Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,808 members, 7,831,638 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast (10535 Views)

Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles / Super Eagles Match Statistics For 2013 / Suicide bombers Die In Failed Plot At Super Eagles Match In Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by salaudol(m): 12:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
phreakabit: Lessons? For inside football game? shocked sad angry grin cheesy wink smiley cry undecided lipsrsealed embarassed tongue I confuse.

Watch life closely and u will see that there are many avenues to learn. Ranging from stories, wars and even learninig from your baby--if u have one. Always emrace learning in whatever form it diguises.

Anyway, I saw people like being identified wt success and when u are failling, O Y O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by salaudol(m): 12:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
phreakabit: Lessons? For inside football game? shocked sad angry grin cheesy wink smiley cry undecided lipsrsealed embarassed tongue I confuse.

Watch life closely and u will see that there are many avenues to learn. Ranging from stories, wars and even learninig from your baby--if u have one. Always embrace learning in whatever form it disguises.

Anyway, I saw people like being identified wt success and when u are failling, O Y O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by bobolekepee(m): 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
Never say never... wink
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by onatisi(m): 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
dridowu: I dnt take Super eagles serious at all but Eboue tweet make me to shed tears 4 my 9ja. I openly support NIGERIA no matter the situation.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
you are absolutely correct,it was the insult in eboue tweet that brought out the determination and fighting spirit in nigerians ,even after the tweet kanu and okocha went to tak to the boys and lift their spirit up.at times in life when ppl insult ,abuse or look down on you it can be a blessing in disguise to bring out the best in you.this has happened to me ,ppls insults can spurn u to spring surprises
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
1. Football is unpredictable.
2.The whole world loves it when a David beats a Goliath.
3. Success has many fathers and Failure is an orphan.
4. We should always support the lads,once they are wearing our colours and representing us.
5. Never go into any contest between two teams with over confidence-Pride comes before a fall.
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by ValNweze(m): 12:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
kristonium:
really?
how?

COS EAGLES FLY WHILE ELEPHANTS DON'T...period!
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by oloriooko(m): 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
@ holyvirgin
Starters always look like failures, they keep failing and making mistakes, but ignore the stages and determine to get there.
People who laugh at your mistakes will praise you when you finally get there.
How true!

@phreakabit
Lessons? For inside football game? I confuse.
how sad cry cry cry
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by Ayo79(m): 1:05pm On Feb 04, 2013
I think the best legacy that can come out and be learnt from the victory of the super eagles yesterday and the whole Nigerian coaching staff and players at this tournament is that we do not need a foreign or western, white coach to help us lift a trophy or win games.
In this tournament, I have been watching Stephen Keshi closely and I have to say that I am impressed with the way he has conducted himself, he never points fingers, takes everything in his stride, never play the blame game and most important of all, he seems to command the respect of his players. He looks to me as someone who is technically astute, as shown in his tactics in the game yesterday.

I think al lot of other African countries will now look at Nigeria as a leading example of using home grown talents rather than importing foreign goods to do what we can do ourselves. it made me feel proud yesterday that we won, but even prouder I was that it was one of our own who was at the helm when it happened. I think it's time we start realising in Africa that only we can resolve our problems and not foreign powers. Well done to keshi and the boys.

2 Likes

Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
fodiyo: God resists the proud, but He gives more grace to the humble
this sums it up. That's why pride goes b4 a fall. The ivorians fell because of pride
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by Sicozone(m): 1:19pm On Feb 04, 2013
LESSON LEARNT IS THAT WHATEVER SITUATION ONE MAY BE PASSING THROUGH THERE ARE BETTER DAYS AHEAD ESPECIALLY FOR THIS COUNTRY NIGERIA.......ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST......THANX

1 Like

Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by onatisi(m): 1:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
Ada Nri1: this sums it up. That's why pride goes b4 a fall. The ivorians fell because of pride
na eboue spoil dem life with his big nouth
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by opeoluwa2(f): 1:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
The most important lesson for me was the selection process of keshi.
Keshi threw caution to the wind and refused favouritism.
He picked his team without adding MUsa,
Musa's inclusion in this team was as a result of the usual wazobia arrangement that happens in everything we do.
I'm not against the northerners.
I wouldn't care if the whole team were northerns as long as they are the best.
Let's learn to put the progress of Nigeria first against tribal differnce.
I listened to Aljazeera and they showed mba and emenike's goal, they didn't reffer to them by their tribe but by their Nationality.
Let the best man take the lead enough of WA ZO BIA arrangement.

3 Likes

Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by pelezico: 1:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
Nigerians are bad supporters - see how we are hyping these guys and are not even concentrating on the next match -

See how we fill our heads with glowing praise for the SE. Where are all those people that dissed there team? Now they all love SE.

