Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,117 members, 7,860,029 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

Senate To FG: Save 3rd Mainland Bridge From Collapsing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To FG: Save 3rd Mainland Bridge From Collapsing (8984 Views)

Fayose To FG: Tell Nigerians Owners Of REMITA / Senate To Get New Nominee For Oyo - Vanguard / We Want To Stop PDP From Collapsing - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To FG: Save 3rd Mainland Bridge From Collapsing by homerac7: 3:44pm On Feb 10, 2013
Deep Sight:

Well that is very strange and impossible to believe because the exact same portions of the bridge were closed on both occassions?

well bros, na wetin i read b dat o! na only top insider go fit giv u d load-down proper. what i hav experienced working on govt projects is dt ot always as dark as u think and never always as clear as u imagined. u just learn where to draw d line and play along. grin grin grin

also remember that a lot of highly competent consultants from private sectors do most of the preliminary works before final approval. so dont think less about the technical inputs that went there.
Re: Senate To FG: Save 3rd Mainland Bridge From Collapsing by rasputinn(m): 11:28am On Feb 11, 2013
chukkynwob:

Have you confirmed or rebated this accusation before bashing it as propaganda? if you have an idea the number of human lives that go through that bridge everyday,you first thought should be let us invite an independent contractor of unbiased repute to reassess the bridge.

In engineering its safety first before politics.

You have not still answered my question,tell me when this so-called independent assessment was carried out,cos I have people who ply that bridge on a daily basis and they never noticed any body carrying out any assessment of any sort,or did Tinubu and Ashafa carry out the assessment as they drove through??
Re: Senate To FG: Save 3rd Mainland Bridge From Collapsing by DeepSight(m): 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
homerac7:

well bros, na wetin i read b dat o! na only top insider go fit giv u d load-down proper. what i hav experienced working on govt projects is dt ot always as dark as u think and never always as clear as u imagined. u just learn where to draw d line and play along. grin grin grin

also remember that a lot of highly competent consultants from private sectors do most of the preliminary works before final approval. so dont think less about the technical inputs that went there.

1. How can you close a bridge for four months for maintenance and do the same again four years later?

2. How can you close a bridge for four months and not repair the street lights on it.

3. How can you close a bridge for four months and only begin to patch rough parts of it after it has been opened (not even finished yet, as I type)

4. As to repairing or resetting the joints of the Bridge, does this take four months?

5. As to repairing or resetting the joints of the Bridge, does this take N1 billion? That is 4 million Pounds.

6. How much would such have cost if in another country.

7. How long would such have taken if in another county?

8. When next will the bridge be closed down? Because if it is anytime in the next ten years then there is apparent fraud or at best - incompetence of the grossest and most objectionable nature.
Re: Senate To FG: Save 3rd Mainland Bridge From Collapsing by homerac7: 9:41pm On Feb 11, 2013
Deep Sight:

1. How can you close a bridge for four months for maintenance and do the same again four years later?

2. How can you close a bridge for four months and not repair the street lights on it.

3. How can you close a bridge for four months and only begin to patch rough parts of it after it has been opened (not even finished yet, as I type)

4. As to repairing or resetting the joints of the Bridge, does this take four months?

5. As to repairing or resetting the joints of the Bridge, does this take N1 billion? That is 4 million Pounds.

6. How much would such have cost if in another country.

7. How long would such have taken if in another county?

8. When next will the bridge be closed down? Because if it is anytime in the next ten years then there is apparent fraud or at best - incompetence of the grossest and most objectionable nature.

bros, u r askn d wrong person.
Re: Senate To FG: Save 3rd Mainland Bridge From Collapsing by CGKing(m): 2:37am On Feb 12, 2013
homerac7:

^^^

fooolish talk. do u know the lenght of the section dt was worked on that took 4 whole months? if the whole lenght is to b repaired at once can you guess how long it will take to do that> what about the costs? i am not holding brief for FG and her agencies, just that i hav low tolerance for criticism based on ignominy. angry angry angry

Ol' bob read before you comment. Let Julius Berger phase the thing themselves.
Re: Senate To FG: Save 3rd Mainland Bridge From Collapsing by homerac7: 5:23am On Feb 12, 2013
CGKing:

Ol' bob read before you comment. Let Julius Berger phase the thing themselves.

^^^

whats ur obsession wt JB? what will JB do that others cant do? isnt ds same okada park argument i hear everytime that JB is the all in all? if you hav the smallest idea of how engineering projects run, u will know not to continue wt this ur JB talk.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Sullivan Chime Lying Against Enugu State Government? - Steve Nweke / How Governors Spent N2trn On Police - Nigeria Governors’ Forum / Fuel Subsidy Skyrocketed To N207bn Days To 2019 Elections – NNPC Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.