Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,034 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka (2838 Views)

'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 / Nigerian Horror Story- A Short Film Script / Mothering Heights - A Short Film Script (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka by ijebabe: 8:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
Udoka Oyeka is a film maker and one half of the duo who brought you ZR-7 “The Red House Seven”.

His new feature presentation “Down & Out” has been nominated for the “Best Short Film” category at the African Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards, starring Kemi Lala Akindoju and Kenneth Uphopho

Synopsis
The lives of a girl who was raped and a man that looses his job get intertwined and leads them to an unexpected outcome.

An interesting watch deserving of its nomination. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0PY4iwvjk

Re: Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka by VillageBoi(m): 10:52pm On Feb 05, 2013
I really enjoyed that and it was beautifully shot. Well done Udoka Oyeka.
Re: Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka by semid4lyfe(m): 2:16am On Feb 06, 2013
Downloaded, will watch & comment later. . .
Re: Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka by VillageBoi(m): 7:43am On Feb 06, 2013
I am now absolutely disappointed as no one in the US can watch this film as it has 'copyright' issues. When will Nigerian filmmakers learn that you just can't use ANY music in your film for free or (the most common one) shoot a TV playing a programme.
Also what sort of a 'backyard film festival' is Africa Magic Viewers Choice to not have picked up on these issues by now? Ah, I get it... it's one of those 'dime a dozen award ceremonies that Nollywood brags about.
The offending music must be the included Vivaldi, Edward Egdar & Canto Gregorian.

Oh well, mediocre comes in all shapes & forms. Nigerian filmmakers please wake up as I really, really did like this film.

1 Like

Re: Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka by Nobody: 11:52pm On Feb 09, 2013
semid4lyfe: Downloaded, will watch & comment later. . .

Hey semid, How do you download youtube videos?
Re: Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka by VillageBoi(m): 2:58am On Feb 10, 2013
speedyboi:

Hey semid, How do you download youtube videos?

If you use 'Mozilla Firefox' you just add the 'ant' downloader @ ant.com/video-downloader
Re: Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
VillageBoi:

If you use 'Mozilla Firefox' you just add the 'ant' downloader @ ant.com/video-downloader
I don't gerrit
Re: Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka by ijebabe: 4:40pm On Feb 10, 2013
Just go to the website ant.com and download the software using Firefox tongue
Re: Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka by ijebabe: 4:45pm On Feb 10, 2013
VillageBoi:
I am now absolutely disappointed as no one in the US can watch this film as it has 'copyright' issues. When will Nigerian filmmakers learn that you just can't use ANY music in your film for free or (the most common one) shoot a TV playing a programme.
Also what sort of a 'backyard film festival' is Africa Magic Viewers Choice to not have picked up on these issues by now? Ah, I get it... it's one of those 'dime a dozen award ceremonies that Nollywood brags about.
The offending music must be the included Vivaldi, Edward Egdar & Canto Gregorian.

Oh well, mediocre comes in all shapes & forms. Nigerian filmmakers please wake up as I really, really did like this film.
Hahaha! This director is new to me I must say along with Stanley and after watching their films I was a little surprised their films weren't noticed as it should have. Maybe they rely too much on social media, not sure, but they need to be more proactive to get their movies out there since no one else will.
Re: Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2013
ijebabe: Just go to the website ant.com and download the software using Firefox tongue

Oooo....

Well thanks mummy tongue
Re: Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka by VillageBoi(m): 7:54pm On Feb 10, 2013
ijebabe:
Hahaha! This director is new to me I must say along with Stanley and after watching their films I was a little surprised their films weren't noticed as it should have. Maybe they rely too much on social media, not sure, but they need to be more proactive to get their movies out there since no one else will.

He's new to me too and I really like the film. I think he's definitely one to look out for.
Re: Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka by VillageBoi(m): 7:54pm On Feb 10, 2013
speedyboi:
I don't gerrit

Teehee glad you gorrit now grin
Re: Short Film: Down & Out By Udoka Oyeka by semid4lyfe(m): 12:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
@ speedyboi, to download youtube vids, download and install Internet Download Manager. Make sure it's integrated into your browsers. That way, once you click play on the video, an IDM download button appears on the top left corner of the video. Click it and it'd start downloading.

@ topic,
Finally watched it. Not a bad movie. . .a must watch for all female Bank Marketers grin

7/10

(1) (Reply)

Meet Adrian Holmes, Actor Who Played Ajani Okeke In The Movie Skyscraper / Link To Download Free Nollywood Movies Eg. Wife/heart On Fire / Omobaba No. 1, The Best Among The Rest In The Nigerian Comedy Scene!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.