Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! (1674 Views)

Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 / Hands On Full Review On Innjoo Max 2 / Infinix Zero 2 X509 – Full Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by vowiski(m): 9:12am On Mar 09, 2008
Globacom has announced that its 3G Plus services launched last December is now available to subscribers in the Lagos area. This follows the approval of the tariffs for the service by the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC).

prepaid and postpaid subscribers with 3G phones on the network can now access the 3G Plus services by sending 'Activate' to 444 via SMS, while others without 3G phones can procure 3G compatible devices and 3G HSDPA data cards by visiting the Gloworld outlets in Lagos.

The company said however that video calling is being offered at a promotional offer of N30 per minute or 60 kobo per second during the first 30 days of launch. Thereafter, the N50 a minute or N1 per second charge takes effect.

The company said the service offering is aimed at upwardly mobile individuals who have a requirement to stay in the know and 'always connected' to the internet 24/7 with the latest 3G handsets or laptops. These users are thus able to surf the internet at phenomenally fast speeds. This, Globacom explained, is charged with a monthly rental of N15,000,or with a browsing rate of 35kobo per kilobyte at peak times and 20kobo per kilobyte at off- peak times, depending on the subscribers desired package. The company also stated that a promotional 3G data card package is also available for the first 30 days of launch.

With Glo 3G Plus Mobile's High Speed Internet Access, subscribers are able to browse the full World Wide Web directly on their handsets' browser or laptops/ home computers at speeds of up to 3.6Mbps within the Glo 3G coverage area.

The third service, Mobile TV, otherwise known as Video Streaming, allows users to watch premium TV channels anywhere within the Glo 3G coverage areas on your 3G phones. CNN and Silverbird are immediately available on the service while Fashion TV and other channels will be added to the bouquet shortly, Globacom said. The service can be accessed at 7 kobo per kilo byte
Re: Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 09, 2008
@ vowiski

Mr copy and paste you try
vowiski:
Wide Web directly on their handsets' browser or laptops/ home computers at speeds of up to 3.6Mbps within the Glo 3G coverage area.[/color]

Note: 3.6MBPS is hardware dependant . Your phone must support HSDPA (3.5G Network bands) before your download speed can get this high. So i will advice you go for phones like: Nokia N95, E90, 6120, N82, 6110, E51, N96, N78, Sony Ericsson K850, W910, W890, Z750, K660, K630, W760, W980, motorola, RAZR maxx V6, RIZR Z8, RAZR2 V9, RIZR Z10. Or any other HSDPA phone
Re: Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by vowiski(m): 11:17am On Mar 09, 2008
@IN'FOOL'BABA
you bloodsucking motherfucker, i knew you would surely come and show your youthfull exorbitant.
shame on you info and you alone.
do i look like some one that cares about your DUMD ASS BRAINS?.
you have alwayz shown yourself as a FOOL, that deserves PITY.
info you can go to BLAZES for all i care.
RETARTED IMBLOGO WITH A 100% BRAIN MALFUNCTIONING, that what you are.

100mbps,12mbps, 3.6mbps. I CARE COS , ,, ,, ,
i need just a LITTLE above 2mbps for my online gamming. so na u know u fit still go use ur BIG DUMB HEAD knack globacom MAST. IDIOT
Re: Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 09, 2008
I was just advising the intelligent people that if they really wish to get that high to the peck of 3.6MBPS they should go for a phone that supports 3.5G Network bands. And If all what you care about is your online gaming, who’s business is that? THE DECISION IS UP TO YOU. Play your 2MBPS games before you kick the bucket

And one more thing, no matter how hard u try 2 advertise yourself, people would still sense d jerk in u. PHEW!! Retard!
Re: Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by vowiski(m): 2:30pm On Mar 09, 2008
info
when did you become NAIRALANDS'S ADVICER?
shame on you again.
Re: Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2008
Collaborative Networked Learning. (forum)
Re: Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by vowiski(m): 7:37pm On Mar 09, 2008
dumb ass dude!
Re: Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2008
Pet peeve, don't talk your dirty trash to me
Re: Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by empexy(m): 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2008
Hmmm, Na wa o!
Re: Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by DualCore1: 10:55pm On Mar 09, 2008
lol, i'mma save this page,
i'm still laffing.

just wondering, when is the next show coming up?
Re: Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by ajayi1(m): 4:39am On Mar 10, 2008
i also wait,
Re: Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by Nobody: 5:39am On Mar 10, 2008
Hmm undecided I know this thread may not make sense to anyone right now

@ vowiski

You’re just a dream
Re: Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by vowiski(m): 6:04am On Mar 10, 2008
þœßγδθÿλλÿψφσπξξπσφψÿθδγßœþœøúñòõçæåäíìëáâãäåçæåäîíìîäå
Re: Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by Maverik: 6:57am On Mar 10, 2008
@Info
cheesy Viwoski just dissed u in his native dialect. Na wa oh!

@Viwoski
Translatn pls! Abi na virus u post? undecided
Re: Glo Begins Commercial 3g Plus Services. Full Review! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:10pm On May 05, 2008
@ vowiski

307 posts, how did u ever get that far, must check, em out.

(1) (Reply)

Unlock N70 / How To Jailbreak Iphone Without Using Pc / Etisalat Data Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.