikes the igbo, putting an igbo name as a result of pressure doesn't show likeness for igbo.
Is Ngige the only igbo man in Nigeria? If the president had not picked him, he would have picked another. We have thousands of igbo technocrats or politicians that can do the job. Remember another list will be coming soon. Even if there was no igbo man on this list, many would be on the next. He has no choice but to balance the equation. Stop being a bigot!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by midolian(m): 8:55am On Oct 01, 2015
seunmsg:

Ngige and Soludo are both Igbos and both of them are qualified enough to be minister.

The OP tends slightly towards bigotry as it seems to suggest that Buhari reluctantly included Ngige just to satisfy the Igbos. That is very far from the truth as the president must constitutionally choose one minister from each state.
bro, there are more names to be released soonest. If no igbo man made this list, they would make the next list to be sent before the 6th of this month.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by bonechamberlain(m): 8:56am On Oct 01, 2015
midolian:
Is Ngige the only igbo man in Nigeria? If the president had not picked him, he would have picked another. We have thousands of igbo technocrats or politicians that can do the job. Stop being a bigot!
don't quote me if u lack common sense and can't be civilized.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by chesterlee(m): 9:02am On Oct 01, 2015
Compensation ko....As if he would bring anything to the table

Mchewwwe!!!

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by midolian(m): 9:07am On Oct 01, 2015
bonechamberlain:
don't quote me if u lack common sense and can't be civilized.
grin grin grin

Bro, cool down for jesus. Another list is coming soon. If no igbo man had made this list, many would make the next list. Baba has no choice here. You know he has to pick from all states.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by ncolumella(m): 9:09am On Oct 01, 2015
Thank God

Are you interested in starting up your professional cooking gas home delivery busines (Online/mobile) in Nigeria?
the visit the Nairaland Link below

www.nairaland.com/2392421/lpg-home-delivery-service-business
Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by BALLOSKI: 9:09am On Oct 01, 2015
seunmsg:

as much as I doubt the story, I still want to believe the op posted what he saw out there . If the story is anything to go by, it then now mean ngige did not go through the purported dss screening which every other nominees went through since he was picked at the eleventh hour. Dss completed their screening over 2 weeks ago, so ngige inclusion couldn't have been a last minute thing.

NB: BUHARI may end up having 2 ministers from anambra since I heard obj wants him to include soludo in his list.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by bonechamberlain(m): 9:12am On Oct 01, 2015
midolian:
grin grin grin

Bro, cool down for jesus. Another list is coming soon. If no igbo man had made this list, many would make the next list. Baba has no choice here. You know he has to pick from all states.
gringrin grin grin

I have no business with the list putting an igbo man wouldn't put food on my table, just that people should stop painting pmb like he is interested in other tribes, he might be disciplined, but the fact is that he is more of a Fulani than a Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by mekaboy(m): 9:17am On Oct 01, 2015
If buhari did not pick fashola and amechi, then i would believe he belongs to nobody. Fashola recklessly spent lagos state funds. To the level of upgrading a personal website for 78m.

In a sane country he would have been cooling off somewhere. He would be asked how many people bidded for that job and why did he award it to that company at that amount.

That said, jonathans ministers are far better than these ones buhari picked out of party membership and investment, not based of merit.

With the situation this nation has found itself economically, buhari can not be doing favours with positions.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by change49ja: 9:20am On Oct 01, 2015
The source told DAILY POST that Ngige’s appointment was done to mainly compensate Ndigbo

Who da **** is the source?

Ruuuuubbbbbbbbbbbbhiiiiiiiiiisssshhhhh

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by Segadem(m): 9:20am On Oct 01, 2015
good

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by adedayourt(m): 9:20am On Oct 01, 2015
watching
Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by manchester1: 9:20am On Oct 01, 2015
after d long wait same old faces. buhari is a dullard

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by Segadem(m): 9:20am On Oct 01, 2015
mekaboy:
If buhari did not pick fashola and amechi, then i would believe he belongs to nobody. Fashola recklessly spent lagos state funds. To the level of upgrading a personal website for 78m.

In a sane country he would have been cooling off somewhere. He would be asked how many people bidded for that job and why did he award it to that company at that amount.

That said, jonathans ministers are far better than these ones buhari picked out of party membership and investment, not based of merit.

With the situation this nation has found itself economically, buhari can not be doing favours with positions.
Why is it that u people like to castigate someone who has never has been indicted or charged by the house or any anti graft agency for corrupt practice, but u did not see anything wrong in the selection of Chris Ngige who is bundle out out of office as governor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by bugzbunny: 9:21am On Oct 01, 2015
Proudly 5%

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by Evaromantik(m): 9:21am On Oct 01, 2015
If you like you can chose all your ministers from Daura i don't care,selecting Ngige is nothing to us and can't hide the TRUTH that "you hate the south-east"......during the war you lead a war to the south east[owerri] that left over a million people dead.............you can't cheat you way out,we all knows that you hate us and that why we gave you 5% vote.........selection of Ngige will do me no good but to Ngige who will be recieving his salary every month...........i wish Nigeria division

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by goodlifehyd(m): 9:21am On Oct 01, 2015
bonechamberlain:
So ogbonaya Onu is an hausa man right??
I hope ngige and other nominated igbos will follow the ndigbo's advice and turn down the appointment. Bunch of confused jokers

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige by Precious91(m): 9:21am On Oct 01, 2015
Make them announce the list on time ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Centre Apologizes To Osinbajo: 'We Were Wrong, The VP Is Right' / Ebelechukwu Obiano Mourns Ernest Asuzu / Dino Melaye Carries Tray Of Groudnut On His Head,says He Was Once A Hawker (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.