Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines (8314 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Goodluck Jonathan On A Shopping Spree Abroad...photo / Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by MurphyT1: 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2013
Dear friends on facebook,

The determination of this administration to create wealth in Nigeria and for Nigerians has led us to focus our investment drive towards attracting Foreign Direct Investments in manufacturing and the service sector to ensure that jobs are created. And this drive is not an exercise in futility as Nigeria is becoming the preferred destination for FDI. Just last week, General Electric announced a decision to invest $1 billion in setting up a manufacturing plant to support power generation and oil production. Their plant, to be situated in Calabar, will provide jobs for thousands with multiplier effect for tens of thousands more and will make Nigeria a hub for power equipment in the region. The end result of this investment is that Nigeria’s power generating infrastructure will be expanded meaning more power for Nigerians which translates to even more jobs.

While we continue to encourage the Private Sector to help grow our economy and create jobs for our youths, we will do all within our powers to also keep our youths engaged. In this regard I am happy to report that the 600 bed Federal Teaching Hospital in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State which this administration began working on in February 2011 has reached 95% completion and when commissioned later this year it will provide jobs for 3000 people. Similar projects are ongoing in other geo-political zones and I will keep you updated.

Similarly, ongoing massive investments in the rehabilitation of our railways are being carried out with direct labour, thereby providing jobs to thousands of our youths especially around the Ilorin-Minna-Kaduna-Kano corridor of our rail network. In addition to the regular Lagos to Kano service, the Nigerian Railway Corporation has introduced new routes including the Offa-Kano intercity service. These initiatives are generating employment and providing an inexpensive means of travel as well as an alternative means of hauling heavy goods and petroleum products to the hinterland.

Rehabilitation works are also ongoing in the nation’s pipelines to ensure a resumption of the supply of petroleum products by pipelines all over the nation thus reducing the pressure on our roads and railways and freeing up space for hauling other products. Jobs are being created as this is ongoing and moribund services are being resumed. Just last month, the Benin Depot of the Pipeline Product Marketing Company (PPMC) was reopened after a successful completion of rehabilitation works. Products can now be transferred by pipelines to this facility.

And it is not just in the service sectors that we are seeing construction and rehabilitation. During the maiden meeting of the Executive Council of the Federation meeting, the Federal Government approved the establishment of three new universities in Yobe, Kebbi and Zamfara states. Apart from the jobs that the construction works will generate in those states, value is being added to the local economy as more citizens will have access to tertiary education with its attendant effect in wealth generation and improved health.

My dear friends on facebook, may God bless you, even as I pray for Almighty God to bless our country, Nigeria. GEJ

https://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck/posts/513341448716234

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by slimming: 3:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
God help him and me too
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by gregg2: 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
A lot is happening around the country but Nigeria is such a
big country that all such projects can't be felt on a daily basis
unlike Lagos which is a single city. I travelled to Calabar last week
by road from Lagos and it took us about 14hrs.

The rot over the years is much, but gradually we'll get there.
Meanwhile, Calabar is such a beatiful city mehn . . . opposite of Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by CyberG: 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
slimming: God help him and me too

There is no way a leaking basket will be full even if you pour more water into it. Retardeen, all the crap you talked about is no good if as corruption and thievery is eating the land: sweeping Ribadu report under the table, # 4 B for your useless fat wife, 1 B for feeding, 9 B for Sambo, $67 B squandered (Ezekwesili), police college rot which you pretended about, set up another useless committee, tribal scandals which you secretly encourage: Ihejirika, customs; you don't give a damn to declare your assets a clear violation of Nigerian laws and lack of leadership by example, moronic display and retardeen if lies on CNN while ignoring Nigeria media, disillusionment of Nigerians by your fellow accursed goons like Abati, Okupe, Omokri, Beafass, Insincere Nigerian, ETC. So all your long epistle on FB is bullshit and Nigerians and foreigners aint buying it!!

