Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,432 members, 7,839,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? (17543 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Ganduje, Kwankwaso Reconcile After Intervention Of 6 Governors In Abuja. Photos / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Gwekzy: 11:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
geeez: It disgusts me really. Even some banks do it
all banks
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by omowaleola(f): 11:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
I saw one with a picture of a traditional ruler. Turning a bank into picture galleria.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Sprumbaba: 1:28am On Feb 03, 2013
achi4u: I hate it when each time I work into the bank and my governor keeps staring at me.lol
There's nothing one can do about it,they represent our states and our country aswell.
[size=13pt]It means "HAVE YOU PAID YOUR TAX"[/size]
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Meristem: 7:41am On Feb 03, 2013
Eltonluigi: Pledge allegiance to the king!
Depends. The word king in this context is the desk. The office. The institution. The stool if you like.
Dismally, in Nigeria we take it to mean the person or individual. How sad.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by naptu2: 7:47am On Feb 03, 2013
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by PRINCE1604: 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2013
Whaoooo! See brain. That's an intelligent lawyer 4 you...
naptu2: (Narrated by Femi Falana after Gani's death).

Gani Fawehinmi had been sued by Olusegun Obasanjo for libel. It looked like he would lose the case. In court Femi Falana sat beside Gani and whispered to him that the case looked bad. Gani replied that the case would not be heard.

"But the Judge is ready to sit and the case has been listed", replied Falana.

"Just watch what will happen" said Gani.

When the case was called, Gani told the judge that the case can not be heard. The judge asked for his reasons.

"My lord, the plaintiff in this case is a military man and behind you hangs the picture of the Military Administrator, how can I then accept that this court is impartial?"

The judge then adjourned the case, to be resumed later in the day (according to Mr Falana, the case was not called again that day). Since then, the picture of the head of state/governor has been replaced by a picture of the coat of arms of Nigeria.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
good
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by fr3do(m): 8:30pm On Feb 03, 2013
sarutobie:
And this dumb post got 3 likes..truely teenagers have besieged NL.

what did teenagers do to u,,u sound like if i weren't one,,change ur mindset
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by JuanDeDios: 8:50pm On Feb 03, 2013
J12:

I understand you perfectly, alot of nigerians are like you. People like you let people who hold "offices that represent the nigerian state" abuse their position and privilege. That's why Nigeria is in a sorry state.
No, you don't understand him. Respect for the office is different from letting it's holder abuse his position. The presidency of a SYMBOL of the country. Having the president's and governor's picture on the walls is a mere symbolism and has nothing to do with the men's politics.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by naptu2: 11:28am On May 04, 2013
cecegorz:
Wow! This is quite impressive.
Can any lawyer confirm that we no longer have Presidents/Govs pictures nailed in the walls of our law courts.
I used to think it's constitutional to have those pictures in place.

Here's one example: actress Chika Ike poses in a courtroom before the start of her divorce proceedings. Note that there's a picture of the Coat of Arms above the judge's chair, but there's no picture of the governor or the president in the courtroom.

[img]http://74.91.19.186/attachments/1092069_chika20ike20in20court20for20divorce20lindaikejiblog2_jpg5a747cfd6590aa638e2a933365d09e64[/img]

https://www.nairaland.com/1279106/actress-chika-ike-heads-abuja
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by tpia5: 9:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
J12: Seriously, why do businesses and organisations hang pictures of thieving politicians on their office walls?
You walk into a bank, hospital or office and you see the picture of a certified crook on the wall, smiling happily at you.
When did this stupìd practice start and what prompted it? I find it quite disturbing to see that these kleptocrats are being revered when they're supposed to be scorned and abused.

and who, in your opinion, should be celebrated?

nollywood celebrities?
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by DisGuy: 10:28pm On Jul 14, 2013
an office or business premises is not a place to celebrate anyone -aside the owner

theres the church and private residence for that!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Suspects Dressed Like Women Killed In Maiduguri / The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke / Nigeria'll Not Know Peace Until An Igbo Becomes President - Nwobodo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.