Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,196 members, 7,860,290 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:58 AM

First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership (23988 Views)

The First Nairaland Inspired Real Estate Project / Nairaland Property Experts, I Need Your Help. / Nairaland Property User Update: Report 3 Ads Per Day Estate Agent Violators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
Londoncool you made a fantastic suggestio here. spyder880 please give his suggestion a critical look and thought, he is making real sense
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Humanbeans(m): 5:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
i support londoncool on this, let spyder free himself from the burden of difficult investors, it should now be a matter of who believe in spyder to want to invest in his projects. I will still go with him, and let his expertise make me some money
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 6:41pm On Mar 25, 2013
Very nice set of ideas from Londoncool, I am impressed but not surprised having known your background. I am however still, thinking and rethinking all these ideas with a view to refine the whole ideas to form a winning strategy.

What I must state here is that I am getting more and more scared about handling investor's money these days. Managing the expectations of investors is much more difficult than running the actual business itself.

Building a personal project is easier than operating an investment partnership which will involve many investors.

I will however think about your suggestions and see how it will work out. Thank you Sir.

2 Likes

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Junapril(m): 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2013
I have said this earlier but just don't know why people didn't seem to grab or see from my point of view. @spyder conceived this idea and must have had it planned out and all we need to do is to support him according to our level of conviction about the project not to kill the dream in the name of fine-tuning an idea that is not originally ours. I am not saying contributions and suggestions are not good but not to the level of killing the original idea. @spyder:its obvious all investors believe in you and you must be ready to keep making those good decisions that attracted investors to your dream in the first place and not always forgetting to ask for opinions like you have always done.
As for me, i am ready to support and be part of this project to the best of my ability and people's expectations.

igbonla:

I think you just killed your own idea, at least what you set out to sell to would be investors. I understand the cost part but thought you had things figured out when you did the polling? Don't see how you can start next week except if you've gotten investors that have completed their due diligence and are interested only in the Eastern part where you are located.

I was following this thread with great interest, which heightened when I read that you like sticking to plans; Since this idea is still being worked out, I suggest you reduce the number of subscribers (N10M is not such a big amount) to enable easier and faster discussions/agreement so you can birth this idea.
igbonla:

I think you just killed your own idea, at least what you set out to sell to would be investors. I understand the cost part but thought you had things figured out when you did the polling? Don't see how you can start next week except if you've gotten investors that have completed their due diligence and are interested only in the Eastern part where you are located.

I was following this thread with great interest, which heightened when I read that you like sticking to plans; Since this idea is still being worked out, I suggest you reduce the number of subscribers (N10M is not such a big amount) to enable easier and faster discussions/agreement so you can birth this idea.
igbonla:

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by jot01(m): 10:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
Am very interested .

Am a property Consultant in South Africa and will like to be part of this , if still available .

You can call me on +27780744729 ( Oluwaseyi )
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 12:46pm On Mar 26, 2013
Junapril:
I have said this earlier but just don't know why people didn't seem to grab or see from my point of view. @spyder conceived this idea and must have had it planned out and all we need to do is to support him according to our level of conviction about the project not to kill the dream in the name of fine-tuning an idea that is not originally ours. I am not saying contributions and suggestions are not good but not to the level of killing the original idea. @spyder:its obvious all investors believe in you and you must be ready to keep making those good decisions that attracted investors to your dream in the first place and not always forgetting to ask for opinions like you have always done.
As for me, i am ready to support and be part of this project to the best of my ability and people's expectations.

Was starting to wonder where you have been, welcome.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2013
My people, if I say am not humbled by the amount of trust you people has reposed on me, I will be lying. I thank you all for the encourging words which has continued to renew my enthusiasm to reach for higher levels of performance. I pledge to continue on my efforts towards excellence in business delivery. To become more transparent and carry everybody along as much as I can.

"But if I have seen any further, its because I have been sitting on the shoulders of giants"

I must continue to thank God for the wealth of knowledge you people have been pouring into my threads in the form of questions, suggestions and directives from various experts. I am also thankful for those that may not post on this forum, but will spend their time and money to call my personal line, either to give me words of encouragement or to point out directives to me. Those contributions has gone a long way to shape my thinking and I am hoping it benefits the whole nation through the physical manifestations of our various projecs.

