Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati (9679 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Photos From Bomb Blast In Baga Fish Market, Borno Scene Of Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by patimore: 10:35am On Feb 03, 2013
njokusboy:
Very foolish quote, let me ask u a question. "Does d perceived or rather exaggerated incompetence of todays men make d hypocrites of yesterday a better alternative?? Tink b4 u use words.
Did my post hit a nerve? If the government was competent, these yesterday's men who enriched themselves would have been brought to book. Isn't it funny that the hypocritical yesterday's men also accuse today's men of glaring corruption or it was the yesterday's men that spent trillions on subsidy?

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by TheViper(m): 10:51am On Feb 03, 2013
So the current administration is solving the mess made by past administrations? I just hope that it's not making the mess worse. The next administration will point fingers to this one too. This country is just messed up!. 

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by Adurangba(f): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2013
patimore: Did my post hit a nerve? If the government was competent, these yesterday's men who enriched themselves would have been brought to book. Isn't it funny that the hypocritical yesterday's men also accuse today's men of glaring corruption or it was the yesterday's men that spent trillions on subsidy?

Why are you contradicting yourself?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by kaeto(m): 10:59am On Feb 03, 2013
seanet01: Abati is CERTIFIED M.O.R.O.N
DAFTY! YOU ARE HERE AGAIN, THOUGHT YOU'D BE IN CHURCH FOR THE SCHEDULED DELIVERANCE BY T.B.JOSHUA. YOU ARE A BLIND BAT LIKE I'VE ALWAYS SAID, 'COS NO MAN WITH A SOUND CONSCIENCE WILL READ THOSE LINES OF ABATI WITHOUT PONDERING SOBERLY ABOUT THE FUTURE OF OUR DEAR COUNTRY NIGERIA. IF THE LIKES OF OBJ,IBB, ELRUFAI,GMB,FASHOLA, TINUBU,FASHAKIN ETC, ARE SO SINCERE ABOUT THE COLLECTIVE DESTINY OF NIGERIANS, WHY HAVE THEY BEEN SO CALM ABOUT, PRECISELY, THE SS/SE OIL WELL ALLOCATIONS OF WHICH ABOUT 85% GOES TO NORTH AND THE OTHER TO THE YORUBERS. THE LICENCING WHICH EXPIRES BY 2017-19, I BELIEVE IS WHY THE NORTH IS SO CLAWY TO CLINCH BACK POWER. THE GAME IS LONG OVER BECAUSE I KNOW THE SAME MESS IS NEVER GOING TO REPLAY. AS FOR ALL WHO READ THE ABATI LINES WITH WISDOM AND JUDGEMENT, PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR INNER BEIGNS, BUT FOR SEANET, EKOILE,GBAWE AND THE LIKES, WE MUST LEAVE THEM AND MOVE FORWARD,THEY ARE MERE ACN/CPC CONCIERGES WHO HAD A LONG TIME NOW, EXCHANGED THEIR SOUL FOR A TUBER OF YAM. WE TALK ABOUT INJUSTICES AGAINST THE SS/SE , YOU PUNKS PAY DEAF EAR, NOW YOU THAT LAID THE VERY FOUNDATION FOR CORRUPTION IS TALKING MODESTY, HYPOCRITES AND MOLES. BIG SHAME TO ALL BASTARDS.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by drnoel: 11:00am On Feb 03, 2013
Sealeddeal: Abati is right on point. The set of satanic people parading themselves,using criticism of good administrator, as good nigerians are mostly those animals who mismanaged nigeria when they had the opportunity to lead and are now apparently hounding the govt thats bent of cleaning their mess.i think alot of yesterday men actually like to see nigeria destroyed.
True but he watched his words by playing safe all true his speech like the snake he is. With these people u attack bluntly and not play safe.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by Jonwesley(m): 11:13am On Feb 03, 2013
Sunny_bobo: That was a ferocious upper cut professionally delivered on El-Rufai et al. Nice one Dr. Abati

