Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

The Run Dialog Box - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Run Dialog Box (837 Views)

What The Hell Is Dialog Box! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Run Dialog Box by mmonwuba(m): 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2008
i installed kaspersky on my computer and it detected a series of viruses but the problem now is that the damage caused by the virus is now permanent. For example, the run menu has disapeared and i cant call it back. Pls does any one have an idea of how to remove it?
Re: The Run Dialog Box by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 09, 2008
I don't know if Kaspersky has the Boot-time scan equivalent of avast!, but if it does, do it. It'll take some time, but hopefully your computer'll come out clean.
Re: The Run Dialog Box by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 10, 2008
the disappearance of the run menu has nothing to do with kaspersky. a lot of malware out there are designed to prevent you from removing them manually, which is why they usually disable any or all of the following (via the registry): run , taskmanager, regedit, folder options.

what you need is to enter your registry and restore run via there. if u ain't comfortable going into the registry, down load this app - regtoy. its a tool for turning on and off all sorts of registry settings.

it requires. net framework 2.0 to run.
Re: The Run Dialog Box by mmonwuba(m): 9:28pm On Mar 11, 2008
thanks it worked

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Paste My Adsense Code Easily / Swift Networks Hotspots-how To Hook Into It / Download Free E-book On Paid Survey And Lists Of Geniue Website To Join

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.