Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire (13619 Views)

Students Banned From Wearing Metal-Bra Clasps In China's Entrance Exam / In China, Women Train To Become Bodyguards For Billionaires / Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by OmoTier1(m): 10:46am On Jan 31, 2013
Canned fresh air for sale in China by multimillionaire

Tired of China's pollution problem, a multimillionaire has begun a tongue-in-cheek campaign involving selling canned fresh air.

Chen Guangbiao, who made his fortune in the recycling business and is a high-profile philanthropist, handed out soda pop-sized cans of air, purportedly from far-flung, pristine regions of China such as Xinjiang in the northwest to Taiwan, the southeast coast.

"I want to tell mayors, county chiefs and heads of big companies: don't just chase GDP growth, don't chase the biggest profits at the expense of our children and grandchildren and at the cost of sacrificing our ecological environment", Chen said.

China's air quality is closely watched as it fluctuates dramatically from day to day but in recent weeks has registered far into the unhealthy zone.

Air pollution is measured in terms of PM2.5, or particulate matter 2.5 micrometers in diameter, which are absorbed by the lungs and can cause heart and lung disease. The World Health Organisation recommends a daily PM2.5 level of 20 and says that levels greater than 300 are serious health hazards.

Beijing's air quality frequently surges past a level of 500, and on January 12 soared to 755, the highest in memory.

"I go outside, walk for about 20 minutes, and my throat hurts and I feel dizzy", Chen told Reuters in an interview on a busy Beijing sidewalk.

He handed out green and orange cans of "Fresh Air", with a caricature of himself on them saying, "Chen Guangbiao is a good man".

http://news.yahoo.com/chinese-millionaire-fights-pollution-thin-air-121003957.html

1 Like

Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by OmoTier1(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2013
This is very serious oh! People used to say air is free, well not in this generation, Air is now for Sale! Just like water, God knows if this would not become the now as one rogue state sends a dangerous chemical to pollute the air and then get her sister company to then begin selling cans of air

1 Like

Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by gbanikiti(m): 12:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
When will GEJ start selling his own "FRESH AIR"? it can't be free forever nau! grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by tpia5: 1:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
The lorax?

2 Likes

Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by mitchyy(f): 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2013
Crazy! What a totally jobless and crazy world.

Meet the Mother who has been giving her Daughter alcohol from age THREE, to be her drinking partner

http://gistville.com/2013/01/meet-the-mother-who-has-been-giving-her-daughter-alcohol-from-age-three-to-be-her-drinking-partner/
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by OluEmmaAss: 3:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
Great idea! He saw an opportunity in the pollution problem
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by imperiouxx(m): 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2013
To cook soup or to fry plantain? Multimillionaire still wan get more money. The rich will always collect from the poor. Why not invest in national pollution eradication program?

1 Like

Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by SisiKill1: 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
Mehn another downside of GEJ's slow to actionness - See how he allowed the Chinese to steal his FRESH AIR idea and bastardize it through mass production.

When we say he needs to be ACTION MAN, his supporters get all up in arms. . .now look how a fine business idea has slipped through his fingers. What he tongue in cheekingly promised us for free is now being tongue in cheekingly sold for a price!

SMH!!! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by ebucha: 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
Thank God for our weather here

1 Like

Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by NSNA: 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
Just as air is free and water.

All natural resources such as crude oil, Gold, Diamond etc are all free because no man made them, they just process it.

The mess in this world is because people claim what does not belong to them and sell as theirs.

it should all be about the processing cost.
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by Igwe9(m): 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
let them come to Nigeria, we have it in abundance.
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by ochallo: 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
gbanikiti: When will GEJ start selling his own "FRESH AIR"? it can't be free forever nau! grin grin

LWKMD! i never knew GEJ can be dragged into any topic, this is really genius!

2 Likes

Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by uzeba(m): 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2013
God who creat the air is not selling it!! May God have mercy on our generation!!
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by mysticgal(f): 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2013
china kwa.wetin we no go hear.
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
very soon air lanes will be constructed and booked for planes and jets.

The earth is dying cry
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by martyns303(m): 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
New world order, now you pay for the air you breath. Its coming soon, hope I won't be alive to see it, with every country now owning nuclear weapons.
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by bory09(m): 3:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Mehn another downside of GEJ's slow to actionness - See how he allowed the Chinese to steal his FRESH AIR idea and bastardize it through mass production.

When we say he needs to be ACTION MAN, his supporters get all up in arms. . .now look how a fine business idea has slipped through his fingers. What he promised us for free is now being sold for a price!

SMH!!! undecided
not funny girl. You lack sense of humour try and make sense disrespectful object. And please go and learn how to respect elderly people most especially mr gej.

4 Likes

Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by SisiKill1: 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
bory09: not funny mr man. You lack sense of humour try and make sense mr big headed fo¤l. And please go and learn how to respect elderly people most especially mr gej.

Eeejit!

1 Like

Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by abeldav(m): 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
Seriously?? Has it gotten to this? How many cans do you want to buy? or do you exhaust your cans and still pollute your system with the normal air containing PM2.5 Well, it will only happen in China ,if it's here? are there no villages anymore FREE, FRESH, PURE, PM-FREE AIR grin grin grin I love my country

Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by tellwisdom: 3:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
So they drink maltina in china too?? sad
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by LarrySun(m): 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
In five years' time, the supposed 'Fresh Air' would be sold in Nigeria. Even in traggic jams; like La Casera and 'Viju'.

***Fresh Air, yes?***
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by Goldenheart(m): 3:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
i need some air in this place.
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
Fresh air indeed,
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by warrior101: 3:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
Blood of God...
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
Calling the lorax
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by 80million1: 3:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
*speechless*

dem dey madt.
Fresh air wey boku for my village farm. Direct oxygen.
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by Omen100(m): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
tpia@:
The lomax?

YES, MORE LIKE IT smiley
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by crazygod(m): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
Can I get a meat pie and fruity flavoured can of fresh air pls?

4 Likes

Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by timpaker(m): 4:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
I think I'm dreaming, and why didn't exist during the 18th century? at least the air then would be fresher
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 31, 2013
When they finish polluting their country in the name of industralization they will come to Africa and continue from here.
Re: Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
Let it grow let it grow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying / Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti / Donald Trump Junior And Andrew Giuliani Test Positive For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.