Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

How Annoying Is Queue-jumping To You? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Annoying Is Queue-jumping To You? (1533 Views)

14 Photos You Can Relate To If You’ve Ever Had To Queue For Anything In Nigeria / New Way To Stand In Queue, Do You Agree? / Woman Commits Suicide By Jumping Into A Pond With 1000 Crocodiles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Annoying Is Queue-jumping To You? by Dandy1(m): 11:59am On Feb 05, 2013
Okay! Call me a holy monk or whatever,but something I can't remember ever doing in my life is jumping a queue. Whenever I reach anywhere I'm required to wait in line for my turn,I do just that.That's how patient I am,''no worry/hurry for my life''.Even if at the end of d day I still can't get the thing done and would have to come back the next day,it doesn't matter.
At times I used to wish people can just do things rightly maybe the world would be a better place,but it seems many people haven't gotten patience like me.
Now to the main issue.Yes! I could wait in line forever till it's my turn,but one thing I can never tolerate is for a yam-head from nowhere trying to manouvre,squeeze,or plead his way into my front.I CAN'T ever take that.NEVER!.For all I care,you can go meet the guy or people in front of me,if they let you in-your luck.Stupid huhnn? I don't care,but as for staying right in my front? It can never happen. I've experienced this a lot of times in the past.Though I could say of myself I'm a simple fairly nice guy,but I could be so not nice in this particular situation.I see it as blatant cheating,and I hate cheating.I'd rather you kill me than cheat me and get away with it.
The question now is: have you ever found yourself in such situation before? How angry did it get you? Share your experience.Cheers!
Re: How Annoying Is Queue-jumping To You? by greedie1(f): 12:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
its annoying..... very!
i wish ple will learn to do the ryt thing but im not holding my breath....

so wat i do is this-wen dey jump, i jump!!. im patient, yes, but not wen it makes me look lyk a fool. des days, the patient dog doesn't get the fattest bone, it gets nada!

i don't believe in joining the crowd wen u can't beat them except wen it comes to jumping the queue...

op, does it make sense? u prevent a yam-head from pleading his way into ur front and d yam head maneuvers his way to d front of ple in front of u. na backward
movement be dat o grin

abegi dey jump dey go jor grin grin grin
Re: How Annoying Is Queue-jumping To You? by greatgod2012(f): 12:32am On Feb 06, 2013
Very annoying, but that doesnt mean i will also do it, why?.....two wrongs can never make a right.
Re: How Annoying Is Queue-jumping To You? by slimyem: 6:34am On Feb 06, 2013
Queue-jumping...veeery common amongst my fellow Nigerians.
Due-process is alien to them. No form of decorum at all.Everything na gragra and first to finish..undecided
I hate short-cuts and i don't take them.I wait my turn mostly but sometimes people go wan turn you to mumu and all you got to do is speak out against there and then or scatter the whole thing..grin
I make exceptions for pregnant women or old people when necessary.smileycool
Patience is truly a virtue almost never found in man.
The world will be a better place if people could just do things the right way..undecided
Re: How Annoying Is Queue-jumping To You? by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 06, 2013
Could be fun when you are the one jumping the queue. cheesy

Depending on the length of queue, I decide whether to beg to jump or leave for another day.

Though this could only work in Naija!

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Left Handed People............. / The Nairaland Deactivation Button. Issues. / Seun, This Does Not Make Sense Contd.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.