And Chief Fanikayode, former media man to OBJ and later a Minsiter under him too.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by Jonwesley(m): 11:26am On Feb 03, 2013
A masterpiece, priceless! Gbam. Dr Reuben Abati killed it. This is the best write up i have ever seen written by a serving govt appointee. Imagine the choice of words.I was blown away. Good job.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by ono(m): 11:32am On Feb 03, 2013
kaeto: DAFTY! YOU ARE HERE AGAIN, THOUGHT YOU'D BE IN CHURCH FOR THE SCHEDULED DELIVERANCE BY T.B.JOSHUA. YOU ARE A BLIND BAT LIKE I'VE ALWAYS SAID, 'COS NO MAN WITH A SOUND CONSCIENCE WILL READ THOSE LINES OF ABATI WITHOUT PONDERING SOBERLY ABOUT THE FUTURE OF OUR DEAR COUNTRY NIGERIA. IF THE LIKES OF OBJ,IBB, ELRUFAI,GMB,FASHOLA, TINUBU,FASHAKIN ETC, ARE SO SINCERE ABOUT THE COLLECTIVE DESTINY OF NIGERIANS, WHY HAVE THEY BEEN SO CALM ABOUT, PRECISELY, THE SS/SE OIL WELL ALLOCATIONS OF WHICH ABOUT 85% GOES TO NORTH AND THE OTHER TO THE YORUBERS. THE LICENCING WHICH EXPIRES BY 2017-19, I BELIEVE IS WHY THE NORTH IS SO CLAWY TO CLINCH BACK POWER. THE GAME IS LONG OVER BECAUSE I KNOW THE SAME MESS IS NEVER GOING TO REPLAY. AS FOR ALL WHO READ THE ABATI LINES WITH WISDOM AND JUDGEMENT, PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR INNER BEIGNS, BUT FOR SEANET, EKOILE,GBAWE AND THE LIKES, WE MUST LEAVE THEM AND MOVE FORWARD,THEY ARE MERE ACN/CPC CONCIERGES WHO HAD A LONG TIME NOW, EXCHANGED THEIR SOUL FOR A TUBER OF YAM. WE TALK ABOUT INJUSTICES AGAINST THE SS/SE , YOU PUNKS PAY DEAF EAR, NOW YOU THAT LAID THE VERY FOUNDATION FOR CORRUPTION IS TALKING MODESTY, HYPOCRITES AND MOLES. BIG SHAME TO ALL BASTARDS.

kaeto,
Are you sure the line in bold is true? Anywhere I can read up on that? If what you've written up there is true, then that's a very very big revelation.

Without doubt, Abati has made my sunday bright and sunny. We forget quickly we Nigerians. It was good we have Dr Abati to remind us of things we quickly forget while chasing our means of livelihood. God bless the man. So many points from his write up I was looking up the ceiling in my room. This is serious.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by kaeto(m): 11:33am On Feb 03, 2013
patimore: The hypocrisy of yesterday's men is as a result of the incompetence of today's men.
HA! NIGERIAN GRADUATES OH, SO TODAY NOW DETERMINES YESTERDAY, I THOUGHT IT'S THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by ono(m): 11:36am On Feb 03, 2013
kaeto: HA! NIGERIAN GRADUATES OH, SO TODAY NOW DETERMINES YESTERDAY, I THOUGHT IT'S THE OTHER WAY ROUND.
What do you expect from the products of a failed education system?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by soulamanne(m): 11:37am On Feb 03, 2013
lacasa: Reuben Abati the slimey Snake. angry
TOUCHE!!!it can't be more apt than this.I hate to admit I admire his ingenuity but then,it doesn't change the fact that he is a two-timing-double-standard-sonofabitch

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by adexway(m): 11:38am On Feb 03, 2013
Good write up from abati. True to his words there are lot and lot of yesterday men and women around who take politics as a life contract for themselves and their generations. Howbeit, one can't shy away from the fact that this GEJ led administration is weak and largely bereft of ideas. We are today people and we see and understand the problems of this administration, which in itself includes the presidency. If an armed robber holds a gun to your face and cant use it, you can teach him. Jonathan has got the power but he's too cowed to use it.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by kaeto(m): 11:49am On Feb 03, 2013
ono:
What do you expect from the products of a failed education system.
MY BROTHER, I DON'T EXPECT MORE O, AND HE COULD EVEN BE A DISTINCTION GRADER. ABOUT THE OIL ALLOCATION IN THE FORMER POST, 100% UNDISTORTED FACT.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by TRUTHTELA: 11:50am On Feb 03, 2013
OAM4J: Hurry Up, Jonathan - Reuben Abati

