Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! (4762 Views)

...... / Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience / Jobberman's 2013 - 100 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by beautifulmind: 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2013
In a country where there are no jobs, jobberman is now asking people to pay monthly before they can apply for jobs. A site where companies and employers are posting jobs free of charge. it's like selling these jobs to people. same jobs u will fine on other website for free. this is so so wrong.

8 Likes

Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
beautifulmind: In a country where there are no jobs, jobberman is now asking people to pay monthly before they can apply for jobs. A site where companies and employers are posting jobs free of charge. it's like selling these jobs to people. same jobs u will fine on other website for free. this is so so wrong.
i wanted to say something but i guess i was the only one thinkin this people is wrong
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by Westlord: 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2013
I ll say my hope was dashed wen I found out & of all app I did, I was never even invited 4 any test/interview.
I gave them gr8 tribute b4 naw for their promptness & competence in job advert delivery & even recomended it to friends & job seekers not knowing that there was an hidden agenda.
I dont blame them, its d situation my dear Nation; every potential Angel is an opportunist. (all man dey hozzol)
I have naw employed other mean because NairaLand is d only 1 left so I dnt get frustrated if eventuality happens.
Them(Jobberman) no reach, God may hv made it this way 4 my dawn.
ALL IS WELL

3 Likes

Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by Coldfaya(m): 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
Are they no alternative sites? Or is jobberman d only career site? I'm actually Asking
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by yorke1: 3:07pm On Feb 01, 2013
I've unsubscribed them from sending me any job placement since that nonsense started.
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by beautifulmind: 3:26pm On Feb 01, 2013
they ve a good delivery service no doubt...but paying for a job ones chances r very slim is dumb. with d traffic they have, imagine d numbers of people applying at the same time.
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by mrkels(m): 4:07pm On Feb 01, 2013
Jobberman na site? Mtcheeeew keep applying through them no1 would call you. My advice, use naijahotobs.com
before 5months you would get a good paying job. wink
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by olabiz2010: 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2013
I always give kudos to them before as well not until I saw their billing method........

What a life!
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 01, 2013
they are very bad collecting money.
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by Mustay(m): 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
Well, businesses must survive and they need funding for their services. I just knew it would get to a point Jobberman would enter this stage especially when I saw sometime ago, their premium services etc - I knew they were trying to streamline users of the site.

This just reminds me of some online Nigerian newspapers charging people for reading their content online - well, we all know the end result today.

Apparently, JM has a partnership with MTN - I suggest they find ways of funding operations without charging users for the mindset of the average Nigerian like that of the OP is to change ship and use another website!!!
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2013
I don't get job-seekers .. perhaps the drudgery of trekking to submit your CVs at various offices from Awodi-Ora to Ibafon has set your brains on fire.
You have spent a lot of money getting a good education and graduating. would you want to work for peanuts or free?!! angry

The Owners of Jobberman also got a costly education and turned their skills into something useful, now they are asking you to pay for their labor and toil all these years putting people into good jobs and you are calling them bad!!! haba.. use your church mind naa grin

3 Likes

Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by olawunmisamuel1: 6:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
You can pay for Bis subscription but you can't pay jobberman 1300 for 3months. Haba people. They too must chop.
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 01, 2013
Jobberman is a charitable organization. They are actually owned by the Red Cross.
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by tayoccu(m): 7:39pm On Feb 01, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: I don't get job-seekers .. perhaps the drudgery of trekking to submit your CVs at various offices from Awodi-Ora to Ibafon has set your brains on fire.
You have spent a lot of money getting a good education and graduating. would you want to work for peanuts or free?!! angry

The Owners of Jobberman also got a costly education and turned their skills into something useful, now they are asking you to pay for their labor and toil all these years putting people into good jobs and you areo work for peanuts or free?!! angry

The Owners of Jobberman also got a costly education and turned their skills into something useful, now they are asking you to pay for their labor and toil all these years putting people into good jobs and you are calling them bad!!! haba.. use your church mind naa grin

Why don't they make their money like dragnet and co (from the companies), the companies will most likely find the skill set they want from the huge pool of CVs on JM, but not everyone that uploads a CV on JM will get a job thru them.
Now use your church mind!

olawunmi_samuel: You can pay for Bis subscription but you can't pay jobberman 1300 for 3months. Haba people. They too must chop.
What are the odds of 1/4 of the applicants getting jobs through them within those three months?
Now ask yourself won't it be better if the guys @ JM made their money off the companies advertising (which is the sensible thing to do), than the average job seeker whose odds are very slim?
#food4thought

1 Like

Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2013
[quote author=tayoccu]

Why don't they make their money like dragnet and co (from the companies), the companies will most likely find the skill set they want from the huge pool of CVs on JM, but not everyone that uploads a CV on JM will get a job thru them.
Now use your church mind!

It is called a business model that works for STEADY Revenue streams to sustain the business.. you think Big companies hire every other day? job-seekers on the other hand.. seek job opportunities every other day.. so why not pay for such opportunities when they do come up
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by tayoccu(m): 8:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
^in other words keep paying for opportunities that aren't forthcoming?
If companies like dragnet can survive on the money they make from the companies, jobberman can also survive. They can also make money by allowing companies advertise their products and services on their website.
I'm inclined to think the peeps @ JM didn't carry out their feasibility studies properly.

