Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU (10662 Views)

Any Help With Eu Countires To Hustle , And Study PT... / Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by helsinkiman(m): 1:06pm On Feb 01, 2013
The Parliament of the Economic Community of West African States has canvassed a visa-free regime between the ECOWAS member states and the European Union.

Speaker of ECOWAS Parliament, and Nigeria’s Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, made the call when he visited the President of the European Parliament, Martin Schulz, in Brussels, Belgium, on Wednesday.

Ekweremadu’s Media Adviser, Mr. Uche Anichuckwu quoted the Deputy Senate President to have said the new visa regime had become imperative, given the increasing diplomatic and economic cooperation between the economic blocs.

He said, “A visa-free regime between both economic blocs has become imperative in order to facilitate greater socio-economic and political cooperation between the EU and ECOWAS member states and we think the time has come to give it a try.

“A situation where important ECOWAS government officials and business persons with genuine reasons to visit EU countries for legitimate businesses are denied visas is no longer acceptable and I do hope the European Parliament would take up this matter accordingly.”

The Speaker allayed the fears of EU member states, who feel that such a visa regime would result in influx of people of ECOWAS into Europe.

He suggested an incremental approach starting with certain categories of international passport holders.

Ekweremadu also assured the EU Parliament that ECOWAS was on top of the situation in Mali.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ecowas-seeks-visa-free-regime-with-eu/

This means that west africans wont require visa to travel to the EU. Whats your opinion on this. For me its a welcome development if agreed upon.

1 Like

Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by Skywalker5(m): 1:27pm On Feb 01, 2013
lol. Dont know what to say but i really feel this is impossible.

4 Likes

Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by Freiburger(m): 1:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
As long as it rhymes with the globalization effort.
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by pictures: 1:31pm On Feb 01, 2013
Everybody ready to move to Europe. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by Skywalker5(m): 1:32pm On Feb 01, 2013
pictures: Everybody ready to move to Europe. grin grin grin

Nigeria go empty

15 Likes

Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by justwise(m): 1:36pm On Feb 01, 2013
helsinkiman: Ecowas parliamentarians have approached the EU to agree to a visa free regime between Ecowas and the EU. This means that west africans wont require visa to travel to the EU. Whats your opinion on this. For me its a welcome development if agreed upon.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ecowas-seeks-visa-free-regime-with-eu/

One word: Impossible.

5 Likes

Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by pboiskinpy(m): 2:21pm On Feb 01, 2013
#igbo-ha na-aro nro efi hausa
#english-they are dreaming like an hausa cow
#broken-english-de de dream like hausa cow
#french-vula vu,ana evu ala evu...

#jux passing

19 Likes

Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by RedLight1: 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2013
vision 3030 grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by zangiff(m): 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2013
good decision
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by tellwisdom: 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ecomog should not be given a visa free benefit angry angry
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by mallorca(m): 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2013
Nobi for this our generation

1 Like

Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by akatonero(m): 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2013
See the way him go disgrace him self dey beg for visa while doz Europeans come to Africa easily.he is even speaking for him self and his mate not for the interest of every one....mtcheeeeeeeeew!!! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by israel007: 2:27pm On Feb 01, 2013
hahahaha

na wa for us o. the man drink garry when him dey talk this thing? south africa never be visa free. na EU of all places. the man go just hear laugh inside him mind.
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by uzeba(m): 2:27pm On Feb 01, 2013
Naija has alot of problem that need to be solved, they are seeking for the impossible ones!! Begging for free visa!! No self esteem!! The nigerian that is outside are nt even showing good example enough for them for grant us free visa in 20years time!!

2 Likes

Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by onatisi(m): 2:27pm On Feb 01, 2013
grin pipe dream
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by OluEmmaAss: 2:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
Nooo! With the ingenious criminality and get-abroad-by-force mindset of our people.
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by kakakibuy(m): 2:31pm On Feb 01, 2013
Sky-walker:

Nigeria go empty

I beg to differ. All European Countries have a visa-free arrangement with Brazil. There are poor people in Brazil and yet the country isn't empty. Not everyone wants to leave their comfort zone.

7 Likes

Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by timilehin007(m): 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2013
I should start raising money for ticket oo. London here I come

1 Like

Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by kalunomics(m): 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2013
was just laughing as i was reading the post... Europe ke? Tell that to our neighbour, Ghanaians and hear their response.
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by executinal(m): 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2013
Till thy kingdom come grin grin
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by manny4life(m): 2:34pm On Feb 01, 2013
ECOWAS DREAMING IN EU LAND grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by brownlord: 2:34pm On Feb 01, 2013
New yr joke, even the EU people go pack their load begin find visa to USA or canada orother country the way only my country men Nja go take invade there in the first one week, mak dem try am only if them no value their country again
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 01, 2013
People go just desert the whole West Africa in one week grin grin.
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by slimming: 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
it will be a difficult task o
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by AkpuNku2: 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by adora4u1: 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2013
Akpu.Nku:
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

GHOST PROTOCOL! Only with ghosts will this be possible!
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by joxiri: 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2013
I think this is only for the top officials frm and big businessmen which makes me wonder how it can possibly be implemented
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by nuella50: 2:43pm On Feb 01, 2013
“A situation where important ECOWAS government officials and business persons with genuine reasons to visit EU countries [i][/i]for legitimate businesses are denied visas is no longer acceptable and I do hope the European Parliament would take up this matter accordingly.”

NOW THIS IS THEIR NEW MOVE TO FREELY LOOT MONEY OUT OF THIS COUNTRY WITHOUT ANYONE NOTICING, CHECKING AND ASKING ABOUT IT! NA PAROLES BE DIS OOH NAIJA SHINE YA EYES! cool cool cool
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by Finland(m): 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2013
Red-Light:
vision 3030 grin grin
I think it's more of vision 4040 cos this can not even happen the year 3030 cheesy
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 01, 2013
Realistically, the best ECOWAS can get would be a 30-day visa-free regime. The EU's economic crises (particularly unemployment situation) will make it difficult for it's govts to grant Ekweremadu's request.
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by justaqad(m): 2:50pm On Feb 01, 2013
pboiskinpy: #igbo-ha na-aro nro efi hausa
#english-they are dreaming like an hausa cow
#broken-english-de de dream like hausa cow
#french-vula vu,ana evu ala evu...

#jux passing

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
una no go kill person for here
Re: Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 01, 2013
Some dreams DO come to pass!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. / Railway Corporation Generates N80million From Abuja-kaduna Train Service / First Time Canadian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.