Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training (11592 Views)

West Brom Vs Chelsea (2 - 3) On 23rd August 2015 / West Brom Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 18th May 2015 / Manchester United Vs West Brom (0 - 1) On 2nd May 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by alkadriyar(m): 8:37am On Feb 02, 2013
West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie has been told not to return to training until next week.
The 31-year-old tried to force a move to QPR on transfer deadline day.
Speaking outside the West Brom training ground on Friday, Odemwingie said: “I have been given a few days offand will be back in training next week.”
Odemwingie met with club board members Dan Ashworth and Richard Garlick and head coach Steve Clarke on Friday morning and will miss Sunday’sgame against Tottenham Hotspur.
Afterwards, a statement from the club said: “After the events of the past week, the club decided it is in the best interests of all parties that Peter is not involved in Sunday’s game and he was given permission to return home.”
However, although Odemwingie regrets his actionsin travelling to London, he insists his long-term future remains away from The Hawthorns.
“I am a very emotional person who sometimes doesn’t think,”he told Sky Sports News on Friday.
“I will still leave the club. It is only a matter of time.”
Baggies chairman Jeremy Peace accused Odemwingie of acting unprofessionally over the apparent attempt to open talks without the club’s permission.
But although Odemwingie admitted he was perhaps a “little unprofessional” he defended himself by claiming the circumstances were not so different to when he joined West Brom from Lokomotiv Moscow in 2010 for £2.5m.
He also put Thursday’s actions down to a misunderstanding.
“I came to this club (West Brom) in a wholly unprofessional way. I wasn’t given any written permission by Lokomotiv Moscow but I arrived at this club. I did a medical, I don’t think everything went so professional when I arrived,” he added.
Clarifying his comments, he said: “I’m saying that these things don’t matter so much when adults are dealing with each other.
“I think there was a misunderstanding somewhere because I could have held my goodbyes to the [West Brom] players if I was told it is not going to happen.”
Odemwingie felt he had been given the go-ahead from West Brom to complete his move to QPR, but conceded he did not have written permission.
He had appeared optimistic that a deal could be reached when he was interviewed on his arrival in west London on Thursday.
“I hope they will be happy with what they get and, of course, they want to get in players themselves. I just hope that everything will be sorted out in the next few hours,” he told Sky Sports News at the time.
But Odemwingie said on Friday: “They [West Brom] didn’t give me written permission, but you know we are in England and when you’re gentlemen you understand each other so easily.
“In my opinion, everything wasdone right and at the last moment, I don’t know what really happened, but I think other people can answer this question as well.
“We were almost there, the club were angry that I went there and it was on TV. They weren’t angry that I went there, but when it came up on TV that’s when they said that this deal is off and why did I dothat.
“So I understand the club to be honest, it was a bit unprofessional but we all knowour positions and we were almost there.
“I understand I have to honour any contract but the club knowI have wanted to leave for some time now.
“They feel I can overcome that but they are not the ones who know their own heart. They believe while I am struggling I can keep performing on the pitch.”
QPR manager Harry Redknapp said he felt sorry for Odemwingie and suggested Junior Hoilett’s decision not to go on loan from QPR to West Brom was one reason why any potential move broke down.
“The whole thing was a bit of amess. I felt genuinely sorry for him. I think there was a mistake. He travelled down and I think he thought the dealwas done and that is why he turned up.
“I think he thought ‘I better getdown, have the medical, sign the forms’ – it was just a mistake. It is now difficult as hehas to go back to West Brom and get on with his life.
“It wasn’t easy. He is not a bad lad, he is a nice, nice boy and that is what disturbed me last night, that he got himself into that situation and there was nothing sort of malicious in it.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/02/01/west-brom-bans-odemwingie-from-training/
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Chanchit: 9:25am On Feb 02, 2013
Lol, so Osaze thinks he's an adult..? Then GEJ must be a prophet. But the westbrom guys did it deliberately.
Osaze would author a book very soon called"how to negotiate your contract by ur self"

1 Like

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Nobody: 2:39am On Feb 03, 2013
WHATS THE BEEF WITH OSAZE ? WHY IS EVERYONE ON HIS NIZZUTS ? I AM NOT FOLLOWING THE STORY BUT IS HE A BUTTWIPE OR ARE THE PEOPLE MESSIN WITH HIM THE BUTTWIPES ?

4 Likes

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Xfactoria: 2:49am On Feb 03, 2013
So the dude is used to being unprofessional? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who are those still blaming Keshi?

3 Likes

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by sambos994(m): 2:53am On Feb 03, 2013
Like I said. Odemwingie is a good payer no doubt. But he lacks discipline.

1 Like

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by dangiwa09(m): 3:06am On Feb 03, 2013
He's a typical Nigerian, NO DISCIPLINE! NO HUMILITY! ALWAYS Believing he knows better than anyother person, but in reality he's dumber than everyother person.

1 Like

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by maskid(m): 3:13am On Feb 03, 2013
abeg make una no vex ooi. "UNA NO DEY SLEEP??

1 Like

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Nobody: 3:17am On Feb 03, 2013
maskid: abeg make una no vex ooi. "UNA NO DEY SLEEP??
SLEEP ON SATURDAY NIGHT ? LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO SLEEP AWAY HALF OF YOUR LIFE.

