Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

The Comfort Of Being A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Comfort Of Being A Christian (543 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Comfort Of Being A Christian by potentpraise: 3:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
The comfort of being a Christian

A. Its not that we will not pass through tribulations, sorrow, pain and fire, he that called us says: “2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.”(Isaiah 43:2)

B. Its not that we will not be sick, but he that called us says: “14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”(2 Chronicles 7:14)

C. Its not that we will not be afraid, but he that called us says: “6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”(Deuteronomy 31:6)

D. Its not that we will not be financially broke, but he that called us says: “19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”(Philippians 4:19)

E. Its not that we will not fall into sin, but he that called us says: “18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”(Isaiah 1:18)

F. Its not that we will not be barren, but he that called us says: 14 Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle.(Deuteronomy 7: 14)

G. Its not that we will not experience ups and down, but he that called us says:” 5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;”(Luke 3:5)

H. Its not that we will not experience hatred, but he that called us says:” 23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.” (Psalms 89:23)

I. Its not that we will not have enemies, but he that called us says:” 22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.”(Psalms 89:22)

J. Its not that we can not be with him in heaven, but he that called us says:” 15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.”(John 17:15-16)

K. Its not that he can not take pain and weakness away from us, but he that called us says: “9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”(2 Corinthians 12:9)

1 Like

Re: The Comfort Of Being A Christian by IME1: 3:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
comfort and peace of mind. no matter what the physical body can be killed but only God can kill both body and slow.
T.L♥√ع.F.
Re: The Comfort Of Being A Christian by potentpraise: 4:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
I.M.E.:
comfort and peace of mind. no matter what the physical body can be killed but only God can kill both body and slow.
T.L♥√ع.F.

Yes you are right.. We have consolation through the words of God. A huge comfort that the world can not give nor medical prescription drug can guaranty.
Through this we can live in heaven on earth, having the assurance that its all temporary before we meet him and see him face to face

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Significance Of Ash Wednesday - Lent Begins On 13-02-2013 / How The Pope Is Chosen / SNL Runs Into Trouble With Skit “djesus Uncrossed”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.