|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,968,431 members, 7,205,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 December 2022 at 01:45 AM
|How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by IleIfe2(m): 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2013|
Anybody with information?
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by chucky234(m): 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2013|
Who you dey plan to kill abi your landlord dey kolombi your girlfriend
Guy take am easy,you need wealth no be gun oooo.
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by mymadam(m): 7:45am On Apr 15, 2013|
Ask Google, or better still ask the Nigeria Police PRO in your area. God bless Nigeria.
Okay, here's a lead...
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING GUN LICENSE IN NIGERIA
The primary objective of gun control is to reduce the criminal use of guns as much as possible without interfering with legal gun use. This is the intendment of the Firearms Act, Cap F28, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.
In Nigeria, private gun licenses are issued primarily for sporting.
Shooting as a sport has two distinct forms: target-shooting on a range, and shooting to kill a game, sometimes called gaming. Other purposes could include the use of firearms for traditional festivities and celebrations, and in such instances, blank cartridges are used. Self- defense is never a reason for applying for a private gun license.
Gun control laws prohibit perennial alcoholics, drug addicts, mentally unbalanced persons or persons with criminal records from owning guns or obtaining a gun license.
Private gun license is also limited to shotguns, as revolvers and pistols are only issued to the police and armed forces personnel.
Common gaming guns are:
(i) The double barrel gun: these are shotguns with two barrels capable of being fired in quick succession.
(ii) The single barrel gun: It sometimes has double rounds.
Do you want to obtain a gun license?
(1) Make an application to the Commissioner of Police in your State of residence.
(2) The police will issue you with an application form that will require your bio-data.
Some of the pertinent information required are:
(i) Your full names
(iii) Reasons for applying for the license
(iv) Date of Birth. Note here that guns are not issued to persons below thirty-five (35) years of age.
(3) Further required to accompany the application form is a medical report that confirms that the applicant’s sanity is normal.
(4) Another medical report is also required on the applicant’s chest. This is to protect the applicant from the sharp retraction that occurs when a gun is fired.
(5) Four (4) clear passport photograph of the applicant is also required.
(6) On obtaining your gun from the nearest gun dealer, prices vary depending on area of purchase; the police should normally register the serial number of the weapon.
(7) Upon a satisfactory appraisal of the application the license is issued in a booklet form, bearing one of the passport photographs of the applicant and carrying the stamp of the state police headquarters.
N.B. Gun licenses are subject to renewal every year for a token fee of five hundred naira (N500.00) only.
19 Likes 5 Shares
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by IleIfe2(m): 6:14pm On Apr 27, 2013|
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by LieDetector(m): 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2015|
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by Pebcak: 2:47am On Nov 08, 2015|
thanks for d info
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by ccollins(m): 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2016|
what about a small pistol
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by neweve: 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2016|
I have a friend that has a friend that can help in acquisition of legal firearms , contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by oludareojemeh: 12:56pm On Aug 26, 2016|
PROCESS OF OBTAINING A FIREARMS LICENSE
1. Log on to www.npf.gov.ng
2. Click firearms license link on the quick-link menu.
3. Click on the link: New User? Click Here To Register to obtain an application ID which will be electronically generated and automatically displayed on your biodata form.
4. You will be redirected to the biodata form after you have successfully signed up.
5. Fill the Bio-Data form when logged-in, then enter your details with the instructions outlined on the page.
6. Upload a certified medical report obtained from any government hospital and attestation of good character from two referees which should be level 14 and above.
7. Print out the information submitted then take the Print-out to officer in charge of firearms in any Police Commands SCIID or FCIID for further directives.
8. Upon completion of this procedure, your application shall be processed through the criminal data base of the force and decisions including issuance of the certificate if application is successful shall be conveyed within five working days.
Your application will be fully processed after these steps. Applicants with challenges of processing their application online can go to the State Intelligence Bureau (SIB) within their State Police Command or the FHQ Abuja for support.
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by laivwire(m): 4:07pm On Jun 15, 2017|
Rubbish. I need an M4 carbine and I doubt the amount stated up there
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2017|
It is only rich men that have a traceable/honest source of income that can get a shotgun legally in Nigeria.
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by ehissi(m): 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2019|
The question for your answer is how to obtain license for a gun. The question was how to legally buy a gun in Nigeria?
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by boyisfine: 9:14pm On May 22, 2019|
What is the situation today?
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by Badb0y4lyf(m): 12:40pm On Jan 06, 2020|
This procedure is too tidious you can get a gun in less than a day in South Africa why is Nigerian own this hard this process needs to be looked into.
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by ehissi(m): 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2020|
Nothing here points to how to buy a gun. Just licensing or process of acquiring a license.
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by eddybells: 10:32am On Aug 24, 2020|
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by papalsayer(m): 1:00am On Sep 16, 2020|
I don't know about now but I was able to acquire a licence and also purchase a firearm two years ago through the Nigerian police
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by unadeymadkwa: 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2020|
You will get what you want https:///message/YCKZCCHVI5R6J1
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by Cutezt(m): 4:56am On Oct 04, 2020|
How much was the whole process and how can we go about it?
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by papalsayer(m): 9:54am On Nov 07, 2020|
Cutezt:Two different processes. Getting the license and Buying the gun. Licence didn't cost much mostly tips around 25 to 30k can't remember. Riffle plus tips again was 220k. My email is in my signature
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by kayija: 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2021|
Can you please share the details or a way to contact you.
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by mosblis(m): 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2021|
but is airsoft guns legal in Nigeria?
I just wanna use em in my films
|Re: How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. by vegangains: 12:42am On Nov 09|
I can help email@example.com
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 216