1 Like

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by emijoe(m): 3:29am On Feb 03, 2013
4rm one wahala 2 anoda,osazie u no dey tire.*hugin my pilow n snorin*
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by hollandis(f): 3:38am On Feb 03, 2013
Nigerians and their uselss comments

2 Likes

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Nobody: 3:42am On Feb 03, 2013
Osaze and his troubles yet some dumb arses blame the nigerian coaches. How can one be so dumb as to pull such a stunt. He needs good advisers around him or perhaps he just does not listen to anyone.
alkadriyar: “I am a very emotional person who sometimes doesn’t think,”he told Sky Sports News on Friday.
“I will still leave the club. It is only a matter of time.” ”he told Sky Sports News on Friday.
Atleast he knows he does not use his brains. Emotional indeed, does he see his period? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by ROCKJ1(m): 3:50am On Feb 03, 2013
Osaze just relax and wait for summer transfer in June. You could be luckier with a better club. Just humble yourself and keep playing well. The sky will be your beginning.

4 Likes

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Leadn(m): 3:59am On Feb 03, 2013
obadiah777: SLEEP ON SATURDAY NIGHT ? LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO SLEEP AWAY HALF OF YOUR LIFE.

yu've said it all! cheesy

1 Like

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Leadn(m): 4:00am On Feb 03, 2013
ROCK-J:
Osaze just relax and wait for summer transfer in June. You could be luckier with a better club. Just humble yourself and keep playing well. The sky will be your beginning.

at 37??! Amen sha... for his new business cheesy
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Nobody: 4:16am On Feb 03, 2013
Osaze don dey talk too much.
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Nobody: 4:21am On Feb 03, 2013
Serious mix up somewhere. Osaze has proved himself to WBA they should just free him jor! I feel for him.

2 Likes

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Bishop4bella(m): 4:33am On Feb 03, 2013
I bliv his manager/agent must knw it bt nevertheless he shld have acted maturely. All the same a Nigeria blood will always act d Nigerians ways forget abt d color.
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by linearity: 4:54am On Feb 03, 2013
In retrospect, was not a wise decision for Keshi to have excluded him from the Eagles squad to AFCON '13?

His wife gave birth on 1/20/13.....he was fighting up to the last minute to be transferred to QPR before the transfer closing window of 1/31/13.

All these are enough to cause distraction for him had he been in the Eagle's squad...at the end, it appeared that things worked out well for all parties....He was by his wife's side to welcome his baby boy into the world, was able to pursue his transfer and the Eagle's Coaching crew got what they wanted....

3 Likes

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by chemashie(m): 5:44am On Feb 03, 2013
emijoe: 4rm one wahala 2 anoda,osazie u no dey tire.*hugin my pilow n snorin*

*Whisper*
Buy anti-snoring & stop disturbing your neighbours.
“Naija Market Place“ noni.
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by SamConquer(m): 6:12am On Feb 03, 2013
WHY ALWAYS OSAZE!!!
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Burger01(m): 6:23am On Feb 03, 2013
Ol boy...keep quiet.
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by arimahoseloka(m): 6:47am On Feb 03, 2013
Doesnt he have an agent? They are d ones suppose to be travelling and negotiating.
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by KINGwax(m): 6:55am On Feb 03, 2013
dangiwa09: He's a typical Nigerian, NO DISCIPLINE! NO HUMILITY! ALWAYS Believing he knows better than anyother person, but in reality he's dumber than everyother person.
shitt on ur face for ur stupidd negative sterotyping. So, in reality, u think u knw better: u're dumber than evry other person!

5 Likes

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by OluEmmaAss: 7:11am On Feb 03, 2013
He sure broke protocol. He should know better.
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Tolexander: 7:15am On Feb 03, 2013
And some people here will continue praising Odemwengie, abusing Stephen Keshi for dropping him when himself confessed he has been unprofessional before comming to West Brom, trying to force his unprofessionalism away from West Bromish Albion.
What is the evidence he hasn't been professional with all the nigerian coaches he has been having problem with like samson siasia, stephen keshi and co. Making them to drop him.
We all should undastand nobody is a saint when it comes to misunderstanding between people as all the participants have their own share of the faults.
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by ITbomb(m): 7:16am On Feb 03, 2013
He should learn humility from Messi
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by pboiskinpy(m): 7:17am On Feb 03, 2013
Osaze pray harder...Naija don dump u oo,na only your club be ur last hope oo...anyway u don old shaa#37#

#singing-He is a mighty GOD,the great I AM,Halleluya,Halleluya...and going to church
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Deiok(m): 7:25am On Feb 03, 2013
Oooh what happening to osazee . Everything are turning in out for him now. May the almighty God strenghty him.

2 Likes

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by olaposer(m): 7:39am On Feb 03, 2013
Two wrong will never add up to make a right,OSasze is nigeria Baloteli
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 03, 2013
dangiwa09: He's a typical Nigerian, NO DISCIPLINE! NO HUMILITY! ALWAYS Believing he knows better than anyother person, but in reality he's dumber than everyother person.
what exactly is ur point abt a typical Nigerian? So no white player has been a contract rebel before? (2)are typical Nigerians dumber than you? My man when someone turns in a transfer request to a club, the club in question shd just honour it and move ahead not bewitching the person who has put in 100% for them eachday of his stay with them. Demba Ba handed in a request and his club honoured that,today both parties are happy. Pls be logical changing club got no biZ with Keshi

2 Likes

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by j4jj: 7:52am On Feb 03, 2013
Pls can someone tell me hw old is Osaze?

Even my little boy won't behave this way

What's Osaze turnin into recently...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rafael Benitez To Be Appointed As Chelsea New Boss / Is Obi Mikel Playing His Best Under Roberto Di Matteo At Chelsea? / Tottenham Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 2nd October 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.