Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 (15591 Views)

Victoria Daropale Wins "Fresh Faces Modeling Contest" In Spain / Naija Santa On Beads And Aso Oke Attire (pics) / Chris Olwage Of New-Zealand Is Mr Gay World 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by ngozi1964: 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
She is half Nigerian/half Filipino. Her Dad is from Abeokuta, he studied there. U guys have to be proud of your sister.

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by Dreal1247: 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2013
homesteady: isn't dere any beauty pagent 4 dis my frnd?
U ar already a contestant. Even in d land of blind. 1 eyed man is always d king. Congratulations.
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by Amaechi5(m): 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2013
ngozi1964: She is half Nigerian/half Filipino. Her Dad is from Abeokuta, he studied there. U guys have to be proud of your sister.
Proud of who,dont be suprise the gal doesn't know that Nigeria is in West africa or the village she comes 4rm
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by deandavid(m): 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
Who come tell u say na yoruba girl be that, urhobo people dey bear oke, so na either igbo, yoruba or urhobo. The next tribe add ya own. Delta no dy cari last.
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by sarutobi: 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
i have just canceled all my schedule for today. About to catch the next flight to the philipines. grin

Miss OKE here i CUUUUUUUMMMMMMM grin
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by topmostg: 4:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
aglomar: From Oke; I deduced that she's from Ogun state.
busted. She's an ebira girl.
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by chiboy11(m): 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2013
Am suprise al of u re fighting 4 just d name of one girl somwere dat does nt even care if ure alive, if say d girl na criminal now no body wil fite 2 claim her
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by tpia5: 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
She kind of looks like a typical nigerian, in most of the pix.

Most of these competitions usually go to mixed people if blacks are slated to win, its a showbiz thing.
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by EiE1(f): 4:50pm On Feb 02, 2013
Afam4eva: She looks half Asian though.

The write up already says she is half Philipino/Nigerian. Guess dat xplains the "obvious" Asian look you saw!
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 02, 2013
Who gives a fvck where she's from. kiss
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by onatisi(m): 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2013
homesteady: isn't dere any beauty pagent 4 dis my frnd?
wetting be dis ,ghost or egungun ?
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by Lakayana: 5:12pm On Feb 02, 2013
That her pink pant big sha the thing even resemble oboluku.
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by OkparaIgbo: 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2013
My beautiful Igbo sisters representing.! smiley Ndi-Igbo hails you, Nigeria hails you too.. wink
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by tpia5: 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2013
Yes, she does look somehow igbo in the photos, yet you folks claim you're not mixed.
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by aishatua1: 6:07pm On Feb 02, 2013
OkparaIgbo: My beautiful Igbo sisters representing.! smiley Ndi-Igbo hails you, Nigeria hails you too.. wink

You guys will claim anything. grin

1 Like

Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by aishatua1: 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2013
ngozi1964: She is half Nigerian/half Filipino. Her Dad is from Abeokuta, he studied there. U guys have to be proud of your sister.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by tpia5: 6:11pm On Feb 02, 2013
OkparaIgbo: My beautiful Igbo sisters representing.! smiley Ndi-Igbo hails you, Nigeria hails you too.. wink

Her dad is yoruba so technically, she's of yoruba descent.

However, she does look igbo, so i can see why you thought she was.
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by DisneyAngel(f): 6:14pm On Feb 02, 2013
Savvy ij: Dats d beauty of an igbo girl talking.. na wa, we 2much.. girl carry on
mumu oke is urhobo or yoruba
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by AndroBlaze: 6:51pm On Feb 02, 2013
She's definitely half Nigerian, google says so.

We can be proud of her and not because she won a beauty pageant, but because she's been through a lot of discrimination and inspired people in her land by doing so.

www.theinvisibleandtheunheard..com/2013/01/dare-to-be-different-ft-ms-emily.html?m=1
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by AndroBlaze: 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
Facebook suggests her father's name is Olufunso Oke.... what a beautiful Igbo name.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by logica(m): 7:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
Andro Blaze: Facebook states her father's name is Olufunso Oke.... what a beautiful Igbo name.
LMAO

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by OkparaIgbo: 7:12pm On Feb 02, 2013
I haven't seen any evidence to say she is of Yoruba decent and I will like someone including the person claiming facebook to provide one. However I guess Oke is a universal name and so could easily be claimed by any tribe and also as already said here she looks Igbo, lil wonder I thought she was. cheesy In anycase my Igbo sisters are known all around as beauty peagant winners and should keep repping.! One Igbo son is definitely very proud of you lot. wink If she turns out to be from somewhere else then Kudos to her.. smiley

Reminds me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sozwdHBC8mU
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2013
aishatua1:

u never see anything...

1 Like

Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by Busybody2(f): 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
aishatua1:

saxywale:
u never see anything...

Tsk, tsk, tsk, doubling up and crumbling to the floor in laughter cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by tpia5: 7:32pm On Feb 02, 2013
OkparaIgbo: I haven't seen any evidence to say she is of Yoruba decent and I will like someone including the person claiming facebook to provide one. However I guess Oke is a universal name and so could easily be claimed by any tribe and also as already said here she looks Igbo, lil wonder I thought she was. cheesy In anycase my Igbo sisters are known all around as beauty peagant winners and should keep repping.! One Igbo son is definitely very proud of you lot. wink If she turns out to be from somewhere else then Kudos to her.. smiley

Her dad is yoruba (olufunso oke). Olufunso is a yoruba name.

