Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

What's Your Most Preferred Bible Version? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Most Preferred Bible Version? (519 Views)

Crisis Hits CAN Over Oritsejafor's Plan To Rig Election For Preferred Candidate / The Jehovah's Witness Bible Version Of John 1:1 / The Gay Bible Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Most Preferred Bible Version? by eyenCalabar(m): 12:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
I have noticed that some people prefers to use a [particular] type of Bible version/translation against the other. For example, most people prefers the King James Version (KJV) while few go for New International Version (NIV). Some even believe some demonic spirits led men into translating the Bible to some versions which they can never read them. For instance, I know of a church that uses only the King James Version (KJV). They see other translations as not capturing the truth or trying to inject a different meaning from what it should be. And now, am asking, which Bible translation do you read and may like to recommend it? How many Bible translation have you read? Personally, I love the King James Version and the Amplified Bible Version for clarity. I don't know if there has being this similar thread in the past. If yes, am sorry for duplication. But please let's help throw some lights on this for those that may have doubts about Bible translations.

[Only Christians should comment please]
Re: What's Your Most Preferred Bible Version? by Goshen360(m): 1:24pm On Feb 05, 2013
The best version is still KJV but sometimes confusing with its English. I love KJV and is still my first and best priority for use. However, the translation I've come to love recently is The Expanded Bible - The same translators and publishers of KJV are the same for the Expanded Bible. Expanded Bible retains the original truth of KJV while it expanded with modern English for clarity purpose. It defines meanings of word like the Amplified Version within the text. However, I like to use 5-10 different translations online for more clarity purpose. Kindly find the Expanded Bible here: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Corinthians%2011:17-18&version=EXB

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Preferred Bible Version? by eyenCalabar(m): 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2013
I like that link. Thank you. But then, hearing of such version the first time.
Re: What's Your Most Preferred Bible Version? by Goshen360(m): 5:27pm On Feb 05, 2013
^
Yeah, I think it's a new translation though. I advice you always use it along side KJV. That's what I do also and it has become one of my favourites translations.
Re: What's Your Most Preferred Bible Version? by okeyxyz(m): 10:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
The version i trust most is the New American Standard Bible(NASB). It is the most literal and word-for-word translation of all modern bibles, far more accurate than the KJV but also easy to read. Do a research on it, you might just abandon other versions.
Re: What's Your Most Preferred Bible Version? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
NIV , KJV, RSV and NLT.

(1) (Reply)

The Christian Call / Purpose: Sent To Declare God / Please Stop Putting Religious Topics On The Front Page.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.