Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano (11879 Views)

Sabon Gari Market In Kano On Fire / Boko Haram Planning To Bomb South-west – NOA Raises Alarm / 4 Foreigners Arrested For Attempting To Vandalise Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 31, 2013
The Kano State Police Command has arrested an undergraduate student of Bayero University, Kano (BUK) in connection with an abandoned polythene bag containing wheat flour mixed with guinea corn with a remote controlled bomb inside.

A statement signed by the force spokesman, ASP Magaji Musa Majia, said the bag was seen abandoned on January 23 at bout 220hrs at a popular GSM market junction at Farm Centre by some men riding tricycle.

“A Good Samaritan alerted the police through our emergency telephone line. On receiving the information, the command’s Anti Bomb Disposal Unit was mobilized to the scene, where they confirmed the object concealed was a remote controlled bomb. The scene was safely secured and the bomb was detonated without any injury or damage,” according to the statement.

The statement also said upon investigation, the police arrested Mohammed Kabir, an indigene of Auchi in Edo State who is 400 level student of Business Administration at the university as the one who dropped the bag containing the concealed bomb.

“The suspect confessed to the ownership of the bag and is helping the police investigation.” Mr Majia said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news-news/49533-student-arrested-for-planting-bomb-in-kano
Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
Edo State?

The Jihardists are gradually gaining grounds in the South!

Who said we should not pursue Biafra?

2 Likes

Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by free13: 1:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
The Sultan of Sokoto was in Benin recently.

[/quote][b]There appeared to be an alteration between you and the Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, at the Benin Airport, when the Sultan of Sokoto visited Benin City last weekend. Can you shed some light on what actually happened?[/b]

Did you say altercation? I beg I no know book oooo (I am not literate o). But let me asseverate (explain) that my brief from the comrade governor was very pellucid (clear) and it was an executive request to me to proceed to the Benin Airport and accord all the protocols to the Sultan of Sokoto. I was to lead him to the Government House as a guest of the governor. I was also copiously in the know against the backdrop of the concatenation of colloquy (discussions) between His Eminence, the Sultan of Sokoto, and the comrade governor that there was a consensus between the Edo State government and His Eminence that the state government was to play host to the Sultan whilst he was in Edo State. I had no difficulty therefore in executing the governor’s request with clinical finish and political blitzkriegism (alacrity).[quote]

http://eddyogunbor..co.uk/2012/12/2015-presidency-why-nigeria-needs.html
Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Bella3(f): 1:33pm On Jan 31, 2013
even southerners now? Nawa. I thought they said its only northerners because of the poverty??
And to think that the fellow is an undergraduate is alarming.
Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by kudiice(m): 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
Wasted youth and wasted life of da student. Even with education still acts like an illitrate. Violence is never an option for anything.
Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Zackz: 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
bad gov,coruption unemploymement.e b like say boko violence is a job opportunity in disquise,,

2 Likes

Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by ashson: 1:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
Alhamdulillah! gradualy they are being exposed. while boko haram agreed to cease fire, another sect is emerging. what do we call this now? kanoharam, muslimharam or arewaharam

may Allah keep exposing those trying to blackmail our precious religion.

2 Likes

Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Bsc(m): 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2013
Astonishing....the easiest person to convince is an educated person, illiterates now are very difficult to convince... pity
Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Scarpon(m): 1:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
boko haram again? ? I think say them don die finish
Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by tigerleggs(m): 1:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
This will be "student haram"
Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by theripper2: 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
They are all muslims. Na d koko b dat.
Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
whetehr from east west, south or north.i think they all have something in common. check out the name of the suspected bomber and you can tell what religion he's from.

2 Likes

Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
Bsc: Astonishing....the easiest person to convince is an educated person, illiterates now are very difficult to convince... pity

illieracy and poverty are just excuses by the people in the north. as long as you are a muslim, you are a potential terrorist or a potential suicide bomber.

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by ezedolar: 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
Terorism is a branch of Islam it takes time to manifest soon the yuroba muslims will manifest

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Ebestsmscom: 1:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
Too bad.
So Edo boiz don join.

They don do am brain watch.

Na waaa Muslims get mind pass me, me wey life dey sweet like honey go commit sucide!. Aah it's not yet my turn to die.
Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by blackbeau1(f): 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
They should have put him in a room with the bomb.best way of dealing with him

2 Likes

Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by lafuria1(m): 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
pathetic, did that for a paltry sum of money. for him he has done something cry. the police should give him the normal police beating in the cell till he confess other students that will be invovle. dan iska kawai.

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Lakayana: 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
Bélla3: even southerners now? Nawa. I thought they said its only northerners because of the poverty??
Who do you think did the Sunday church bombing at B.U. K? Market women?
Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by dederocs(m): 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2013
Bélla3: even southerners now? Nawa. I thought they said its only northerners because of the poverty??
dont believe all you hear.
Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by talk2s(m): 2:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
ashson: Alhamdulillah! gradualy they are being exposed. while boko haram agreed to cease fire, another sect is emerging. what do we call this now? kanoharam, muslimharam or arewaharam

may Allah keep exposing those trying to blackmail our precious religion.

