Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,524 members, 7,837,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps (9535 Views)

Foreigners Will Be Banned From Owning Land In South Africa Under New Proposals / Russian Sailors Face Life-Imprisonment In Nigeria / Adesina: FG Saved N25bn In 2012 Under New Fertilizer Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Tolexander: 2:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
coogar:
nigeria is the worst country for anyone to be a woman - to prove räpe actually happened in nigeria is more difficult than climbing mount everest. who are they fooling? a country
you lack international knowledge.
coogar:
nigeria is the worst country for anyone to be a woman[/b] - to prove räpe actually happened in nigeria is more difficult than climbing mount everest. who are they fooling? a country
you lack international knowledge.
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
onila: very good cool

women r now being valued in Nigeria

Seconded 100times.
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by coogar: 2:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
Tolexander: you lack international knowledge.[b]you lack international knowledge.

you are a fool!
what an odious irritant!!! how many countries have you been in your life?
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by chaloner(m): 2:59pm On Feb 08, 2013
I wish d law applies to gals raping men also , cos gals do molest guys also
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by coogar: 3:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
chaloner: I wish d law applies to gals raping men also , cos gals do molest guys also

a man cannot be räped according to the nigerian constitution.
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Janselem: 3:04pm On Feb 08, 2013
onila: impossible

men r naturally dogs, u cant stay from women
sucks for u males
So is ur (future) husband
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Tascocent(m): 3:05pm On Feb 08, 2013
GOOD BUT WHAT WILL PEOPLE DAT STEAL BILLIONS FACE........................................... tongue tongue tongue
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Oahray: 3:07pm On Feb 08, 2013
coogar:

a man cannot be räped according to the nigerian constitution.
sadly so. Nigerian legislators fail to realise that women can be just as bad as their male counterpart.

Even domestic violence. Are there no women who beat up their husbands?
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by onila(f): 3:09pm On Feb 08, 2013
Janselem:
So is ur (future) husband
u sensitive niggaz

stop taking things too personal
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Symphony007: 3:10pm On Feb 08, 2013
This law is idiotic!! It says it covers child molestation but among the members of the body this law is being formulated is a child molester, ahmed yerima. What will now be his purnishment for marrying a 13 years old? Or does sharia law overide the nigerian constitution?

1 Like

Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by purposeDiva: 3:13pm On Feb 08, 2013
Fellow wayne: Thanks for the new law but i will like the nan to impliment another bill that any girl found dressing indecently or disclosing her cleavage or whatever will be sentenced to life jail cause it makes boy to molest them !!
Even if she is naked, she is as she wants(her body) not urs! So Ūя̲̅ dangling thing(covered or naked) should stay where it is.
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Oahray: 3:14pm On Feb 08, 2013
onila: u sensitive niggaz

stop taking things too personal
You should stop silly generalizations first. Its not a very smart thing to do.
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by thaoriginator: 3:24pm On Feb 08, 2013
tellwisdom: Which rapper are they sentencing? sad
tonto dicky
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Tolexander: 3:25pm On Feb 08, 2013
coogar:

you are a fool!
what an odious irritant!!! how many countries have you been in your life?
not about being to those countries but the knowlegde you have about them. Moreover haw many have you?
Idiot. Just always come here to spew something meaningless than nonsense.
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by coogar: 3:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
Tolexander: not about being to those countries but the knowlegde you have about them. Moreover haw many have you?
Idiot. Just always come here to spew something meaningless than nonsense.

you are a fool.....
my knowledge on issues like this is what you pray to your creator to acquire everyday. look at this tool - what do you know about räpe in nigeria? you sit down there doing copy and paste job and you call it knowledge? may amadioha impregnate you via sodomy!
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by kaeto(m): 3:30pm On Feb 08, 2013
onila: impossible

men r naturally dogs, u cant stay from women
sucks for u males
and a dog bleeped your mum's pu.s.sy, got her pregnant and she gave birth to you and other dogs(your brothers) Some of you ladies are helpless brasen hussies who carry their bitterness of ageing singlehood about, looking for men to indict.
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by kufre2010: 3:33pm On Feb 08, 2013
HNosegbe: So what's the new sentence for corrupt officials? undecided
how do u expect corrupt politicians to enact laws that wil b tough on them when they ar caught? Tougher laws on corrupt officials, may b not wit d present polithiefians.
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by olusipimp(m): 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
wt abt dos molesting Nigeria,i mean d cabals,oil thieves,treasury looterz,d firzt lady,presido,otedola,farouk n co,including boko haram.
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by yomip3t(m): 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
How about corrupt minds that Embezzle govt funds ! That should be death sentence to reduce it.
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
Can somebody interpret what is meant by life imprisonment in Nigeria to me?
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by NAJALYN: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
There should be no more delay in passing the bill. Perpetrators should be put away where they can no longer commit such attrocities. Enough of the nonsence.
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by tellwisdom: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
tha_originator: tonto dicky

