Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

I'm 83 And I'm Tired-bill Cosby - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm 83 And I'm Tired-bill Cosby (2516 Views)

Please Pray For Me: I Wrecked My Car And I'm In A Sad Situation / Pastors And Alfa Asked Me To Bring Money For Deliverance-i'm Tired / "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm 83 And I'm Tired-bill Cosby by ochallo: 10:33am On Feb 01, 2013
Bill Cosby "I'm 83 and Tired" I'm 83. Except for brief period in the 50's when I was doing my National Service, I've worked hard since I was 17. Except for some some serious health challenges, I put in 50-hour weeks, and didn't call in sick in nearly 40 years. I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, it looks as though retirement was a bad idea, and I'm tired. Very tired. I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it. I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to. I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques and Madrasa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia , New Zealand , UK, America and Canada , while no one from these countries are allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other Arab country to teach love and tolerance.. I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate. I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off? I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor. I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems. I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and early 20's be-deck them selves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making themselves unemployable and claiming money from the Government. Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 83.. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter and their children. Thank God I'm on the way out and not on the way in. There is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us sends it on! This is your chance to make a difference. " I'm 83 and I'm tired. If you don't agree you are part of the problem!

http://www.elijahforce..in/2013/02/im-83-and-im-tired.html

1 Like

Re: I'm 83 And I'm Tired-bill Cosby by lecturerdabo(m): 11:39am On Feb 01, 2013
kk
Re: I'm 83 And I'm Tired-bill Cosby by ochallo: 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2013
well said
Re: I'm 83 And I'm Tired-bill Cosby by Techwriter: 2:31am On Feb 03, 2013
Thank you cosby, you have a big message there but allow me to vent my own displeasure as a resident of Nigeria
Unlike you, I am yet to be fourty but I'm tired of certain happenings in our society.
I am tired of paying for light bills I did not use

I am tired of hearing that the youths are the leaders of tomorrow when Ebonyi State governor is over 80 and Buhari is still contesting election at that age. When will the moro come?

I'm tired of hearing that we are one Nigeria when the landlords in Lagos keep asking where I'm from and if Igbo, check elsewhere

I am tired of listening to brainwashed people call another brainwashed simply because they follow biblical principles and people who have never read the Bible but follow their church's religious traditions without questioning regard a seeker of truth as brainwashed. Tell me who is more brain washed? I honorably prefer to be "brainwashe" by the Word of God than to think I'm wise when I'm ignorantly deceiving myself

I am tired of seeing Tonto Dike stories make the Front page and enlightening threads like this relegated to the backside.

I am tired of hearing ill-informed people. Come to this forum to praise a "man of God" who advertises his giving on television and criticize another who in following the Bible tries not to publicize his good works. Unfortunately when the God that sees in secret reward him openly, the same critics will accuse them of preying on their "poor"brainwashed members.

Finally, I am tired of people pricing this car below and not buying. Please if you don't have money don't call. Its 2.5 million Naira only

1 Like

Re: I'm 83 And I'm Tired-bill Cosby by Nobody: 2:36am On Feb 03, 2013
83 YEAR OLD FOOL. SO YOU ARE TIRED OF THE GOVT WANTING TO TAKE YOUR MONEY AND GIVE IT TO THE LESS PRIVILEGED. LETS SEE YOU TAKE ALL THOSE MILLIONS TO YOUR GRAVE THEN SMDH
Re: I'm 83 And I'm Tired-bill Cosby by Techwriter: 2:51am On Feb 03, 2013
obadiah777: 83 YEAR OLD FOOL. SO YOU ARE TIRED OF THE GOVT WANTING TO TAKE YOUR MONEY AND GIVE IT TO THE LESS PRIVILEGED. LETS SEE YOU TAKE ALL THOSE MILLIONS TO YOUR GRAVE THEN SMDH

I'm surprised u are saying this. Did you read thru thoroughly? He is not against giving to the less privileged who circumstances of birth or accident has rendered so; he is against empowering laziness. In lagos for instance there are professional beggars.

Notice that the South has less number of beggars because the system doesn't encourage laziness but in the North where the dominant religion encourage giving to the less privilege as against empowering the less privilege with the motivation to be an achiever. Many lazy people there marry many and produce many children- he buys plate for all of them and sends them begging on the streets. That is where Boko Haram is coming from
Re: I'm 83 And I'm Tired-bill Cosby by Nobody: 3:15am On Feb 03, 2013
Techwriter:

I'm surprised u are saying this. Did you read thru thoroughly? He is not against giving to the less privileged who circumstances of birth or accident has rendered so; he is against empowering laziness. In lagos for instance there are professional beggars.

Notice that the South has less number of beggars because the system doesn't encourage laziness but in the North where the dominant religion encourage giving to the less privilege as against empowering the less privilege with the motivation to be an achiever. Many lazy people there marry many and produce many children- he buys plate for all of them and sends them begging on the streets. That is where Boko Haram is coming from
AND YOU RELATE THIS TO BOKO HARAM AND PEOPLE BEGGING ON THE STREETS IN NIGERIA ? REALLY ? THE MAN IS 83 YEARS OLD AND IS WORTH HALF A BILLION DOLLARS. WHAT IS THE POINT OF THAT ? SEE YOU HAVE THE MARK OF THE BEAST IN YOUR FOREHEAD. THATS WHY YOU ARE THINKING LIKE THE BEAST. YOU ARE ENGULFED IN THE SYSTEM OF THE BEAST. YOU SIR, ARE LOST. HOW CAN WE FIND YOU ?
Re: I'm 83 And I'm Tired-bill Cosby by wiegraf: 3:46am On Feb 03, 2013
Errrm, how do y'all know cosby wrote this?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/imtired.asp
Re: I'm 83 And I'm Tired-bill Cosby by ochallo: 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2013
obadiah777: AND YOU RELATE THIS TO BOKO HARAM AND PEOPLE BEGGING ON THE STREETS IN NIGERIA ? REALLY ? THE MAN IS 83 YEARS OLD AND IS WORTH HALF A BILLION DOLLARS. WHAT IS THE POINT OF THAT ? SEE YOU HAVE THE MARK OF THE BEAST IN YOUR FOREHEAD. THATS WHY YOU ARE THINKING LIKE THE BEAST. YOU ARE ENGULFED IN THE SYSTEM OF THE BEAST. YOU SIR, ARE LOST. HOW CAN WE FIND YOU ?

Are you refering to cosby or the poster?
Re: I'm 83 And I'm Tired-bill Cosby by snubish: 7:00pm On Feb 09, 2013
why is dis in the religion section
Re: I'm 83 And I'm Tired-bill Cosby by ochallo: 9:24am On Feb 13, 2013
snubish: why is dis in the religion section
where should it be?

(1) (Reply)

Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? / Allah Word Written In Arabic Appears On Egg Shell / The Truth About Speaking In Tongues And Holy Ghost Baptism...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.