Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) (17977 Views)

Female Keke NAPEP Driver In Festac Town (Picture) / Fuel Tanker Currently On Fire At Lekki Toll Gate... See Photos / 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by pheesayor(m): 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2013
It was few minutes before 6 am yesterday morning when we heard the scream of "fire", I was on the balcony polishing my shoe and getting ready for work. I looked behind and saw the fire, quickly everyone rushed downstairs for safety, guys in hood were already out arranging soapy water. I went quickly dashed to the Festac Fire station with a friend, some peeps were there already so together we were able to get them to respond swiftly. By the time they got there the residents has reduced the fire. Federal fire service weren't so eager to to work before they didn't have enough water. Boys in the hood continued with soapy water, some others were using sewage water from the nearby underground drainage.
By the time the fire was put off, damage had been done, hundred of thousands of naira from the previous day's sales and savings completely burnt, nearby NET pharmacy also partly affected. Lagos fire service arrived about 40 mins after the fire started (I personally called 767), no life was lost as the hausas were in the mosque on the other side of the road observing morning prayers when it started. However the owner, Alhaji Biu fainted immediately and was rushed to the hospital.

The festac 2nd gate suya spot is known by everyone who grew up in festac as they have been in business there for over 20 years living peacefully with the residents of 22 rd A close in Festac, this fire incident however has made majority of the residents insist that they won't operate there anymore, but for timely intervention it would have spread into flats, some have suggested they move to the other side of the road, beside 2nd gate market.

Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by pheesayor(m): 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2013
The shop and others around that area have been marked by the state government, maybe they will demolish them, and time will tell.
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 07, 2013
What a pity. I hope no loss of life was recorded during the inferno?
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by ocee31(m): 9:38am On Feb 07, 2013
I remember this spot in festac town. I've got good memories of the place though. Sorry about their loss
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by igbsam(m): 9:40am On Feb 07, 2013
I know this spot...Was a customer of this suya sellers. I remember one mohammed that sells suya for me for free. Wow! too bad this happend to them. The hausas there are nice people and friendly.
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by lacasa: 9:40am On Feb 07, 2013
Fire service, " not enough water" angry
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by Asis(m): 9:41am On Feb 07, 2013
Chai wat a loss..
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by nlofficial(m): 9:42am On Feb 07, 2013
lacasa: Fire service, " not enough water" angry

For 6am? Lol. Them don even wake?
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by Ganys: 9:44am On Feb 07, 2013
Subhanallah!!! Inna lillahi, wa inna ilaehi rogihun....

2 Likes

Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by blackbeau1(f): 9:47am On Feb 07, 2013
So,I don't know is the other area fire proof?
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by freecocoa(f): 9:50am On Feb 07, 2013
Its a pity.

May the almighty replenish and compensate the ones affected.

But na only suya them dey sell there?
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by ebamma(m): 9:53am On Feb 07, 2013
freecocoa: Its a pity.

No dem dey follow sell garri too

2 Likes

Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:55am On Feb 07, 2013
lacasa: Fire service, " not enough water" angry
Yea, sht happens. Buh I knw they usually respond quickly in Festac. Seen them in action once before
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by NoContract(m): 10:00am On Feb 07, 2013
[size=14pt]Always have a back up plan for a worst case scenario[/size]
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by gramci: 10:00am On Feb 07, 2013
igbsam: I know this spot...Was a customer of this suya sellers. I remember one mohammed that sells suya for me for free. Wow! too bad this happend to them. The hausas there are nice people and friendly.

"I remember one mohammed that sells suya for me for free."
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by juman(m): 10:02am On Feb 07, 2013
Lagos state government need to do more on fire fighting thing.

The fire fighters always come late.
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by SamConquer(m): 10:02am On Feb 07, 2013
I BE LIKE FESTAC RESIDENT 4 UR EYE...ARE U A LEARNER??
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by Sijo01(f): 10:03am On Feb 07, 2013
Thank God no life was lost.
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by sammily(m): 10:04am On Feb 07, 2013
Whao!!!! I've known that suya spot since i can remember and I always visit there anytime I find myself in festac.

Thank God nobody was hurt sha....
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by igbsam(m): 10:08am On Feb 07, 2013
gramci:

shocked
Why u come open ya mouth...yea, he sells it for free and i get to pay him anytime i've got cash. Thats way way back and its not 10yrs ago!
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by initiator(m): 10:08am On Feb 07, 2013
Wow I grew up on their spicy suya
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by xynerise: 10:12am On Feb 07, 2013
Festac and their barrack- like houses grin

1 Like

Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by Scarpon(m): 10:16am On Feb 07, 2013
boko haram suya
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by freecocoa(f): 10:23am On Feb 07, 2013
gramci:

shocked
you go fear grammar na grin.

2 Likes

Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by BarryX(m): 10:24am On Feb 07, 2013
xynerise: Festac and their barrack- like houses grin
True...that's barracks!
Wow I grew up on their spicy suya
Then you must have Red meat problems!
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by fbistarship(m): 10:26am On Feb 07, 2013
Lord have mercy
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 07, 2013
Hope they were nt harborin arms n ammunitions, or even some boko haram recruits from mali
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by bolseas(f): 10:32am On Feb 07, 2013
igbsam: I know this spot...Was a customer of this suya sellers. I remember one mohammed that sells suya for me for free. Wow! too bad this happend to them. The hausas there are nice people and friendly.
igbsam:
Why u come open ya mouth...yea, he sells it for free and i get to pay him anytime i've got cash. Thats way way back and its not 10yrs ago!

please rephrase your statements...

you are suppose to write "Muhammed sells to me on credit and i pay him when i have the money" something free cannot be sold. cheers

2 Likes

Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 07, 2013
freecocoa: Its a pity.

olymmmpeaaa how are u?
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by Goodcare(m): 10:33am On Feb 07, 2013
Please accept my symparty shocked
Re: Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) by LagosBoi2(m): 10:36am On Feb 07, 2013
[quote
author=bolseas]

please rephrase your statements...

you are suppose to write "Muhammed sells to me on credit and i pay him
when i have the money" something free cannot be sold. cheers[/quote]

what is thy own consine. like u no dey make mistake. oya correct me too prof

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flood Sacks Makurdi Residents, Destroys Homes (photos) / Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers / This Begging Business!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.