Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment (1614 Views)

How Appealing Is The Promise Of Eternal Life? / Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment / If Eternal Torment Is True, Then Where Is This Plain Teaching In The Tenach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by alexleo(m): 11:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
frosbel:

The Apostolic Faith doctrine on Hell Fire can be very wrong, after all they got the medicine one wrong along with others.

I adjure you to stop following MEN.
[b]

Apostolic Faith didnt get anything wrong in medication. It was overzealous members in Nigeria,nay, Africa that misinterpreted the Church stand different from the stand of the founders in Portland Oregon USA. till today a lot of members still do not seek medical attention yet they get healed so we ve not changed our stand that it is God that heals rather what we are saying is let those who dont take medicine not condemn those who do. Simple. The message of hell fire is not wrong.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by alexleo(m): 11:26pm On Feb 02, 2013
frosbel:

Afraid of hell cheesy

You do err , not knowing the true gospel or the purpose for which Christ came, he came not to destroy lives but to save lives, send that your HELL FIRE doctrine back to SATAN where it came from.

yes you are afraid of hell. It is that fear that led you into that satanic research of the scriptures. A true child of God knows that his going to heaven is only by God's grace and has no need to fear hell. Quoting the scriptures anyhow like a logic book cannot make your teachings right and acceptable to any true child of God. Even atheists and satanists quote bible like that too. But we know that the bible is not a book of logic thats why we subject our reading of it to the guidance and interpretations of the Holy Spirit. People like me cannot be deceived by such manipulations of yours. I only pity the feeble minded and hell-scared like you who will quickly accept the cheap version you are giving to them.

1 Like

Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 2:11am On Feb 03, 2013
alexleo: [b]

Apostolic Faith didnt get anything wrong in medication. It was overzealous members in Nigeria,nay, Africa that misinterpreted the Church stand different from the stand of the founders in Portland Oregon USA. till today a lot of members still do not seek medical attention yet they get healed so we ve not changed our stand that it is God that heals rather what we are saying is let those who dont take medicine not condemn those who do. Simple. The message of hell fire is not wrong.

And this is precisely the problem, you consider the teachings of Apostolic Faith to be 100% accurate, as far as this continues you are unable to perform an independent analysis of scriptures, it will always be with the lenses of Apostolic Faith.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by dokie: 4:40pm On Apr 10, 2013
To anyone who has an ear, frosbel is a false teacher or writer or threader or whatever we call someone who writes on a forum like this.

jesus mentioned hell just as much as he mentioned heaven if not more. he never minced words that hell was a place of punishment, torment and suffering. christianity has maintained this for its existence for 2k years until the likes of charles russells of watchtower society (jw) started to say it is common mans grave that is permanent death. the latter years shall be accompanied by many false prophets who go around teaching heresies claiming that they are breaking free from mens doctrines. that is what charles russells claimed, that is what joseph smith of church of jesus christ of LDS claimed, jim jones who led so many to a mass suicide, the list is endless. and now we have the likes of frosbels. thier patterns pretty much the same: they bash the catholic church and call them pagans and apostates since the earliest days, and gradually begin to refute all fundamental christian teachings:Trinity, hell, original sin, incarnation, the formuler for baptism etc. they claim the bible as the source of their position while all the while they twist it to suit their purposes.

these guys say a lot of reasonable things but throw up very satanic ideas which does the damage, and sell it to weak minds who are carried away by the seeming reasonability of some of their other works.

unfortunately, their pride and by extension their refusal to subject themselves to any form of authority has made them subjects of the devil whose downfall was as a result of pride. their end would is not likely to be different from the devils except those of them who are still alive repent.

1 Like

Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
^^^

If a Roman calls me a false teacher it means I am doing something right cheesy
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by dokie: 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

If a Roman calls me a false teacher it means I am doing something right cheesy

certainly, you are doing something right, but for the devil knowingly or unknowingly.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2013
dokie:

certainly, you are doing something right, but for the devil knowingly or unknowingly.

This is what I am doing and will continue to do till God takes me away from this world :

"...... contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God's holy people"- Jude 1:3b

(1) (2) (Reply)

Historical Giant Skeletons / Why do people Help A God / Jesus And St. Paul Condemned Islam, Foretold The Coming Of Muhammad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.