Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. (8623 Views)

American Lawmakers Visit Bola Tinubu In His Lekki Residence / Senator Ndume Defeats Ahmed Lawan In Mock Election For Senate Leader / $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by Fatdon(m): 5:43am On Feb 06, 2013
ABUJA—HOUSE of Representatives members from Kano State Tuesday paid a solidarity visit on their colleague, Farouk Lawan at the Kuje Prison.

The 24 members of the House of Representatives from Kano State are made up of 13 PDP, 8 ANPP, 2 CPC and one from ACN.

A source confirmed to Vanguard that they were on their way to Kuje to see Lawan.

Lawan is the oldest serving lawmaker from Kano. He was elected in 1999 and has since been re-elected three times.
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/kano-lawmakers-visit-farouk-lawan-in-kuje-prison/
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by Pizzanatty(m): 6:29am On Feb 06, 2013
Eyaaa...Farouk...abeg take heart,cos even those wey dey come visit u,spy dey among,some nah 2 come make mockery of u...

I wish u well sha...bt cant wait 2 see d verdict if u will b ask 2 return 100k as fine or rot in jail...

1 Like

Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by SlyIg(f): 6:42am On Feb 06, 2013
They are simply sympathising with those that would sympathise with them in their own turn!

2 Likes

Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by Fatdon(m): 8:21am On Feb 06, 2013
What a shamefull act. This goes to
show that these lawmakers are
criminals. They came to show
solidarity with thier patener-in
crime.Shameless lawbrakers!

6 Likes

Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by Mcdondayan: 8:42am On Feb 06, 2013
Hope they gave him A & B (akara and bread). Bloody thieves.
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by devigblegble: 9:09am On Feb 06, 2013
bush meat go catch the hunter one day grin na turn by turn all of them go enter jail

1 Like

Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by moshmusth(m): 9:11am On Feb 06, 2013
No matter how stubborn a pikin,hin parent no go send ham into lions den.. They are looking after their own and their interest by pleading to farouk no to implicate them

1 Like

Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 06, 2013
They did the right thing. Farouk may have done the wrong thing but that shouldn't mean that he would be abandoned. Mind you, he is not guilty until proven otherwise in a law court.

1 Like

Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by executinal(m): 9:14am On Feb 06, 2013
You never see anything yet. You got rost for that prison. Next time you go no say the poor are dying everyday because of i don't care attitude.

FARCROOK COOL OFF IN JAIL, SAY HI TO MOSQUITO, NOT REDMOSQUITO OOOH grin grin grin BEFORE I GO DEY FIND MY HEAD
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by JamesLucia: 9:16am On Feb 06, 2013
u were one of d persons i respected soooo much i use to admire u but y y y did u do that?
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by ngooka: 9:16am On Feb 06, 2013
Any picture of him on his prison uniform? Please upload
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by Shakara123(m): 9:17am On Feb 06, 2013
Nigeria! The only country where thieves and rogues are celebrated.

PDP vs Others. Let us see how the merger will gradualy bring sanity to our democracy (that's if selfish interests are not put first).
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by pyyxxaro: 9:17am On Feb 06, 2013
PRISON WHEN GET DSTV !! MTTTSSHHEEWWW undecided
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by vision2050: 9:18am On Feb 06, 2013
i hope tv dey there to watch super eagles game Ole buruku
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by Tolexander: 9:19am On Feb 06, 2013
Ornithological specimens of identical plumage tend to aggregate in close proximity!
Birds of a feather flock together!
egbe eye ni eye n wo to!

2 Likes

Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by valdubem(m): 9:23am On Feb 06, 2013
Tolexander: Ornithological specimens of identical plumage tend to aggregate in close proximity!
Birds of a feather flock together!
egbe eye ni eye n wo to!

good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by HezronLorraine(m): 9:27am On Feb 06, 2013
Farouk Lawan,d national thieve.those who went to see him are birds of the same feathers who came to reassure him dt dy've probably bribed d judge in his trial.well,he still hasn't been found guilty by d court of law.sum of his visitors might have come to exonerate dmselves of any previous crimes and to see his poor state and map out how to dodge dres.

