Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Power Sector Final Stop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Sector Final Stop (961 Views)

President Jonathan And PDP Have Finally Crippled The Electric Power Sector / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan / GEJ Has Increased The Megawatt In The Power Sector From 1500mgw To 4000mgw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Power Sector Final Stop by CROWE: 4:56am On Jan 31, 2013
There's so much talk about power plants being built, how many megawatts they will produce, some being refitted to operate at maximum capacity but nobody ever gives us a more comprehensive idea so I am here to ask finally. How many power plants are there in Nigeria and what is their generation capacity and more importantly how many are being built, when can we roughly expect them to be completed? And the same for those that are still planned. We are tired of hearing scarce and incomplete information, we want a more comprehensive write up so we can get a better picture of where GEJ is at, he should not just tell us that he will produce 10k MW by 2014 we want to know where it will come from, anybody with the info is welcome to share with the rest of us, thx
Re: Power Sector Final Stop by egregous: 12:21am On Feb 01, 2013
I had the same questions. Informations given in medias often are ridiculous. Yesterday I read in Business Day and Nigeria Observer that China company who operates Omotosho Plant claims it will complete the 500 mega watts by February. However Niger Delta Power Holding Company Limited says that Omotosho II plant is ready http://www.nidelpower.com/main/omotosho..... By different sources I know its not 500 megawatts but 450 because GE 125MW turbines in tropical environment must be adjust to 112,5 MW.

(1) (Reply)

All 36 Governors Agreed To Participate In The Good Governance Tour-Gov.Uduaghan / Why Was 'segun Adeniyi's Tenure Not As Controversial As Reuben Abati's / First In Africa, Nigeria Air Force Develops Bomb-detonating Robot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.