Gosh !!
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by waaliano: 1:38pm On Feb 04, 2013
to GOD be the glory,eni ti arope kole pago oti kole alarinrin...at last we get it right
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by ypzilanti: 1:40pm On Feb 04, 2013
Keshi is a lesson in leadership:

1. Properly analyse what is needed to succeed.

2. Make tough choices. Change under performing people.

3. Stick to your guns when people complain.

4. Be prepared to resign if your master plan does not work.

5. Guide your master plan to it's conclusion.

6. Be prepared to succeed or lose. If you have done your homework well, you will likely succeed.
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by tyson55(m): 1:47pm On Feb 04, 2013
Lessons to learn from Super Eagles victory over Cote D`Ivoire

1.Football pundits globally wrote the “Super Chickens” off
Morals: When the whole world have written you off remember your destiny lies in your hand

2.The Ivorian’s were more talented
Morals: Talent alone cannot give you result but passion for what you are doing and your determination to succeed.

3.The Ivorian’s have been together as a team for over five years
Morals: It is not how long that matters but how well

4.Seventeen players in the Nigeria team where making their first appearance in a major competition
Morals: To make a head way in any endeavour must not take decades the major determinants are your vision, set goals, pursuit of your ambition, determination and discipline.

5.Two home based players were included in the team, one of them was able to stop the number one rated team in Africa from doing damage in the defense, and the other scored arguably the best goal of the tournament so far.
Morals: No matter where you are domiciled your star can shine above others if only you have self-confidence, self-discipline and the belief that “I can make it”

No matter the negative happenings and developments in Nigeria, we can still make it with God on our side.

9 Likes

Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by paul234(m): 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
last to comment
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by Kabikala(m): 1:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
Many home-based players are as good as the foreign-based players and deserve to be given an opportunity to prove their mettle.
No one knew Sunday Mba until Stephen Keshi gave him an opportunity!
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
Never to Underrate the Home based Products Yeah -- Mba smiley
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
[size=48pt] The dead tree [/size] [size=48pt]which everyone was expecting to fall. Stood still, [/size] [size=48pt] but the Living One Fell. [/size] [size=48pt] Never Underestimate anybody or anything can happen. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by born2boink(m): 2:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
kristonium: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast

1.Even when people have given up on you so far u haven't given up on urself,there is hope
2.Determination and resilience makes an underdog steal d show:Dats d blessedness of perseverance!
3.There is enormous power in unity:after d Ebou's tweet,the boys came together to form an alliance to prove him wrong
And they did!
4. Ur opponent mission is to stop u, not to help u, so u have to devise every available means to silence him!
5.The biggest room in the world is called continuous improvement. where improvement reigns d best remains an adventure!
So let's have yours..the floor is open
Cheers!
ok, you try
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by SpaceWorld2013(m): 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
My comments;
1. Nigeria as a country will rise again, even far above South Africa. Believe me now.
2. Pride goes before a fall. CIV Despite all, you failed.

1 Like

Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by Chiadikaobi(m): 3:19pm On Feb 04, 2013
kiss
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by bankoleben(m): 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
Super Eagles are a bunch of disappointments. Everyone expected them to lose against the Elephants yet they still disappointed us!

2 Likes

Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by bankoleben(m): 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by Kx: 3:40pm On Feb 04, 2013
bankoleben: Super Eagles are a bunch of disappointments. Everyone expected them to lose against the Elephants yet they still disappointed us! :-D

You are absolutely correct imo.

If only GEJ can disappoint us like Eagles did against Ivory Coast!

1 Like

Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by Kingskid06(m): 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
Do not feel pity or symphaty for your opponet's goal keeper just do what you have to do for your country
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by holyvirgin: 4:12pm On Feb 04, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@@@@@@@

thats a lie and yall know it!!

if the truth has to be said a lot of Nigerians arent happy with the selection of players in the team only that they sees the team as an Igbo team

so u could clearly see the reason the country is in a mess in all corners

the only lesson right here is never underestimate the great igbo spirit

and that is that! period

no more no less; kiss it or leave it

let them keep the talking while we walk the talking
The last time I checked they were called Super eagles representing Nigeria not just the southeast.
.... Fyi am from the north and I support the eagles full time

3 Likes

Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by adconline(m): 4:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
Kx:
If we follow up prayers with a little effort even in managing Nigeria affairs, d nation will bounce again.
Actually, reverse is the case, put more efforts in our actions with a little prayer and hope, then we can do wonderful things!
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by PrinceHermed: 5:04pm On Feb 04, 2013
Nice 1[b][/b][color=#770077][/color]
Re: Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast by deb(m): 6:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
The lesson I learnt is that we have not won the cup yet and we should jubilate less and learn to refocuse our attention on the ultimate goal.

Mali did not come to count bridge at the Nation's cup.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chris Smalling completes permanent move to Roma From Manchester United / Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West / David De Gea Wins Manchester United 'player Of The Year Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.