Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns (14818 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . / FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) has announced a newly adopted strategy that would ensure that any person caught using the mobile phone while driving, would no longer be fined but immediately taken to court and jailed.

Corp Marshal, FRSC, Mr. Osita Chidoka said other offences like speed driving, dangerous overtaking and overloading would equally attract court action instead of the usual fines.

The FRSC boss, who was speaking at a news conference in Abuja, said these new measures are part of a newly launched campaign to reduce the increased spate of road crashes in the country.

Commercial bus drivers are now expected to install speed limit devices in their vehicles so they henceforth should not exceed 100km per hour.

National President of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) however admitted that some drivers are guilty of the aforementioned road accident causing crimes.

The FRSC says it is partnering with several organizations including oil companies to fulfill its promise to make Nigerian roads one of the safest in the world by the year 2020.
link: http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/06/28/make-a-call-while-driving-and-go-to-jail-frsc-warns/

3 Likes

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by JoelFelix(m): 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
CFCfan: The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) has announced a newly adopted strategy that would ensure that any person caught using the mobile phone while driving, would no longer be fined but immediately taken to court and jailed.

Corp Marshal, FRSC, Mr. Osita Chidoka said other offences like speed driving, dangerous overtaking and overloading would equally attract court action instead of the usual fines.

The FRSC boss, who was speaking at a news conference in Abuja, said these new measures are part of a newly launched campaign to reduce the increased spate of road crashes in the country.

Commercial bus drivers are now expected to install speed limit devices in their vehicles so they henceforth should not exceed 100km per hour.

National President of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) however admitted that some drivers are guilty of the aforementioned road accident causing crimes.

The FRSC says it is partnering with several organizations including oil companies to fulfill its promise to make Nigerian roads one of the safest in the world by the year 2020.
link: http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/06/28/make-a-call-while-driving-and-go-to-jail-frsc-warns/
That is what they will say but they will do nothing about it when the drivers will close their mouth with small change. Lol!!! That is 9ja for us.

2 Likes

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
Joel Felix:
That is what they will say but they will do nothing about it when the drivers will close their mouth with small change. Lol!!! That is 9ja for us.

Abi o. Will the FRSC officers have the discipline to reject bribes? We shall see.

1 Like

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by PedroJP(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
Good but what about those syphoning public funds

2 Likes

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Man2utd(m): 10:07pm On Jun 28, 2013
Why don't frsc worry abt d state of d roads...
Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
Man2utd: Why don't frsc worry abt d state of d roads...

It's not within their jurisdiction. FERMA and the various State govts are primarily responsible for road maintenance.

4 Likes

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
Me likey cool

1 Like

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by emyibe(m): 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
ANOTHER LAW FOR THE POOR shocked

2 Likes

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
Good!!
This will REDUCE unnecessary car accidents!!

2 Likes

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
emyibe: ANOTHER LAW FOR THE POOR shocked

If you choose to see it that way. texting/talking while driving is dangerous

2 Likes

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
Perfect! It's annoying, irresponsible and reckless
Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Bonapart(m): 11:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
Make dem see common wizkid dey drive n make call weda dem go fit do anytin! Let yje scape goat be a wealthy person, then we will know its a serious one

1 Like

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Lordave: 11:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
what about posting comments on nairaland while driving? That's the one I'm used to, any punishment for that?

2 Likes

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Adex097: 11:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
Can I still use my hands-free?
Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by JojoArmani(m): 11:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
which country dey said dat??
Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by nekaa(f): 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
For as long as the call lasted i hope
Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by beanos(m): 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
Nice one Boss.

1 Like

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by alphaconde(m): 11:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
Na to troway the fone anytime I see road safety. Mhen the bad ones go ask of ur fone de check ur last dialled call.
In my own opinion these guys shuld leave motorists alone. Every of these policies ends with extortion which negates the original intention of goodwill.

1 Like

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 28, 2013
This is just too harsh, every driver is guilty of one of those acts at one point or another. I think the option of fine remains the best cos our jail houses wont even be able to cope with the traffic.

3 Likes

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:07pm On Jun 28, 2013
Good one from the FRSC.
First Bullet: I hope they ll not treat celebrities & Gov officials specially. Because in Nigeria when you are a star, you can easily break some rules & still go free.
Last Bullet:
If you wanna make or receive call while driving, park well for one side of the road & make your call.

1 Like

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 28, 2013
O mehn, I'm guilty of this act.
Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Ayatullah(m): 11:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
CFCfan:

Abi o. Will the FRSC officers have the discipline to reject bribes? We shall see.

Then make your call while driving.........and zooooom to Hell! Wonder why you can't appreciate good thing.

3 Likes

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
Pipsland78: This is just too harsh, every driver is guilty of one of those acts at one point or another. I think the option of fine remains the best cos our jail houses wont even be able to cope with the traffic.

You have a point there. I would suggest that jail time should ONLY be for REPEAT offenders; this if the FRSC keeps such a record.

2 Likes

Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Desdola(m): 11:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
Just another means of collecting egunje (bribe).
Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by scholes23(m): 11:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
SIR YES SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by kkkp: 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
If I hear..na 2day
Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Good one from the FRSC.
Last Bullet: I hope they ll not treat celebrities & Gov officials specially. Because in Nigeria when you are a star, you can easily break some rules & still go free.

Stars and celebrities shouldn't be exempt, including govt officials (except the Presidential motorcade, and emergency vehicles).
Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by grag123: 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
great
Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
scholes23: SIR YES SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man o war? ? ? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by gennny: 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
Involve the police, tht wil ensure effective implimentation of dis bill,even if they want to cut corners, it wil serve the offender wel.
Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by nice4life: 11:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
in Nigeria? this must be joke of the century, what happen to 20 naira or how much are they collecting now. Good move though if only they can implement it without bribe.
Re: Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns by Wakabook01(m): 11:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
emyibe: ANOTHER LAW FOR THE POOR shocked
my dear don't just condemn the law. Its for our safety. It must not necessarily be the corps officers on the roads that will effectively enforce this law alone. You and I owe ourselves the duty of care, and thus the right to caution any driver that seems to offend this law or outright report to the authorities. Just remembered that poor people in Nigeria don't often have cars.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This / 03-06 MDX E-service Manual. If You Need One / FRSC Can Impound Any Vehicle Anywhere - Abuja High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.