The mixed look is typically identified with igbos, yet you folks keep insisting you're not mixed.

Usually, i've noticed igbos dont really like to acknowledge foreign input when it comes to appearance, meaning someone who has mixed heritage ( and looks it), will most likely simply have to be identified as igbo only as per facie.

It might be a general thing in nigeria, i guess.
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by tpia5: 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
As per beauty pagaeant winners, he who pays the piper dictates the tune.
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by OkparaIgbo: 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2013
tpia@:

Her dad is yoruba (olufunso oke). Olufunso is a yoruba name.

The mixed look is typically identified with igbos, yet you folks keep insisting you're not mixed.

Usually, i've noticed igbos dont really like to acknowledge foreign input when it comes to appearance, meaning someone who has mixed heritage ( and looks it), will most likely simply have to be identified as igbo only as per facie.

It might be a general thing in nigeria, i guess.

Not to disput your claim but a link with that would have been more concrete.! don't you think As for Igbo looking mixed, I will like to tell you that in Igbo land we have so many skin tones that are equally as beautiful therefore we are not mixed but just plain Black and beautiful/handsome for the guys.. smiley.
With regards to your gibberish of who pays the piper.....what nonsense? So the Igbo's pay more money now abi..? even with Otedola and Dangote who are not Igbo... Mehn stop this comedy and accept the truth that the Igbo's are just beautiful and classy and win these accolades on merit and nothing else.
Have a look at this video too..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp5bloqJURo&NR=1&feature=endscreen
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by AndroBlaze: 7:41pm On Feb 02, 2013
OkparaIgbo: I haven't seen any evidence to say she is of Yoruba decent and I will like someone including the person claiming facebook to provide one. However I guess Oke is a universal name and so could easily be claimed by any tribe and also as already said here she looks Igbo, lil wonder I thought she was. cheesy In anycase my Igbo sisters are known all around as beauty peagant winners and should keep repping.! One Igbo son is definitely very proud of you lot. wink If she turns out to be from somewhere else then Kudos to her.. smiley

Oga what more evidence do you want, is facebook not freely available ? :smh: You want to claim someone but you don't want to work for it shey lol

Anyway if you google her name, her facebook profile comes up, on her wall where people are congratulating her she drops a message in beautiful English thanking everyone for their support. A guy who seems to have a full filipino name comments on it and congratulates her and reminisces about her father Olufunso's student days and the politics they played. Out of the people who liked that particular comment is an Olufunso Oke Jnr (who also happens to be a half Filipino and Half Nigerian). Clicking on his profile a look at his photos shows him visiting Nigeria in 2012 and visiting Oke Snr in his full Igbo attire cheesy

All this, powered by google, using my phone, took a grand total of 5 minutes.

Anyway, like people have pointed out, it's Yorubas who mainly bear Oke as a surname and all the Igbos I've met who bear Oke use it as a first name..... but I'm sure you all knew this already.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by OkparaIgbo: 7:51pm On Feb 02, 2013
Ok I couldn't really bother going through all that however I based my judgement on her looks and her names Emily Victoria seeing that the Igbo's have been always accused in this forum of giving their kids english names..lil did I know that the fingers pointing at someone else has 3 more pointing at him.. cheesy Ok kudos to her and my initial statements on my Igbo sisters still remain. wink
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by AndroBlaze: 7:58pm On Feb 02, 2013
OkparaIgbo: Ok I couldn't really bother going through all that however I based my judgement on her looks and her names Emily Victoria seeing that the Igbo's have been always accused in this forum of giving their kids english names..lil did I know that the fingers pointing at someone else has 3 more pointing at him.. cheesy Ok kudos to her and my initial statements on my Igbo sisters still remain. wink

Fair do. I just wish the people who started this could have first congratulated her as a Nigerian before bringing out the Tribal card. On all the fillipino links I saw, she never seemed to ba ashamed of identifying herself as a Nigerian/African, not some local Yoruba/Igbo/Urohobo girl.
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by OkparaIgbo: 8:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
Andro Blaze:

Fair do. I just wish the people who started this could have first congratulated her as a Nigerian before bringing out the Tribal card. On all the fillipino links I saw, she never seemed to ba ashamed of identifying herself as a Nigerian/African, not some local Yoruba/Igbo/Urohobo girl.

Well the truth is that in Nigeria especially these days, it is clear that everyone should answer his/her fathers name first before considering the entity nigeria and anyone that thinks it's a lie is on a self destructing deceit. So me these days I am Igbo first of all before Nigeria and that is the way I will like to keep it.
Re: Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
Smh.....nigerians need to grow up. Damn!

@op, congrats to her

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yvonne Nelson On The Cover Of Pride Magazine Uk’s New Issue / Ethiopian Liya Kebede: Isn't She Gorgeous? / Pictures: Latest Designer Handbags. Wholesale/retail Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.