How would posterity remember Reuben? I guess: A man who voluntarily set fire to everything he ever wrote. Shame! - Dele Momodu

How will posterity remember Fani-Kayode, Obasanjo, Segun Adeniyi? Nigeria is a banana republic, no sense of history. so, forget it.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by jmaine: 11:53am On Feb 03, 2013
blacksta:

So are you saying the previous articles condemning the government by this born again writer did not matter. what has changed.

blacksta:

I dont understand but Abati once claimed that GEJ was part of yersterday's man. What has changed . Nigerians .... very fickle

I see your trying to inform us of Abati previous disposition to the current admin . . .Let's just he sees clearly now grin . .If you doubt go and ask Comrade Adams Oshiomhole how governance is different from radical activism . . . .

The perspectives are quite different . . .

What happened to your " Face the content and ignore the messenger" Mantra whenever Elrufai and Co have something to say (all former stooges of previous admin's equally vilified by Nigerians). . . Isn't that hypocritical on your part here . . . .

Let me replay Reuben Precise eye gouging and lips shattering Puncher

It is dangerous to have such a navel-gazing, narcissistic group inflict themselves with so much ferocity on an otherwise impressionable public. We are in reality dealing with a bunch of hypocrites.

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by coputa(m): 11:58am On Feb 03, 2013
Abati,.u have spilled the beans..yestermen who never see anything good in any project they are not part of,but when they were in charge they messed up the system.. what do we have to say...it clearly shows that our problem is not that of leadership but character..buck passing

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2013
jmaine: Still on Dr Reu baba Abati verbal demolishing of "those Yesterday's Vermin" . . . .

Make we pour libation Joor

[img]http://4.bp..com/-WZwb8JRubC0/UKRNBvYkVGI/AAAAAAAAAF4/cbi9hJTFTAg/s1600/Teju_AWF_Libation_ceremony.jpg[/img]

abeg no vex .. i wan kno weda d last man na u abi na ur papa

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by UnimkeAk(m): 12:08pm On Feb 03, 2013
ono:
What do you expect from the products of a failed education system.

Keep blaming the system sir, as if he's the only one that passed through it and yet others are well off.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by luluosas(m): 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2013
This Abati man is big shit on the Nigerian journalism sector.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by jmaine: 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2013
suniblu:

abeg no vex .. i wan kno weda d last man na my papa

Yes . . . grin . .
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by pappy4real(m): 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
if this present govt isnt as corrupt and retarded as theses yesterdays men, and if they actually know so much about these people, why not name them, confront them, charge them and punish them under the law if found guilty...all are sets of thieving cowards
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by pappy4real(m): 12:18pm On Feb 03, 2013
hey nairaland...i didnt type 'slow' i typed 'RE TA R..DED' Mrchewww
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2013
i sooooo like this man....... yansh all of em
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by Shaftrod(m): 12:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
Abati should take it easy. After all he was also overtly critical of most administrations as a journalist. I'll advise that he takes all this in good faith as the same courtesy is being returned to the administration under which he's serving. A good turn deserves another!
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by OurYansh: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
Irrespective of where you stand, you'll agree with me that Abati is very intelligent. He's an excellent wordsmith!!

Having said that, I think the very last mouth from which one can hear the truth ‎​is Abati's. He lies for a living and shouldn't be taken seriously...
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by BetaThings: 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2013
kaeto: MY BROTHER, I DON'T EXPECT MORE O, AND HE COULD EVEN BE A DISTINCTION GRADER. ABOUT THE OIL ALLOCATION IN THE FORMER POST, 100% UNDISTORTED FACT.
So Etete is from the north
or Abacha's finance minister (Ani) is also from the north
When Obj was President, all oil allocations were given to people from the North even with Daukoru as Energy minister?