1 Like

Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by chessguru1(m): 9:29am On Feb 06, 2013
Please why wasn't farook d crook granted bail as usual?
Why can't a law be passed that makes all individuals indicted in public financial crimes be prevented bail like this crook.
It is this bail granting that gives the impression that efcc is doing nothing. These people are arrested and then granted bail while there lawyers stall their cases till eternity. That's what people like bankole and ko are benefiting.
Also, I suggest that the prison term for financial crimes be increased to 10 to 20 years.

1 Like

Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 06, 2013
One good thing about islam is that they never dumped one of their own as long as the thief was helping in building mosque and financing buying of bombs and other fire arms. Yoruba muslims una no folow for weting I talk o

2 Likes

Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by OluEmmaAss: 9:32am On Feb 06, 2013
They went to wish him long years behind bar.
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by yuzedo: 9:36am On Feb 06, 2013
Solidarity foreeeeeeeever! grin

. That's where the saying, "thicker than thieves" comes from.. Thieves will always show support to their own. After all, it could've been any of them caught stuffing his cap with dollars! cheesy
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by 80million1: 9:37am On Feb 06, 2013
FaCrook Lawan!
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by Sijo01(f): 9:43am On Feb 06, 2013
VIP prison! Dem go don equip the place with enough intero-decor.
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by aAK1(m): 9:43am On Feb 06, 2013
Mark my words this man will work free.I strongly believe there is a reason he is behind bars in the 1st place.
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 06, 2013
In other countries you distance yourself from a Politician thats a known crook.....

Not in Nigeria.
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by 9icest: 9:48am On Feb 06, 2013
Hmmm, if this guy eventually ends up in prison, there might be some hope for Naija after all.
But emm, where is Otedola? Why is he still in Aso Rock?

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by xcuggsm(m): 10:00am On Feb 06, 2013
Poor Farouk Lawan; the sacrificial lamb of the National Assembly.
He has got no other way to go but to chose between two courses of action:
A) Will he accept to bear the cross for the entire National Assembly who he must have acted as an 'errand boy' to collect the booty from Otedola and others for sharing?
OR
B) Will he damn the consequence and come clean to tell the nation what really happened and how the money was actually collected and shared?
Whatever effect the solidarity visit will have on his choice of action still remains to be seen!
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by Pacesetter2: 10:00am On Feb 06, 2013
Otedollar....where are you?
You both did it together....Otedola go & bribe them oooo beacause if Lawan should be imprisoned....everything go fall on you
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by soochukwu(m): 10:07am On Feb 06, 2013
Here anything goes,genuine politicians should not associate themselves with colleagues with questionable records,but here the reverse is the case,
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by dirifred(m): 10:08am On Feb 06, 2013
slowly but surely, every of our thieffing politician will end up in jail
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by jydeoshodi: 10:24am On Feb 06, 2013
Fatdon: What a shamefull act. This goes to
show that these lawmakers are
criminals. They came to show
solidarity with thier patener-in
crime.Shameless lawbrakers!

Hey Oga!!! there is nothing Bad for them to go and visit their colleague, crime or no crime he is still their leader and nobody can take away anything from d fact that farouk lawan is a statesman.
Re: Kano Lawmakers Visit Farouk Lawan In Kuje Prison. by kulikuli26: 10:30am On Feb 06, 2013
This goes to show that the situation we find ourselves in this country is pathetic,I don't know if u guys take note of the fact that in that team that visited farouk include Pdp,Anpp,cpc and ACN lawmakers, then I ask why on earth do u expect me to believe that this so called merger thing is d best that will safe this country when its obvious Nigeria politicians are all the same irrespective of their party affiliation.let's just realise that it is we the masses that can safe our country from dis crooks parading demselves as national leaders.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials / BREAKING: 'rest In Peace' My Beloved President - Top APC Governor Breaks Down / Isa Pantami: Nigeria's Economy Will Be 21% Digital Driven By 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.