Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Latunde Odeku, Nigeria's First Neurosurgeon - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Latunde Odeku, Nigeria's First Neurosurgeon (23320 Views)

Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby / Head Transplant Surgery Possible By 2017...neurosurgeon Says. / Watch A Neurosurgeon Perform A Subdural Hematoma Operation - VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latunde Odeku, Nigeria's First Neurosurgeon by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
Belated RIP to you!
Re: Latunde Odeku, Nigeria's First Neurosurgeon by vet707(m): 10:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
Brilliant expose!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Latunde Odeku, Nigeria's First Neurosurgeon by okoomoge2(m): 12:12am On Feb 19, 2013
I think the life and time of latunde Odeku should be taught between JSS1-3 through out the federation.

This will go along away to re- orientate Nigerian kids that success is not all about billions of Naira. Prof Latunde was far more successful than Dangote and Adenuga together.

3 Likes

Re: Latunde Odeku, Nigeria's First Neurosurgeon by akigbemaru: 3:25am On Feb 19, 2013
[quote]

Interesting. If only Nigeria could come to better appreciate people like this the country would be a much better place to live in. But unfortunately criminals and thieves are the ones being exalted and honored. This has led to the youths having misplaced priorities making them irrational and delusional. To the extent that they have been misled to think that the only way to success and accomplishment in life is becoming famous like Wizkid, Davido, Timaya e.t.c. or becoming a politician that has access to illegal wealth and a false success. I have nothing against celebrities or politicians or any talented individual that is following his/her calling. My only problem is that the things that Nigerians should concentrate on in order to be successful as a country have been abandoned. The norm is that the average Nigerian would rather take the short cut to pseudo success. Because it is the general thinking that it is a waste of time to dedicate your life to research and academic education that could potentially benefit not just yourself but your country people because you will not become rich that way. Failing to understand that money is not everything and success in life is not only determined by how much money you have/make but also the impact you have on lives around you. And how much money are we looking for really? We all talk about Bill Gates and Warren Buffet when we want to give an example of how people make money. But the irony is that those two men have realised that they, their families and future generations cannot even spend all the money they honestly and genuinely made in their life time and have pledged majority of it to charity. But politicians in Nigeria steal money that does not even belong to them, of which they will never be able to spend all that money throughout their whole life but store in banks while keeping it away from the citizens that really need it for scholarships, health care just to mention a few. My point is we need more of prof Odeku than Davido, Wizkid, IBB, OBJ, GEJ e.t.c. and we need to renew our minds, resensitise ourselves, change our mentality to move foward as a country. The greatest men in the world all came to understand one thing at some point. And that is true success is measured by the amount of lives you have affected positively and the magnitude of the effect you have on those lives. Riches and wealth will always come as a by product and will also pass away with you. But your impact will remain forever just like Prof Odeku. #my opinion. THANK YOU OP FOR THIS BRILLIANT PIECE
[quote/]
Re: Latunde Odeku, Nigeria's First Neurosurgeon by ocelot2006(m): 6:53am On Feb 19, 2013
Very impressive.
Re: Latunde Odeku, Nigeria's First Neurosurgeon by kunyeo(m): 7:15am On Feb 19, 2013
Really mind blowing.A man that came before his time.No wonder he died so young-47.He seemed to be in so much hurry to achieve everything.
Re: Latunde Odeku, Nigeria's First Neurosurgeon by anonimi: 7:55am On Feb 19, 2013
A good example of the saying that It is not how far but how well that matters.
He died at 47 but achieved what many cannot if they live for 100 years even with greater opportunities as with some of our misfit, perpetually recycled leaders.
Martin Luther King, Murtala Muhammend died before they were 40 years old but left indelible marks on this world.
Thank you Prof. Odeku for passing through this geographical entity called Nigeria.
Re: Latunde Odeku, Nigeria's First Neurosurgeon by treasuremi1(m): 9:37am On Feb 19, 2013
i av really admired Ben Carson as a model,and reading about a nigerian who achieved more or less like Carson is a motivation for me....this piece shall be added to what I'm presently working on. Good job ''iyaniwura''
Re: Latunde Odeku, Nigeria's First Neurosurgeon by Sagamite(m): 9:59am On Feb 19, 2013
Hey, Iyaniwura, brilliant stuff with the sectioning.

I love the headline word choices.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Latunde Odeku, Nigeria's First Neurosurgeon by Sagamite(m): 10:56am On Feb 19, 2013
And this is his first daughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DEjsTrD8Rk#!
Re: Latunde Odeku, Nigeria's First Neurosurgeon by Remii(m): 7:49pm On Feb 19, 2013
Shinatu: Died at 47? this is sad. but I know people who are not in the medical field and are living with diabetes with no serious issues, they just take their injections and watch what they eat, well maybe science of how to manage diabetes was not fully known then. 47? haba, just imagining how many more lives he would have imparted with even 10 more years.

1974, medicine still developing then, at that time too, many kids die of common illness and they call them abiku or ogbanje

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Care And Management Of Body Odour / Gunmen Assassinate UBTH Doctor, Otote Osaikhuomwan, Colleagues Protest (Photos) / Three Crowns Milk Launches Program To Keep Nigerians Fit While At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.