It is hard to win arguments when you are dealing with people while lie and lie!
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by truborn9ja: 1:09pm On Feb 03, 2013
njokusboy:
Very foolish quote, let me ask u a question. "Does d perceived or rather exaggerated incompetence of todays men make d hypocrites of yesterday a better alternative?? Tink b4 u use words.
Only the wise ones can understand what patimore said, not people like you.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by BetaThings: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
truborn9ja:
Only the wise ones can understand what patimore said, not people like you.
When I said sumtin about nigerians being short sighted, I was referring to unreasonable nuisances like u, its people lyk you who hit the like button on evry piece that sounds reasonable without objectivity and proper consideration.politicians come with fake charisma and make eloquent speeches promising to build bridges where rivers are non existent and pple like u, probably carried away by the flamboyance of their words and the smoothness of english language, go to the polls and vote for them. Needless to say, pple lyk u re the burden of this country. Let me tell u sumtin boy, u see all dis propaganda flyin around right now, it is sumtin dat happens any tym elections are close and until we start becoming objective and rationalizin by ourselves instead of letting all dis power crazy politicians do it for us, we are heading for a big ditch.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by FindOut(m): 1:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
Many of the laptop crew & those taken in by Abati's delicious prose seem to forget that just recently, the present Government appointed a notoriously corrupt inefficient ''yesterday man'', infact ''last week man'' who should be spending time in prison, into a key government position that should have been filled by a seasoned technocrat.

In this very article, Abati posited that most of the road contracts were awarded under the previous administration (implying that the poosr state of roads today is their fault as those contracts were not executed. Right? Right). Now, the Chief Thief of these road contracts moneys (runnint into billions) is the one and only Chief Anenih who is the NPA board chairman today.
Is that a man expected to ''clean the augean stables'' of the NPA??

Fo.olish government, more fo.o.lish supporters & absolutely unintelligent(deliberately perhaps) spokesmen. Not surprising tho as we can only expect that much from GEJ. You people should go outside the country, see the level of development there, then come back and tell me exactly when Nigeria is going to pick up with the rate this administration is going despite the billions we earn daily and the monies continually being borrowed. Rubb.ish.

Which way Nigeria. The laptop supporters, continue attacking critics who are seeking to keep the government on their toes, in the near future, your own children will face you and ask you why you stupi.dly kept qquiet or even egged this administration on when they busied themselves with running down Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by eggheaders(m): 1:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
Find Out!:
Many of the laptop crew & those taken in by Abati's delicious prose seem to forget that just recently, the present Government appointed a notoriously corrupt inefficient ''yesterday man'', infact ''last week man'' who should be spending time in prison, into a key government position that should have been filled by a seasoned technocrat.

In this very article, Abati posited that most of the road contracts were awarded under the previous administration (implying that the poosr state of roads today is their fault as those contracts were not executed. Right? Right). Now, the Chief Thief of these road contracts moneys (runnint into billions) is the one and only Chief Anenih who is the NPA board chairman today.
Is that a man expected to ''clean the augean stables'' of the NPA??

Fo.olish government, more fo.o.lish supporters & absolutely unintelligent(deliberately perhaps) spokesmen. Not surprising tho as we can only expect that much from GEJ. You people should go outside the country, see the level of development there, then come back and tell me exactly when Nigeria is going to pick up with the rate this administration is going despite the billions we earn daily and the monies continually being borrowed. Rubb.ish.

Which way Nigeria. The laptop supporters, continue attacking critics who are seeking to keep the government on their toes, in the near future, your own children will face you and ask you why you stupi.dly kept qquiet or even egged this administration on when they busied themselves with running down Nigeria.

Oga I duff my hat for u.+1000000000000000000
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday’s Men, By Reuben Abati by greaterlove(m): 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2013
Waoh!Waoh! Waoh! What a slam dunk from Abati! The best respond ever, Abati couldnt have placed it better. Yesterday men? hmmm, there are still nigerians who have not forgotten the acts of the yesterday men. Nice piece Abati

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Live On Channels TV ( Dec, 07, 2014): Video Attached..Your take? / Tinubu Set To Present 2023 Supplementary, 2024 Budgets / How Big Is The Entire South East?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.