The report says his name is 'Mohammed Kabir'. Who/what do U think he worships/serves?

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by abeldav(m): 2:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
Don't tell me people are giving in to the lies of making money through bombing just like kidnapping. If not why on earth would a 400LEVEL student end his dreams,career and entire future just like that

Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by prettyboi1(m): 2:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
Nigerians are one of the most foolish people I know. We'd rather look for who to blame rather than take responsibility & change things. As foolish as we are,we'd rather look for sides to blame,we'd sit down & be blaming religion,tribes,"north","south" etc rather than blame a weak,inept,clueless & dull government for how weak they are & how their weakness has made Nigeria a zone of terror because the so-called "leaders" are our "sons", "brothers" or share our religious beliefs or come from our various tribes. Even a graduate of a university & in some cases even some workers collect only N19,800 for the so-called "minimum wage" (yet these fees are not always even paid). That money can only buy you a few good clothes now talk less of the many poor people that make up the majority of our population as Nigerians whether north,south,east or west.
Poverty,injustice,wickedness,greed,selfishness,lack of leadership capacities,corruption,weak laws,weak law enforcements etc have frustrated virtually all Nigerians & many people have been pushed to the wall & don't give a damn about anything again including life. Yet, foolish Nigerians & dumb-arsse nairalanders would come & be talking shyte & fighting each other,blaming different religions,fighting biasedly in favour of ethnic sentiments rather than open their eyes. The stupid & weak government especially the present government of president Jonathan has failed Nigeria & Nigerians alike. The fools Nigerians fight for over religious or ethnic sentiments are there looting us jointly & they don't even fight themselves at all. They see each other as "comrades" & yet even so-called educated fools called Nigerians would be here fighting each other over religion,ethnicity & other trivial issues. We Nigerians are our own biggest enemies because of foolishness & short-sightedness. Boko haram & other such terrible & violent groups would continue to grow as long as we continue to have governments that are clueless & don't know how to lead their own people.

4 Likes

Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Mrajonder(m): 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2013
AKPORS CLASS. The new Principal was walkin
around the school compound to inspect it.
He was passing along Akpors
class when he heared everybody
in d class chorusing Words and Particle after their
teacher. He was impressed so he decided to check them
out. The Principal
entered.
Class: Good afternoon to u sir. God
bless.
Principal: what class is this? Class: js 3F sir.
Principal: what is the topic u are treatin?
Class: Word Particle sir.
Principal: thats gud, am impress.
akpors their Teacher stood
aside smilin. Class: thank u sir.
Principal: i will like to further test
u.
Class: No problem sir. Principal: ok, lets start.
Up......
Class: up uper upest
Principal: short
Class:
short shorter shortest Principal: good Class: good,
gooder, goodest.
Principal: Thats wrong
Class: thats wrong, thats wronger,
dats wrongest.
Principal: what? Class: what, whater, whatest.
Principal: shut up
Class: shut up, shut uper, shut
upest.
Principal: na wao
Class: na wao, na waoer, na waoest.
Principal: what kind
of class is dis?
Class: what kind of
class is this, what kind of class is
diser, what kind of class is disest. Principal: teacher are u lukin at them?
Class: teacher ar u lukin at them,
teacher ar u lukin at themer, teacher ar u lukin at
themest.
Principal: am out abeg.
Class: am out abeg, am out abeger, am out abegest.
Teacher akpors: lol
Class: lol loler lolest. Principal fainted.
Get more jokes da wud make ur day by like dz page...www.facebook.com/pages/Naija-fun-zone/125175654316810

5 Likes

Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Chubhie: 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
Using the principle of every man has a price tag........ I make bold to say that with the right condition,motivation,brainwashing the human mind is capable of being induced to commit the mother of all known and percieved evil....... Just a food for thought for those tagging it an islamic affair.

3 Likes

Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Emmaesty(f): 2:40pm On Jan 31, 2013
Mrajonder: AKPORS CLASS. The new Principal was walkin
out. The Principal
entered.
bless.
u.
Up......
Class:
gooder, goodest.
dats wrongest.
upest.
of class is dis?
themest.
Get more jokes da wud make ur day by like dz page...www.facebook.com/pages/Naija-fun-zone/125175654316810
Dry
Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by AbdulAdam56(m): 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
Mrajonder: AKPORS CLASS. The new Principal was walkin
out. The Principal
entered.
bless.
u.
Up......
Class:
gooder, goodest.
dats wrongest.
upest.
of class is dis?
themest.
wack not funny dont try it again.Go to jokes section
Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
These Islamic leaders are trying to save the religion name through any means possible. We have seen this trend been repeated just to make sure that the South is implicated in the Boko Haram cases. They are gradually succeeding as poverty and youth greed and recklessness will final have many lure into helping with posting bombs packs, etc.
Re: Student Arrested For Attempting To Bomb Market In Kano by Chamber10(m): 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
Catch them all. But come o, when will they catch Lacasa and co grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View / Sultan Hails Buhari’s Re-election, Urges Atiku To Accept Defeat / Bakare: I Dumped Save Nigeria Group (SNG) After It Was Hijacked By Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.