Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Jesus Has No Sword In His Mouth. Understanding Revelation 1:16 And 2:16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Has No Sword In His Mouth. Understanding Revelation 1:16 And 2:16 (13569 Views)

Jesus Has Come the second time And Gone!!! (see Evidence) / South African Pastor Turns Church Member Into Horse & Put Snake In Their Mouth / The Gospel IS THE Power Of God - Teaching On Romans 1:16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Has No Sword In His Mouth. Understanding Revelation 1:16 And 2:16 by Joagbaje(m): 11:04am On Feb 08, 2013

Revelation 1:16
And he had in his right hand seven stars:and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword:and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength . . ..

Revelation 2:16
Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

To have good understanding . Lets look at Ephesians

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God

The Greek rendering for "word" in the verse above is "rhema," and it means the spoken Word of God for the "now." It is God’s specific Word to you, at a specific time, for a specific purpose. It’s the Word of God in your mouth for the moment, concerning you or anything that you’re directing it at. That Word in your mouth is the sword of the Spirit.

The Greek word for "mouth" is "stoma," and it means the front or edge of a weapon. Literally, it means the front of a sword. That's why In Revelations 1:16, the Apostle John describes the Son of Man saying, "… out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword." Again, Revelations 2:16 says, "…I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth."

Now, Jesus doesn’t have a "physical" sword protruding out of His mouth. The Word He speaks is the sword of the Spirit. After you’ve deliberately and consciously meditatedunder on the Scriptures, the Word that comes out of your mouth becomes the Word of the Spirit with which you cut the enemy in pieces. When you face crises in life, practise meditation. When you receive that "rhema-word" from the Spirit, speak it over or against the situation.

With today’s technology, you can play or listen to God’s Word, loading it into your spirit on the go, through various media formats. As the Word gets into your spirit, mutter it or shout it forth as you’re stirred in your spirit. At that moment, the words you speak become the active or creative Word. This creative Word is powerful and produces results. It’s the sword of the Spirit with which you get on the offensive against Satan and his wicked onslaught.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Has No Sword In His Mouth. Understanding Revelation 1:16 And 2:16 by OmoTier1(m): 1:35am On Feb 09, 2013
Joagbaje:

Revelation 1:16
And he had in his right hand seven stars:and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword:and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength . . ..

Revelation 2:16
Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

To have good understanding . Lets look at Ephesians

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God

The Greek rendering for "word" in the verse above is "rhema," and it means the spoken Word of God for the "now." It is God’s specific Word to you, at a specific time, for a specific purpose. It’s the Word of God in your mouth for the moment, concerning you or anything that you’re directing it at. That Word in your mouth is the sword of the Spirit.

The Greek word for "mouth" is "stoma," and it means the front or edge of a weapon. Literally, it means the front of a sword. That's why In Revelations 1:16, the Apostle John describes the Son of Man saying, "… out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword." Again, Revelations 2:16 says, "…I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth."

Now, Jesus doesn’t have a "physical" sword protruding out of His mouth. The Word He speaks is the sword of the Spirit. After you’ve deliberately and consciously meditatedunder on the Scriptures, the Word that comes out of your mouth becomes the Word of the Spirit with which you cut the enemy in pieces. When you face crises in life, practise meditation. When you receive that "rhema-word" from the Spirit, speak it over or against the situation.

With today’s technology, you can play or listen to God’s Word, loading it into your spirit on the go, through various media formats. As the Word gets into your spirit, mutter it or shout it forth as you’re stirred in your spirit. At that moment, the words you speak become the active or creative Word. This creative Word is powerful and produces results. It’s the sword of the Spirit with which you get on the offensive against Satan and his wicked onslaught.
Not sure where you are heading with this... But I think you are mainly repeating what Pastor Chris has written in His book and taught in his messages. But my question for you is... When God speaks, that is His word right? So then, what is this thingy about cramming and repeating the word? The bible said, study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. Shouldn't emphasis be placed on building that relationship through His word rather than on cramming it just so you can speak it to gain something? Surely, the bible also said, the words of the righteous is right (just).
Re: Jesus Has No Sword In His Mouth. Understanding Revelation 1:16 And 2:16 by Joagbaje(m): 6:38am On Feb 10, 2013
^^^
If you have no meaningful contribution, just read , be blessed and move on . You mustnt comment.
Re: Jesus Has No Sword In His Mouth. Understanding Revelation 1:16 And 2:16 by OmoTier1(m): 8:17am On Feb 10, 2013
Joagbaje: ^^^
If you have no meaningful contribution, just read , be blessed and move on . You mustnt comment.
Regurgitating what Pastor Chris has studied for Himself and built an understanding upon without you adding any value is utter useless and it makes one looks more like a dummy! I know very well those postings aren't yours because you took them out of one of Pastor Chris messages.

If you do not want people to comment why open the thread then? You raised some controversial issue in your post yet you want people to accept it hook line and sinker, but hey, we are not all dummies you know.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of The American Missionary Who Was Released By Kidnappers / Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians / The Basis Of Human Morality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.