Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC (5002 Views)

How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake / Checkout The Number Plate Of This Car Found In Lagos (photo) / Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC by lekanolas: 1:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
The Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC, in collaboration with the Kaduna State Board of Internal Revenue have begun clampdown on motorists using fake number plates and driver’s licence.

Speaking at the presentation of certificates to the proprietors of all Certified Driving Schools on the theme: “Rid Kaduna State of Fake Driver’s Licence and Number Plates,” the state Sector Commander of the FRSC, Olumide Michael Olagunju, warned motorists to desist from obtaining fake driver’s licence and number plates. He said violators would be jailed in line with the provisions of National Road Traffic Regulation, 2004.

Olagunju described driving school proprietors as strategic stakeholders in ensuring quality drivers and safety management.

The sector commander urged the proprietors to justify their certificates by ensuring that their students were well-trained and must maintain high integrity so as not to abuse the policy on Driving School Standardisation Programme, DSSP.

He said: “The general public is also enjoined to patronise only the certified driving schools for drivers training in compliance with the provision of the National Traffic Regulations which stipulate that proprietors of certified driving schools must present pupil drivers to the Vehicle Inspection Officers, VIO, for test before a licence is issued.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/procure-fake-number-plate-go-to-jail-frsc/
Re: Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC by timpaker(m): 1:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
Its high time

But I still fault the 'getting a driving school certificate' thingy, because a friend of mine just paid 1.5k and a certificate was issued to him by a reputable driving school.
Re: Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC by MadCow1: 1:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
Make I hear jor....

Driving schools should be left as what they are which is simply private businesses. The onus is on FRSC to test all persons that apply for a drivers license before issuing them one.

Abroad, I had to sit for a written test on road signs and traffic laws after which I was made to go on a road test with an instructor before being issued with my licence. This I did despite presenting my Nigerian drivers licence and proof of driving for over 8 years o. Apparently they don't recognise the Nigerian licence abroad.

FRSC should start doing their jobs jor and stop talking too much.

1 Like

Re: Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC by ugotheman(m): 1:38pm On Feb 05, 2013
We done hear
Ok,what else
Re: Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC by gen2briz(m): 1:38pm On Feb 05, 2013
SE NA ME THE ISSUE AM TO THEM. .........#MAKE I GO CHECK ME GARRI WEY DEY INSIDE WATER JARE
Re: Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC by Asis(m): 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
Alrt
Re: Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC by Hadone(m): 1:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
IN NIGERIA?
Re: Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC by Lakayana: 1:43pm On Feb 05, 2013
Had_one: IN NIGERIA?
I wonder where Roger settles all things
Re: Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC by achi4u(m): 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2013
Had_one: IN NIGERIA?
mbanu! in Indonesian nation.
Re: Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
The procurement of fake is possible with officials,when the stress of procurement of original is stressful,then people will settle for alternatives. The process should be easier,and less stressful to combat piracy.

1 Like

Re: Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC by hrmkz: 2:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
Who is selling original.
Re: Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC by nairabound: 4:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
How much is driver's license and number plate in kaduna ?
Re: Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
Abeg police still dey collect 20 naira?
Re: Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC by okoraforaboy: 12:31am On Feb 06, 2013
nairabound: How much is driver's license and number plate in kaduna ?
me no even get driving lincense but i dey drive naaa

(1) (Reply)

Honda Odyssey And Toyota Sienna,which Is Better? / Does Lexus Rx330 Have V4 Engine / The Meaning Of O/D Botton On Automatic Gear Selector In Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.