Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Something To Be Proud Of About Nigerians. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something To Be Proud Of About Nigerians. (720 Views)

What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. / See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones / Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Something To Be Proud Of About Nigerians. by Canisma(m): 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
LOVE NIGERIANS AND I AM PROUD OF NIGERIANS!
I have always said it to everyone that cares to listen that Nigerians are the best people in the world.
The most united, hard working, descent and patriotic citizens.
Little things unite us and give us joy.
I took time out with friends to watch the super eagles match, though i was not hoping for a win, just to catch fun outside. Fortunately, Nigeria won and instantly, all the animosity, anger and worry that greeted the poor performance of the supper eagles before now disappeared.
I saw joy, happiness, jubilation and unity. No one cared to know who is Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba, No one cared to know who is a Christian, Muslim or pagan. The joy overtook everyone.
I have insisted that Nigerians are better people, hard working, peace loving and descent than citizens of the UK, USA and other European countries.
The only thing that is wrong with us is frustrations, poverty, hunger and sufferings in the midst of plenty.
Consider these facts;
1. If citizens of the UK, USA and other European countries were exposed to the kind of frustration, punishments, hunger and injustice the way Nigerians are being exposed to, they will kill themselves in one day, cause untold havoc and brutality to each other and the whole country, but here we are hungry, brutalized, treated unjustly and still smiling and intermittently happy.
2. In the UK, USA and other European countries, Nigerians are the ones that work round the clock, conduct themselves peacefully and in respect of the law. I have never heard in the news when a Nigerian citizens carried a gun and started shooting and killing people for no just cause or just for being angry like the UK, USA and citizens of other European countries do.
3. Nigerians care about their neighbour more than citizens of the UK, USA and other European countries. some times Oyibo behaves like mumu, especially UK citizens. for instance, If a Nigerian snores while sleeping, he will consciously refuse not to sleep in public so he doesnt disturb other, but try and sit next to an Oyibo that is Orobo in UK in a train or bus. he/she will sleep and snore like mumu not minding that someone is close. Does he/she care?
On the day of Dana crash and many other disasters, Nigerians all turned to fire fighters with water trying to save the victims of the crash not minding whether they are Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo. Many people fighting to save the victims have never flown and cannot afford to fly, but they cared. Oyibo will just pass and call 999 to come and attend to the situation.
But today, it looks like Nigerians are wicked people, lazy people and people without unity just because our greedy leaders have frustrated, punished and stricken us mad. Nigerians are not asking for so much, All we ask for is constant power supply, good roads, good hospitals, quality education, security and justice for all, Job for the youths and support to all. We are not asking to be given food and credit like the government in the UK, USA and other European citizens do to their lazy citizens. We are hard working people, all we need is an enabling environment to work. God have blessed us with enormous resources. when i listened to David Cameron criticize president Jonathan as regards the huge natural resources that we have and they are looting.
i saw it clearly that Cameron was being jealous of our natural resources and would wish it belongs to them, but here we are with the natural resources and huge revenue suffering in the hands of selfish leaders who loot and take what they cannot even use forever.
Nigerians arise and say no to stealing, looting and incompetent leadership and it shall be well with all of us.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
I love Nigerians and i am proud of Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Something To Be Proud Of About Nigerians. by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 06, 2013
If u could not read this whole interesting story,Kindly drop a like for the above post!!!

And If u read it as I did......and felt sad ....Just drop ''Like'' for the Op!!

I don drop my like above!!!

FrontPage plssss Moderator!!!

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Upgrades To Anti-Aircraft Warfare / Lagos To Unveil First Traffic Video On Motorists In Africa / 2015:Gej Vs Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.