1 Like

Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by Westlord: 8:43pm On Feb 01, 2013
For those sayng JM is for finance, I m nt suprised because even most churches preach d@ Salvation is free but U&I knw d truth, they should hav made the premium known 4rm d onset in their Terms & not havng an Abstrat Objective or hidden agenda.
For BIS, U get Ur updates & even the free job alarts & oda services as U so subscribd; th@s a Term of Agreement, telecom coy kept their, whc 1 did jM keep?
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by Afam4eva(m): 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
If this is true then the people at the helm at jobberman are not smart. This is an era of open source where websites make their money from advertisement and not from users.

3 Likes

Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by ifyalways(f): 10:48pm On Feb 01, 2013
why dont they use and make money from adsense or adverts?

1 Like

Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by tayoccu(m): 11:13pm On Feb 01, 2013
ifyalways: why dont they use and make money from adsense or adverts?

Beats me
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by adewasco2k(m): 12:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
For i think they are going a very good Job, they get jobs advert you can hardly see on any other job boards but something beats me seriously, i hardly apply for any position in my field without been called for an interview but on Jobberman i have never been successful with any of my applications, that's alarming!!!
so even before they started asking for money all i use them for is to see the vacancies and the companies involved, so i will do my personal research and apply directly to the firm, that was going just well not until they started removing the names of the companies and now asking for money.

My view, some people say they have gotten Jobs via Jobberman, if you have faith in them seriously pay the money and let them help you get the job. the money is not to much if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by Autolord: 1:51pm On Feb 02, 2013
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by adewasco2k(m): 5:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
Autolord: I don't know why jobberman is feeling to big to use google adsense to generate revenue, even with the $10million irokotv secured in funding, they still utilise google adsense to generate revenue apart from there subscription service. However we should all know jobberman is a business and hosting their web app on a dedicated server to provide there users with optimum scalable speed(imagine the website hanging),paying staff,striving to get the best jobs on their platform et al cost money so its also good for them to explore other sources for generating revenue no be human beings like una dey pay irokotv to watch nollywood movies online.Jobberman I think u should reduce your charges to the range of N500/month and allow users to pay using their mobile phone via gsm service providers (text email et al to 33001) to activate premium hence 500 is deducted from the users credit, because I wouldn't want to go through the stress of using my mastercard,going to the bank or what ever to pay N500.Users should also be allowed to see startup,marketing jobs,sme jobs for free, then government,bigger orgs can be tagged premium jobs(generally preferred jobs) Also implement google adsense even on your ur mobile version, mere google adsense will not drive users away from your site or disrupt our browsing experience.I also have more than 25 other business development advice for jobberman.If the co-founders of jobberman are reading this. Let your people contact my people at scorpsixteen@gmail.com grin

sorry bro all this you are saying is just what Jobberman started few days back....charges are now 500 Naira per month and they have linked with MTN so you can subscribe for job alert on your phone just send Gradjob to 38261 the services is 50 naira per week
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by tayoccu(m): 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2013
Autolord: I don't know why jobberman is feeling to big to use google adsense to generate revenue, even with the $10million irokotv secured in funding, they still utilise google adsense to generate revenue apart from there subscription service. However we should all know jobberman is a business and hosting their web app on a dedicated server to provide there users with optimum scalable speed(imagine the website hanging),paying staff,striving to get the best jobs on their platform et al cost money so its also good for them to explore other sources for generating revenue no be human beings like una dey pay irokotv to watch nollywood movies online.Jobberman I think u should reduce your charges to the range of N500/month and allow users to pay using their mobile phone via gsm service providers (text email et al to 33001) to activate premium hence 500 is deducted from the users credit, because I wouldn't want to go through the stress of using my mastercard,going to the bank or what ever to pay N500.Users should also be allowed to see startup,marketing jobs,sme jobs for free, then government,bigger orgs can be tagged premium jobs(generally preferred jobs) Also implement google adsense even on your ur mobile version, mere google adsense will not drive users away from your site or disrupt our browsing experience.I also have more than 25 other business development advice for jobberman.If the co-founders of jobberman are reading this. Let your people contact my people at scorpsixteen@gmail.com grin

Dude charging job seekers instead of the companies is totally wrong.
The google thing is a brilliant idea.
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by omoode2: 10:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
Pls.jobberman isn't wrong! They are not forcing you to pay for the service that will seperate you from the crowd. My advise, if you the money go ahead..It pays off at the end.
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by jesusboi1: 9:18am On Feb 03, 2013
i joined jobberman for more than 2 yrs, not once have i been called for all the countless job applications. Not even once. Now that they want to be collecting money for job applications that i can view free of charge on , i can freely dash dem my CV.
Re: Jobberman Is So WRONG!!!! by vicade(m): 11:42am On Feb 03, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: I don't get job-seekers .. perhaps the drudgery of trekking to submit your CVs at various offices from Awodi-Ora to Ibafon has set your brains on fire.

You left out funding. I think they got funding from Investors. The amount was up to 100 million naira if not more. I'm not sure though. However, its their business model. Punch newspapers tried charging people for reading online content some years back. However, if people don't want to pay 500 naira per month to apply, they should just apply via other websites that are free-Simple.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware Of This Guy... Kane Ifeanyichukwu Amobi / Fake Employment-help Me! / 10 Sticky Job Interview Situations And How To Handle Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.