I will be counting on your support as we enter the decisive stages of this property investment partnership. I am going to send mails to the committee members so we can choose the ways to communicate. Thereafter we can start our meetings. Let us move forward on this partership, and see the workability of all the ideas raised. I thank you all for your support.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 2:41pm On Mar 26, 2013
fuzzyt: Spyder: Am happy to serve as a committee member; pls let me know what more is required of me?

Sir, did you send a mail to the project thread to register your membership? Please send or resend, thanks.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Fhemmmy: 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
What have i missed?
Chief Spyder, i can see you really no like me at all oh . . . But God dey sha, na him dey chase flies for people like us wey no get power oh
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by LightSon(m): 4:54pm On Mar 26, 2013
Interested. PM me when you are ready to roll.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by fuzzyt(m): 9:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
Spyder 880: Have you seen my mail now? I just resent it!
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2013
fuzzyt: Spyder 880: Have you seen my mail now? I just resent it!

Please send it to the project mail address. Propertypartnership1@gmail.com.

Full name:
Nairaland user name:
Place of residence:

Thanks.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by fuzzyt(m): 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
Sent with the information now, thanks!
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by jot01(m): 8:14am On Mar 27, 2013
I email you.
Waiting for responds .

Thank you
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 9:11am On Mar 27, 2013
jot01: I email you.
Waiting for responds .

Thank you

I got your mail, and have added you, welcome.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by jot01(m): 9:30am On Mar 27, 2013
LondonCool: @Spyder880,

I have silently followed your threads and this one in particular and would like to make a number of suggestions. Ted Iwere ( founding Editor of African Guardian ) when he got sacked used to say that the guys with the brains/ideas are not usually the guys with the money. It takes an Entrepreneur to bring the 2 elements together. Having read the whole thread as a property investor I can safely say that you have a funding( capital) problem that is trying to be addressed through the collaboration of various investment partners on this site. Raising N10m by allocating 20 slots of N500,000 may seem simple for people to understand but what happens when Project A is completed, sold and profits shared/ retained? When you want to proceed to Project B will you be seeking to raise another N10m by allocating 20 slots? If that is the case, having one big consortium of Nairalander shareholders pooling resources may be antithetical to your long term business strategy because the financial returns will end up being diluted by so many shareholders with high expectations who will be pulling you from every direction. You mentioned about the need to travel around, this expenses will be absorbed by the 'Firm' and charged to its Profit and Loss a/c. You will be opening yourself up to financial probity and scrutiny. If I decide to invest N15m seed capital as a Capital Venturist into your building firm will you still need a consortium of Nairalanders to fund your business ideas/plan? This is not Social Entrepreneurship it is Business. You need control over your business, your business idea, your expenses, location of Projects, etc.

My advice to you is to treat each building project as a Project that requires a Joint Venture (JV) partnership. When Project A has been completed, the partnership ends and then you move on to another Joint Venture partnership (i.e Project B), and it doesn't have to be with the same set of people who partnered with you in Project A. I may have a business deal in Calabar, crunch the figures to show you where the money is, and then send out invites for the Joint Venture partnership to raise funds for that particular deal. Once the property is built and sold we exit the JV, share the profit and move on.

I belong to a number of Property Investment Clubs here in London and JV partnerships is the way forward and are commonly done every week through our members. You have the skills, you have the USP, you have the goodwill factor and you need to be in control of your business asset. I'd suggest that you remodel your business plan and invite JV partners from Nairaland on a Project by Project basis. The moment you have achieved the total of number of subscribers required for each Project you can keep the over subscribing investors on your waiting list for your next Project. Hence, it would be a case of Spyder Ltd having JV agreements with other firms owned by Nairalanders buying land, building houses and selling them instead of a Consortium of Nairalanders being stakeholders in one Property Investment Partnership where Spyder is the Project Manager.

Either way, show me the money and count me in!

GREAT IDEA.... i just took my time to read this . God Bless you
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 9:38am On Mar 27, 2013
This goes out to the initial committee members of this partnership. I had sent out mails to your mail address and am still expecting responses from your end. Only Rastaman20 had responded as at this morning. Please forward also your contact phone numbers to the project email address so we can arrange to speak to each other in the event of a conference call. I am awaiting replies from Sagewood and Fuzzyt.

Lets continue to progress. Thanks.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 8:33am On Mar 28, 2013
We now have 19 prospective members who have sent mails to our project email box at propertypartnership1@gmail.com.

We are making moves to have our first committee meeting for this partnership where we attempt to fix the rules of the association, thereafter I will communicate the members of the conditions. We shall start consulting with lawyers for the drafting of an appropriate agreement that will guide the conduct of members and the committee on one hand and the operations of the partnership.

