Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Why Are Nigerians Addicted To Up-tempo Party Tracks? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Are Nigerians Addicted To Up-tempo Party Tracks? (837 Views)

Eurodance Extreme[Celebration of High tempo Music genre] / Download NEW Tracks From IYANYA - DESIRE Album / Which Song Are You Addicted To Right Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Addicted To Up-tempo Party Tracks? by phatwall: 7:54am On Feb 08, 2013
Good day nairalanders,as a producer and lover of music i just have to ask 'why do the Nigerian audience love party tracks so much? Please don't get me wrong o! I love good party tracks as well but i equally like anyother genre or tempo of music that is of good quality.The recording artises ofcourse will give-in to the wants of the audience and keep recording club-bangers(90% of the artistes who record in our studio want up-tempo dance beats,which we deliver ofcourse) and Naija artistes are hardly interested in recording slow or mid-tempo tracks anymore,many fear that the listeners will say their music is 'boring'..so once again i ask.,why do Nigerians like party tracks so much?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Addicted To Up-tempo Party Tracks? by Noblesoldierr(m): 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
I can't provide you with the answers that you seek. I find it hard to understand as well. I really can't tell why Naija artistes are hardly interested in recording slow or mid-tempo tracks anymore and why Nigerian audience love party tracks so much especially ones with no meaning. I guess artists that do those type of songs are in better position to give you a satisfactory answer...
Re: Why Are Nigerians Addicted To Up-tempo Party Tracks? by UcheLives(m): 1:14pm On Feb 09, 2013
Pls dear friends, my name is
Uchelite.... I am an
intending Singer with songs
ready 4 recording ... If u re
in Lagos, pls can u help me
with d contact address of
these music producers lyk:
MasterCraft, Legendary
beats, Spellz, D'Acoustic.....i
live in Kano.. I really want to
contact them to know who
will produce my songs b4
coming to Lagos... If it
demands dat I will pay in
order to have it done, am
ready to do so. Thanks as I
wait 4 ur kind assistance.
God bless... U re part of my
success story ......
Re: Why Are Nigerians Addicted To Up-tempo Party Tracks? by Bawss1(m): 2:16pm On Feb 09, 2013
I'll put it down to the fact that the sensibilities of the Nigerian music scene hasn't developed much. True the Nigerian music industry has come a long way but at the moment its experiencing a period of arrested development. Right now it's attention appears to be completely focused on the upbeat fast tempo type tracks of the party scene. It is as though it were a child that has quickly grown from infancy and now in its teenage years refuses to grow any further. Whether such tracks contain any substance other than the waist winding, Moët popping money centered lyrics that are the hallmarks of today's urban aspirational music is not up for consideration. In fact it eschews any philosophical leanings, anything that gets in the way of the party mood is frowned upon.

This situation is further reinforced by artists that are afraid to explore other forms of music making. Here the trodden path remains safest because of its history of immediate acceptance by the masses. So at the end of the day the creative yearnings and emotions that require the non party type tempo to be expressed remain unexplored, it's potential unknown and it's powers for mental growth untapped. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Addicted To Up-tempo Party Tracks? by Noblesoldierr(m): 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2013
@UcheLives: I would love to help but I reside in Port Harcourt, I don't live in Lagos and don't know those Producers you mentioned. Still ask around, am sure you will get answers, Success with your Music...
@Bawss1: You have spoken well Man...
Re: Why Are Nigerians Addicted To Up-tempo Party Tracks? by phatwall: 7:40am On Feb 11, 2013
@bawss1 well said

(1) (Reply)

"Sitting On The Throne" By Olamide / Musicians Are All About Pucsies (toto) ;d / BREAKING NEWS: Peter Okoye Starts His Own Record Label, Signs First Artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.