Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast (5721 Views)

N3,000 To N2.4m In 3 Weeks. Weekend Games Only / Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match / Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by Pergrace: 8:09am On Feb 01, 2013
Each Super Eagles player will receive $15,000 (about N2.4m) if the team beats Cote d’Ivoire and qualifies for the semi-final of the 2013 AFCON on Sunday.

A top Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) official disclosed each player will be $20,000 richer if the team triumphs in the semi-final.

For victory in the championship game on February 10 inside the National Stadium in Johannesburg, each player will pocket another $30,000.

Each player received $30,000 a day after the team qualified for the quarterfinal on Tuesday.

Team sponsor Guinness has also made a financial commitment for goals scored at the AFCON, while the Eagles are expecting billionaire Aliko Dangote to splash more cash after they reached the last eight.

Each player was paid about $80,000 when Nigeria finished third at the 2010 Nations Cup in Angola.

On Sunday afternoon in Rustenburg, the Eagles face 1992 champions Cote d’Ivoire.

The winners of this match-up will clash with the winners of the quarterfinal between hosts South Africa and Mali.

Culled from Tribune
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=91950
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 01, 2013
Hmm,a kinda motivation to succeed.Haplessly,the money will remain on paper since they'll be trashed out of the tournament in 2 days time.

2 Likes

Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by momodub: 10:54am On Feb 01, 2013
every thin na noney for naija shocked

3 Likes

Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 01, 2013
NFF knows they won't win,so all this cash promises is just propaganda.
Nobody can run faster than his shadow. By the way,what would happen to the cash,if they didn't win?
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by obi4eze(m): 10:57am On Feb 01, 2013
They'll win CIV and get the money.

1 Like

Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by Libkid(m): 10:57am On Feb 01, 2013
Money no dey drive the super eagles money na their conductor so if them wan win them go win
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by mrkels(m): 10:58am On Feb 01, 2013
Doesnt Make sense...So without the monetary motivation they wont perform? They are supposed to perform out of love for their country, and the motivating factor should be patrotism and not the money. Shame on the useless bunch of loosers representing us at the AFCON games. Shame on the people motivating them with money. Shame on all those who think its a right move to motivate them with money.

11 Likes

Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by mirak01(m): 10:58am On Feb 01, 2013
Naija and its fakeless rulers,ao will dey gv dem wen dey knw dey wnt qualify
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by imperiouxx(m): 11:00am On Feb 01, 2013
our moni! Sure say na N2.4M dey record?......the remaining dey inside board pocket wink Just continue stealing and squandering this moni.
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by Heatblast(m): 11:01am On Feb 01, 2013
Later, someone would ask people to fast for them undecided

1 Like

Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by brownlord: 11:01am On Feb 01, 2013
Okay, if they can, and now they cant, so let them keep that money, and use it for better tins
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by yomip3t(m): 11:06am On Feb 01, 2013
RUBBISH .... Silly things in Africa. So, dem dey bribe them all time. Corruption in all sectors.
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by cdizz(m): 11:07am On Feb 01, 2013
11th comment. is this a form of reinforcement or something? anyways,nice plan to motivate players.
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by brownlord: 11:07am On Feb 01, 2013
obi4eze: They'll win CIV and get the money.

My guy park well, u tink say na by to open bank give them nai dey go take win, a team that lack skills and team work, they all bunch of idiats, so if e like them give each 1 million dollar, it doesnt change the fact that they dont knw wht they doin, so no be by money dem go take sabi play

2 Likes

Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by pboiskinpy(m): 11:08am On Feb 01, 2013
#sobbing#...dis present "super-eagles"no de impress person at all...if they like,make dem promise dem oil wells,they go still fumble...
Unlike the days of okocha,kanu,taribo etc wen dia is nothing like promises,yet they fly like the eagles that they are...#still sobbing
#jux passing
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by izenco2005(m): 11:09am On Feb 01, 2013
If u belive nigeria will win like dis post.

6 Likes

Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by ignis: 11:09am On Feb 01, 2013
Ω̴̩̩̩̥α wa õoooº°˚˚°º ,
Can't the FG use this money on important projects, rather than been lavished?
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by EzePromoe: 11:12am On Feb 01, 2013
Some countries would be blaming their presidents now for their poverty on hearing this just as we blame GEJ for ours.
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by aryzgreat: 11:15am On Feb 01, 2013
Hope d dude that was lamenting about igbos pocketing and being richer than other tribes by $30,000 won't die of high BP when he reads this?

Motivation brings out the best in individuals. Go make us proud Eagles!
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by DaWhiz: 11:15am On Feb 01, 2013
mrkels: Doesnt Make sense...So without the monetary motivation they wont perform? They are supposed to perform out of love for their country, and the motivating factor should be patrotism and not the money. Shame on the useless bunch of loosers representing us at the AFCON games. Shame on the people motivating them with money. Shame on all those who think its a right move to motivate them with money.

Right on! This is all bullshit. So they can't be patriotic and serve their country, they need money for motivation. Absolute fvckin crap.
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by theripper2: 11:17am On Feb 01, 2013
Too much incentives.
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by bookface: 11:18am On Feb 01, 2013
[size=13pt]I wonder how much is being offered to our troops who are currently in Mali.

Stooopid government with wrong priorities.

Those troops who served in Liberia were refused their pay and locked up for protesting https://www.nairaland.com/266820/nigerian-soldiers-jailed-life-protesting

Foooolish Country with Stoooopid government with Extremely retardeeed priorities![/size]

2 Likes

Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by DJDOLA(m): 11:19am On Feb 01, 2013
Even if u don't give us money we are goin 2 win IVORYCOAST..because some haters think we will loos but no way..we have 2 win 2 keep those fools quite
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by k2039: 11:20am On Feb 01, 2013
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by mitchyy(f): 11:21am On Feb 01, 2013
See money
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 01, 2013
if na me dem offer this kind money, i go play like say i no go play again....... But im sure we're beating ivorians. Remember my deal- if we didnt win, ban me frm nairaland. Shikena
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by yomip3t(m): 11:27am On Feb 01, 2013
izenco2005: If u belive nigeria will win like dis post.

Wake from your dream !!!
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by chiswaggs: 11:28am On Feb 01, 2013
I know this is not the right place to write this but please spare me. For all those Messi apologists who feel he is the most humble person they have never met, kindly google up Messi/ arbeloa/ s*tupid. You could also help yourself by googling up messi/ karanka/ puppet. Messi indeed must be very "humble"
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by yomip3t(m): 11:29am On Feb 01, 2013
Strauskhan1: if na me dem offer this kind money, i go play like say i no go play again....... But im sure we're beating ivorians. Remember my deal- if we didnt win, ban me frm nairaland. Shikena

Which money u dey talk abt ! U mean wey most of them dey spend one night for club .. U make me laugh.
No be pepsi academy player 'em be naw.
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by sixtusjr(m): 11:31am On Feb 01, 2013
Why offering them money? D should do their work without beib offered money.
Re: N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast by franchizy(m): 11:31am On Feb 01, 2013
The Eagles wil humilate CIV just as Man Utd humilated Chelsea, Arsenal, Man city, Liverpool and above Real Madrid in few days time. Haters wil hug transformer and develop High BP as well. As far as I'm concerned, the Eagles r unbeatable. Go Eagles Go

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‎WAFU Women’s Cup 2018 : Super Falcons Drawn With Senegal, Togo / Who Will Win The La Liga? / Women's Hockey Team Strip Off As They Practice Their Drills 4 Charity ( Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.