angry
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by olusipimp(m): 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2013
wt abt dos molesting Nigeria,i mean d cabals,oil thieves,treasury looterz,d firzt lady,presido,otedola,farouk n co,including boko haram wit corrupt officials.is it stil 2yrs or 750k.maybe rapist cn stop n start stealing so as 2get a light sentence.thats a welcm law n nt immunity 2our country molesterz.
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Tolexander: 3:41pm On Feb 08, 2013
coogar:

you are a fool.....
my knowledge on issues like this is what you pray to your creator to acquire everyday. look at this tool - what do you know about räpe in nigeria? you sit down there doing copy and paste job and you call it knowledge? may amadioha impregnate you via sodomy!
^^^
excerpt from the animal planet.
you are just too daft to argue with cos you wouldn't understand. He that knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.
Imagine the fool calling USA a third world country. SMH for you.
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 08, 2013
kaeto: and a dog bleeped your mum's pu.s.sy, got her pregnant and she gave birth to you and other dogs(your brothers) Some of you ladies are helpless brasen hussies who carry their bitterness of ageing singlehood about, looking for men to indict.

chisos klist....that was hard!!...calm down small
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by GARRIx7(m): 3:55pm On Feb 08, 2013
The Reps got it wrong! The problem with Ra.pe in Nigeria isn't about the penalty being too light.

1. Ra.pe victims suffer from stigmatization, hence many are unwilling to even speak up when molested.

2. Our law enforcement agents have little or no knowledge of how to investigate and prosecute rap.e cases.

These 2 areas are the impediments that should be focused on in my opinion..
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by coogar: 3:55pm On Feb 08, 2013
Tolexander: ^^^
excerpt from the animal planet.
you are just too daft to argue with cos you wouldn't understand. He that knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.
Imagine the fool calling USA a third world country. SMH for you.

you are a tool.....
so because you failed to provide evidence that america is a 3rd world country is the reason you are belly-aching? i bet you wear menstrual pad every ending of the month. look at this local mgbeke boy - i have asked you and i will ask again.....what do you know about räpe in nigeria?

copy and paste job does not make you intelligent - any charlatan can go online and lift links to post on nairaland. you are so poor in spirit rainbow appears to you in black and white. you posted an article and yet you have not shared your own opinion - are you genetically daft or your dumbness is environmentally-induced?

GARRI (x7):
The Reps got it wrong! The problem with Ra.pe in Nigeria isn't about the penalty being too light.

1. Ra.pe victims suffer from stigmatization, hence many are unwilling to even speak up when molested.

2. Our law enforcement agents have little or no knowledge of how to investigate and prosecute rap.e cases.

These 2 areas are the impediments that should be focused on in my opinion..

thank you, excellent reply....

the issue of rapë in nigeria is becoming a huge concern - i read it has rises from 12% to 84% in the last few years. gradually, it's becoming evident nigeria has a räpe culture and it's baffling the so called feminists are doing nothing about it. the worst place to be a woman on the planet is nigeria - the law has no protection for the nigerian woman.

everything about räpe law should be revisited. that there's no marital räpe in the nigerian constitution is a disgrace to the learned people of our country. that the law requires the victim to prove beyond reasonable doubt that she was räped is also neanthertal - there's no facility or social workers on ground to work with räpe victims so majority of these incidents are not even reported!
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Rocktation(f): 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
Great!
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
HNosegbe: So what's the new sentence for corrupt officials? undecided
are you a rapist

1 Like

Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Tolexander: 4:08pm On Feb 08, 2013
coogar:

you are a tool.....
so because you failed to provide evidence that america is a 3rd world country is the reason you are belly-aching? i bet you wear menstrual pad every ending of the month. look at this local mgbeke boy - i have asked you and i will ask again.....what do you know about räpe in nigeria?

copy and paste job does not make you intelligent - any charlatan can go online and lift links to post on nairaland. you are so poor in spirit rainbow appears to you in black and white. you posted an article and yet you have not shared your own opinion - are you genetically daft or your dumbness is environmentally-induced?
well, you are just making me to understand the meaning of ignorance with your posts more than any dictionary meaning and google search
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 08, 2013
*Especially for those Pedo-philes.
Re: Rapists To Face Life Imprisonment Under New Law – Reps by Ejine(m): 4:14pm On Feb 08, 2013
What kind of rape though?

Is it Statutory Rape (where you have consentual sex with a rather underage person), or the old Drug-n-Rape kind, or Domestic Rape (yes, a man raping his wife)?

I'm afraid Nigeria's definition of rape, by law, is a bit too vague.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why People Join Boko Haram By Charlotte Alfred (PICTURES) / International Women's Day: Lagos State Dedicates Video To Heroines / Leaked Audio: Ibrahim Shema Aides Accuse Ex-Governor Of Katsina Of Embezzlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.