25 Likes

Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by Demdem(m): 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
InsincereNigerian wont complain about the ACN/CPC Bias Mods now that we have retardeen's so called acheivement on FP ooooo.
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by manny4life(m): 4:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nigeria is getting there, but we have a long way ahead. Nigeria has a population of 160million, it's very impossible to see drastic changes overnight...
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by 1800bc(f): 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
It is well with naija... All this surmounting challenges na wash! We have survived a civil war...some european countries did not. What God has joined together let no man put asunder... This goes out specifically to ya'll clamouring for the disintegration of dis country...all na wash!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by misreal(m): 4:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
CyberG:

There is no way a leaking basket will be full even if you pour more water into it. Retardeen, all the crap you talked about is no good if as corruption and thievery is eating the land: sweeping Ribadu report under the table, # 4 B for your useless fat wife, 1 B for feeding, 9 B for Sambo, $67 B squandered (Ezekwesili), police college rot which you pretended about, set up another useless committee, tribal scandals which you secretly encourage: Ihejirika, customs; you don't give a damn to declare your assets a clear violation of Nigerian laws and lack of leadership by example, moronic display and retardeen if lies on CNN while ignoring Nigeria media, disillusionment of Nigerians by your fellow accursed goons like Abati, Okupe, Omokri, Beafass, Insincere Nigerian, ETC. So all your long epistle on FB is bullshit and Nigerians and foreigners aint buying it!!
typical nigerian..ppl dat blves no president is doin well....keep shouting foul play while developement continues

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
CyberG:

hehehehehe! grin
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by Kslib(m): 4:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
Mtchhheeeeeeeww!!!! I no blame you and your cohorts!! Dont worry,we are preparing for revolution,we have started laying the foundation and when we are ready,una go see pepper. If una get any sweet thing,maybe na 50yrs in prison.. Gej and your evil men,better theif while you still have time oooh... Wicked big nosed kpomo liped shoeless clueless retardeen fisherman..
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
All we need is togetherness and oneness. Super Eagles did it, so we all can do it. Thumps up for those 3 Universities up North, even though they keep complaining of marginalization. There is enormous improvement in power sector, hoping the GE investment is a score card that the country is an investment destination.
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by misreal(m): 4:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
lets just gve gej a chance.
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by PHIPEX(m): 4:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
If not that GEJ seems not to fight corruption the way I anticipated I would have scored his administration 70% but am still very hopeful. In term of infrastructural development, he seems better than the 2 Presidents before him since 1999, I still believe that someday we shall get there.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by MurphyT1: 4:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
Kslib: Mtchhheeeeeeeww!!!! I no blame you and your cohorts!! Dont worry,we are preparing for revolution,we have started laying the foundation and when we are ready,una go see pepper. If una get any sweet thing,maybe na 50yrs in prison.. Gej and your evil men,better theif while you still have time oooh... Wicked big nosed kpomo liped shoeless clueless retardeen fisherman..

when time reach for revolution, fear no go gree u stand for front, u just de make mouth...reasonable pple de think how Naija go beta, u de think of revolution...olodo...i sure say u no get papa, u no no say na person papa u de curse so, lack of home training, u don carry am come show outside.
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by Joeadamu86: 4:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
Kslib: Mtchhheeeeeeeww!!!! I no blame you and your cohorts!! Dont worry,we are preparing for revolution,we have started laying the foundation and when we are ready,una go see pepper. If una get any sweet thing,maybe na 50yrs in prison.. Gej and your evil men,better theif while you still have time oooh... Wicked big nosed kpomo liped shoeless clueless retardeen fisherman..
Bushman,are talking about revolution, you want Nigerai to be like Syria, Egypt or Libya abi? what has become of these countries today after revolution is nothing but evil and violence, what we need is to work on our minds as Nigerians and support our leaders to take us to the promise land...
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by teskyg: 4:37pm On Feb 05, 2013
Power supply have improve in my area.I also travelled recently and I saw contruction of road all over.There are so many frustrated Nigerians who are seeking for opportunity to channel their frustrations.we see them on this forum everyday.This Government is really working behind the scene.You will surely have my vote in 2015.Opposition has noting to offer.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by lat4real: 4:37pm On Feb 05, 2013
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by playboy19(m): 4:38pm On Feb 05, 2013
Kslib: Mtchhheeeeeeeww!!!! I no blame you and your cohorts!! Dont worry,we are preparing for revolution,we have started laying the foundation and when we are ready,una go see pepper. If una get any sweet thing,maybe na 50yrs in prison.. Gej and your evil men,better theif while you still have time oooh... Wicked big nosed kpomo liped shoeless clueless retardeen drunken fisherman..

