Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. (1709 Views)

Do You Want A Blog/Site?I Can Help You Setup One With Mywapblog. / How To Make Money From Membership Site (I Will Set It Up For You) / Comment On This Site I Designed: TheStreetHawker.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2013
I guess you're right @Graphicplus, so who pays the professionalS when bankers, lawyers, doctors e.t.c already have access to these themes?
Re: Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. by bigfat02: 4:08pm On Feb 06, 2013
[size=35pt]i love this website this best i have ever seen....[/size] cool
Re: Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. by GraphicsPlus(m): 4:21pm On Feb 06, 2013
@Brandnew, u mean u who pays the professional web developers? Well those doctors and so on do this for fun and personal site. They just want to hav that fun and ego of having www.myname.com.

But when it comes to real business, my brother, they wil start looking for those that know the codes. I bet u, u cant use free template to design some serious, high profile jobs, it wil just be neck braeking. Instead of going through a hell of markups trying to figure out divs and other tags so that u can modify and add ur contents, it's better to do it urself.

The bane of nigeria is that 95% of schools that claim to teach web design and development end up teaching their students half-baked html/css and finally give them links of websites where they can download free templates. These students end up filling nigerian web space with garbage.

Friend, templates and copy and paste wil never help us. It's better to be a coder. U can even reach a level u can start selling templates, even cheaper than themeforest.net and make some dollars.
Re: Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 06, 2013
bigfat02: [size=35pt]i love this website this best i have ever seen....[/size] cool
lol! grin grin grin grin

@GraphicPlus Those templates and themes are not for fun o!

I've personally had a female businesswoman who is into drop shipping of clothing and apparels and all her business is based on online marketing facebook and BBM. I proposed doing an e_commerce site and she tells me she can do it. She went ahead and showed me the drag and drop website she's done before. Those type of Yola and wix websites and I told her mine is php based. That means people will be able to sign up and register. Shopping cart and all.
I tell you she still insisted she can do it.
I guess I'm not in anyway better than this woman since I've opted for the easy way out.

This thread is not about btagging about who's better than who unlike some webmasters grin Besides, I'm not even into full freelance web development. I also do it for fun and some extra bucks so I don't even need to compete with anyone.
Re: Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. by DualCore1: 5:00pm On Feb 06, 2013
Brand_new:
This thread is not about btagging about who's better than who unlike some webmasters grin Besides, I'm not even into full freelance web development. I also do it for fun and some extra bucks so I don't even need to compete with anyone.
My advice then, stop playing with people's businesses in a bid to catch fun and not do things correctly. Catch safe fun, not at the detriment of a business who innocently won't know what standard of online presence they want and will accept anything thrown at them in the form of www.com and director@www.com and run off to the printing press to mass produce complimentary cards brandishing their www.com and indirectly dropping a stone on their business toes..... all these and you are having fun at the other end of life tinkering .css and .js files with a bottle of beer or a shot of Vodka.

If you don't have the passion for it don't do it. When your passion becomes work, work becomes play and you do it effortlessly and stand out.... this in my opinion is how to have fun with work.

1 Like

Re: Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 06, 2013
Dual Core:
If you don't have the passion for it don't do it. When your passion becomes work, work becomes play and you do it effortlessly and stand out.... this in my opinion is how to have fun with work.

And what makes you think I'm any different.

I really don't want to over flog this issue if all you wrote is about the footer, I already mentioned I was gonna do something else. Gosh!
Re: Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. by GraphicsPlus(m): 5:23pm On Feb 06, 2013
@Dual Core, u ar really funny.

@Brandnew, why ar u adamant.
Re: Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 06, 2013
Brand_new: lol! grin grin grin grin

@GraphicPlus Those templates and themes are not for fun o!

I've personally had a female businesswoman who is into drop shipping of clothing and apparels and all her business is based on online marketing facebook and BBM. I proposed doing an e_commerce site and she tells me she can do it. She went ahead and showed me the drag and drop website she's done before. Those type of Yola and wix websites and I told her mine is php based. That means people will be able to sign up and register. Shopping cart and all.
I tell you she still insisted she can do it.
I guess I'm not in anyway better than this woman since I've opted for the easy way out.

guy stop arguing...if you are doing it for just some bucks.. why were you advertising it so hard some few months back

Just work better..everyone here wants to see a better you and yes it's not a competition.
Re: Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 06, 2013
GraphicsPlus:
@Brandnew, why ar u adamant.
In what way? I think I already posted twice that I will redo it.

mdsocks:

guy stop arguing...if you are doing it for just some bucks.. why were you advertising it so hard some few months back

Just work better..everyone here wants to see a better you and yes it's not a competition.
Here we go again.
Re: Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:07pm On Feb 06, 2013
I think it's ok.
Let's keep learning.
Let's keep improving.
Let's keep working.
Let's keep earning.

1 Like

Re: Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. by DualCore1: 6:09pm On Feb 06, 2013
mdsocks: Just work better..everyone here wants to see a better you and yes it's not a competition.
This is the conclusion of the matter for everyone. Myself, brandnew and all of us should work hard to be better.
I don't talk much about greenmouse' matters cuz as the case with many others they met me here and I have seen their worst works. Greenmouse' jobs were extremely poor at the start and to add a 5th goal Mali's woes he started up a web design training institute and we can't forget that paid newspaper stunt that just made some of us regret wasting some seconds of our short lives scanning through the paid writeup.

Well, I don't know from where or with what but he has turned his game around and has taken his hustles to the streets. He still has some polishing to do especially with PR and creativity but if anyone comes to me for a 5-paged conventional online company brochure he's one of those I will refer them to.

Na here him dey grow, na here all of us dey dey grow so this isn't about competition. Growth is continuous. There can't even be competition in this field, there are many solutions to a given problem.

As the OP has said he will rework the site, I think it is a fine decision and he should be supported.

1 Like

Re: Real Estate Developers Site I Recently Did. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 06, 2013
Thanks everyone. Work will soon commence and i will surely post it here when it's done. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Review This Website If You Can! A Possible Nairaland Competitor? / Evans Makes U-turn, Changes Plea To Not Guilty / Get Professional With Any Free Blogger Template Of Your Choice 'for A Token'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.