Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia (20897 Views)

See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo / VIDEO: Lionel Messi Fails To Score Penalty Against Japanese Robot Goalie / Yakubu Missed A Penalty Against Liverpool In A 3 - 2 Defeat For Blackburn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia by otodeluxe(m): 7:48am On Feb 02, 2013
You guys should leave mikel alone oo. He is the best midfielder nigeria has now

1 Like

Re: Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia by Saintsquare(m): 8:33am On Feb 02, 2013
Geds: To all Mikel bashers, please note that he was involved in Nigeria's first two goals at the afcon and he doesn't lose possession of the ball easily. I didn't watch the Ethiopia game, but I'm sure he would have been one of the better performers on that day.

You see, when the media (especially the british media) start to report something - even if it is totally untrue- people start believing it. Unfortunately, Mikel is a victim of this.
It would be better if we all draw conclusions about his performances ourselves and not based on media reports. Our conclusions should take into consideration his role and what he is meant to do in that position and most importantly without bias.

Just leave the poor kid alone. At least he is one of Nigeria's best players (believe it or not).
What do you expect from Nigerians anytime Mikel's name appears?,his sluggish,he hasn't scored,his proud,now he missed a penalty?.Mikel is trying but Nigerians need to know he can never be like jay jay.
Re: Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia by adenuel2012: 9:38am On Feb 02, 2013
repogirl: My main problem with Mikel Obi is that he's proud and pride goeth before a fall. So what if he was begged? Who cares? We want goals, if he cannot give us goals someone else should. I think eagles will do better without him sef, I wish the coach doesnt put him in the start up, he should be subbed in fifteen minutes to the end if needed.
This is jealousy my dear.....have u met mikel bragging before. If he's proud..I think the young man has what it take to be proud. The highest pick ever any footballer can dream. Pls...let's free dis guy. Oruma, jayjay, kanu,all dis guys haves penalty that cost Nigeria dearly....even CR7 the great...Lionel the great..tell me who among them has never missed dis kick...cut d crap guysand pray for Nigeri come tomorrow match
Re: Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia by adenuel2012: 9:50am On Feb 02, 2013
Geewan:

Bros please try to watch the match first. I've always been a fan of Mikel right from under 17. I always refer to him as a stabilizer but he keeps disappointing me when it comes to Nigeria. Did he make assist in the first game? No! He only tried to make up for his missed penalty against Zambia. That's all.
Did u say first game assist. Sorry but it seems you didn't watch the match. Mikel gave long pass through to Ideye who gave it to Emenike and he scored. First game, second game, mikel gave d pass to emenike after struggling to get it from opponent. Emenike scored, bfore he missedd d spot kick. So far in all d three matches,he's been phenomenon, you can only beef him but u can't take away what dis guy have. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia by adenuel2012: 9:59am On Feb 02, 2013
vanminister: mikel plays scared.

not using his frame at all!

useless footballer

chelsea always play with ten men when hes playing

unreliable undependable individual

infact nigeria has no single memorable player at the moment.

nigeria should withdraw from all competition for 10 years to restore credibility to its sport and legacy!

mikel penalty against zambia reveals that he was trying to copy f.lampard by the way he played that penalty.

a trained chimpanzee will score better than mikel.

i love you mikel but the truth needs to be told. i live in london so i am not fazed by the england pro tag. you will not even be in my b team if i was

nigeria coach.
Sorry oga, u live in London but u talk like an illiterate, or rather a football novice.
Re: Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia by Geewan(m): 11:31am On Feb 02, 2013
Re: Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia by Geewan(m): 11:31am On Feb 02, 2013
adenuel2012:
Did u say first game assist. Sorry but it seems you didn't watch the match. Mikel gave long pass through to Ideye who gave it to Emenike and he scored. First game, second game, mikel gave d pass to emenike after struggling to get it from opponent. Emenike scored, bfore he missedd d spot kick. So far in all d three matches,he's been phenomenon, you can only beef him but u can't take away what dis guy have. God bless Nigeria.

Bros you really need to watch those matches again.
1. It was ideye who made assist in the first game. Mikel was only involved. If we go by your reasoning then all the 11 Nigerian players including the keeper made the assist since it was also someone who passed the ball to Mikel.
2. He missed the penalty in the first half and made the assist in the second half.
3. Trust me I'm the last person who will beef Mikel.
Re: Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia by uchechrist(m): 11:48am On Feb 02, 2013
luvable sam: thank God Moses begged to take the penalty(if the whole 'beg' thing is true) cos i know what the result would have been if mikel took the kick

(1) we would have been ousted now
(2)Boko Haram would have resumed their bombing(cos the AFCON is what is keeping them pre-occupied)
and
(3) Naija would be ranked 99th when the next FIFA ranking comes out
is true
Re: Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
wetin mikel dey play 4 naija sef abeg guys make we talk da truth....after j.j okocha left nobody has played that position like him
Re: Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia by adidison(m): 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2013
uzeba: I tot he is nt playing againt ivory coast? Person wey no fit take risk for chelsea na naija he wan do am!! Playing with our father's heart!! Anyhow na them sabi!!

hahahahaha! @ fathers heart!
Re: Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia by repogirl(f): 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2013
yeh! Nigeria actually won! I officially retract all my comments and swallow my words back. D lesson of the day is never underestimate super eagles o! Thank goodness sey I no go bet money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Biya Hosts Indomitable Lions Of Cameroon For Winning AFCON (Photos) / Asisat Oshoala Wins Glo CAF Women Footballer Of The Year 2016(photos) / Watch CAF Awards Live On Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.