Sorry but you forgot the bolded part
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
teskyg: Power supply have improve in my area.I also travelled recently and I saw contruction of road all over.There are so many frustrated Nigerians who are seeking for opportunity to channel their frustrations.we see them on this forum everyday.This Government is really working behind the scene.You will surely have my vote in 2015.Opposition has noting to offer.
Sometimes I feel this Nairaland is a place for those that life has tortured. Most of them travel only on the browsers and URL so they hardly travel around to see the changes. By the way, Revolution is an old fashion thing. Egyptians and Libyans will never see a better life than what they revolted against. Its an Irony of Life. Say No to Revolution.
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by Joey82(m): 4:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
misreal: lets just gve gej a chance.

In this part of naija where I stay, i aint seeing no improvement.
I'v got to be sincere, the roads are as bad as they were and nobody dey shake body
power is as it used to be, epileptic supply of pipe borne water (i cant calculate hw much mai ruwa has taken out of my earnings.
and they keep saying the government is working.
although i dont entirely blame GEJ since there is also a state govt present here.
believe me the previous administration of OBJ did by far better in 100days than this one has done in over 2yrs.
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by PrettyRita(f): 4:42pm On Feb 05, 2013
It can only get better. GEJ Welldone.
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by franchizy(m): 4:42pm On Feb 05, 2013
We have to be patient with GEJ. He is performing well and will do more to move Nigeria forward just as my Gov T. A Orji has done much to change d lives of Abians especially on steady power in Abia state and Rehabilitation of major roads in Aba the commercial hub of d state. I strongly believe on GEJ and T.A Ogji
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by MurphyT1: 4:42pm On Feb 05, 2013
playboy19:

Sorry but you forgot the bolded part

u no wot, all those mentioned including ur bolden line, doesnt change the fact that he is the President, a feat u can never achieve, whether now or in the nearest future, not even ur pikins (cnt call them kids cos u can give them the kind of training the deserve) will..so go break or chew a nail grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2013
Joey82:

In this part of naija where I stay, i aint seeing no improvement.
I'v got to be sincere, the roads are as bad as they were and nobody dey shake body
power is as it used to be, epileptic supply of pipe borne water (i cant calculate hw much mai ruwa has taken out of my earnings.
and they keep saying the government is working.
although i dont entirely blame GEJ since there is also a state govt present here.
believe me the previous administration of OBJ did by far better in 100days than this one has done in over 2yrs.
This is funny, go and ask your local PHCN workers if your transformer is faulty, its possible you have a local problem. On the issues of road, meet your local and State Governments cos they receive allocation to do that. Federal Government oversees Federal roads.
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by ifihearam: 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2013
Bonanza! Bonanza!! Bonanaza!!!

Have you been on nairaland for years and your topic has NEVER made the front page? Simply create a thread with the alphabets GEJ on it and Boom you must make a homepage.

Useless people,every goat wants to shine with his excellency on nairaland. Thunder fire all of una. Eedddiioootttsss
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
I agree to let's give this man, as the president of Nigeria, a chance!
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by TheKingsQueen: 4:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
Okay GEJ. Commendable efforts you have here.
The more you tell us the efforts you are making to transform Nigeria, the more we know and the less we complain. But if you don't draw our attention to your efforts, we may be tempted to assume that you are not working.

You know what, just start by giving us steady or at least dependable power supply and fix our Federal roads. Then we will smile back at you.

More power to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by vanstanzy(m): 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2013
Mr President, ur innovative drive will be an exercise in futility if the "SABATEURS" are not dealt with decisively. grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by MurphyT1: 4:48pm On Feb 05, 2013
ifihearam: Bonanza! Bonanza!! Bonanaza!!!

Have you been on nairaland for years and your topic has NEVER made the front page? Simply create a thread with the alphabets GEJ on it and Boom you must make a homepage

Useless people,every goat wants to shine with his excellency on nairaland. Thunder fire all of una. Eedddiioootttsss

sorry r u new here?? undecided undecided itz called frontpage, ok? meanwhile ensure the house is kept clean before oga returns.
Re: Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines by Kassidy4luv(m): 4:56pm On Feb 05, 2013
is it Buhari or Ribadu dat will transform Nigeria over night......... Goodluck is working belive it or not, lets leave sentiment out of dis ?!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Luxury-Bus Owners Confirms That Roads Are Better Now / Pictures Of Amazon Tribes Who Live In The Forest For 600 Years. They're Unclad. / Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.