I will be at the Corporate affairs commission today to make initial consultations for the requirements of legally registering this form of business partnership. I will keep you posted on the outcomes of my meeting with them. Thanks.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 8:35am On Mar 28, 2013
@ Rastaman20 and Fuzzyt, I am still awaiting your response on the mail I sent you yesterday. Thanks.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 8:45am On Mar 28, 2013
A critical success factor in partnerships is communication. We in the committee need to communicate as often as possible so we can transfer information to our members who will be waiting for such information to assure them we are doing the right things.

But communication could be downwards or upwards, so we in the committee will expect to get communication from the members in the form of feedbacks on the activities we are carrying out. Members can contribute ideas, suggestions or information to the project mail box or right here on the project thread. Lets continue to hear from you.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Demainman1: 11:19am On Mar 28, 2013
@Prof Spyder, Let me ask a question, This N10M that you guys are talking about, is it for a bungalow or a duplex? Does it include the price of land? Is the N10M to complete the house to painting level? The reason i ask is that on another of your threads for the duplex in Ebonyi you have spent almost N9M just to roofing level and that house will still need at least N5 - N7M to make it habitable.

https://www.nairaland.com/1007753/building-5-bedroom-duplex-ebonyi/39

spyder880: PREVIOUS TOTAL N6,194,600.00

BREAKDOWN OF ALL ROOFING COSTS
1 PARAPET LABOUR (CARPENTRY, WELDERS, CONCRETE WORKS) 180,000.00
2 PARAPET MATERIALS (CEMENT, SAND, STONE, RODS, WOOD) 150,000.00
3 ALL ROOFING WOOD, NAILS ETC 316,800.00
4 SCAFFOLDING WOOD 40,000.00
5 LABOUR FOR ROOFING, SCAFFOLDING, ETC 100,000.00
6 STONE COATED ROOFING TILES, INSTALLATION, TRANSPORT 1,250,000.00
7 TRANSPORT/LOADING 20,000.00
8 SUPERVISION AND MANAGEMENT 130,000.00

ROOFING TOTAL 2,186,800.00

SUPPLEMENTARY FUNDS 500,000.00

NEW TOTAL FOR BUILDING THIS HOUSE N8,881,400.00

Please note that this cost covered everything in this house, materials, labour, logistics and site management.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 12:11pm On Mar 28, 2013
cheesy The main man!

You are mixing it up bros, the whole plans about the N10 million and what its to be used for is right here on the opening pages of this thread. I suggest you read pages 1-3 of this thread again. Thank you.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Demainman1: 6:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
Prof, I knew i was missing something grin
I see it now. I am just so used to you building Duplexes hence that my wrong assumption cheesy
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2013
Demain_man: Prof, I knew i was missing something grin
I see it now. I am just so used to you building Duplexes hence that my wrong assumption cheesy

I know my man, this is the house I built for a nairaland client for N8m+

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 11:25pm On Mar 28, 2013
I was here today.

Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by LondonCool(m): 7:06am On Mar 29, 2013
The CAC banner is looking very tragic and unprofessional
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Satama(m): 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2013
Spyder880, pls check your gmail and send me ur reply. Thanks
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by Humanbeans(m): 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2013
spyder880:

This is good, and cost effective too. One day you will open shop in Lagos.
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by oduz: 10:26am On Mar 31, 2013
spyder880:

Please send it to the project mail address. Propertypartnership1@gmail.com.

Full name:
Nairaland user name:
Place of residence:

Thanks.

I have sent u a mail accordingly awaiting response cool
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by jot01(m): 10:00am On Apr 03, 2013
spyder880:

Oga Spyde, Can you build same property for me in Ibadan at same price? If not, how much are we looking @ ?
Re: First Nairaland Property Investment Partnership by spyder880(m): 11:23am On Apr 03, 2013
jot01:

Oga Spyde, Can you build same property for me in Ibadan at same price? If not, how much are we looking @ ?

I believe I can build same house at same price at Ibadan since the land condition in Ibadan is different from the ones in Lagos. In 2014 I hope to free myself from some commitments in the east so I can do projects in the west. I urge you to speak to some of our people building houses in the west, talk to Junapril and see how his services can benefit you. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Tips To Reduce Building Costs / My Experience With A Fraudulent Property Agent / Lagos State Signs Smart City Deal With Dubai To Be Built In Ibeju Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.