Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,705 members, 7,862,228 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:45 AM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (144613 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Zikkyy(m): 8:38am On Mar 17, 2013
Joagbaje:
for example faith is aspiritual principle . Faith is a law

Romans 3:27
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay:but by the law of faith.

From your quote, even work is a law. In a way you have succeeded in solving the issue between Goshen & Ola, while Goshen is saying Abraham exercised faith, Ola is saying Abraham actions were the result of response to Gods law. and the bible tells us the Abraham's relationship with God was based on faith, and you Jo, say faith is a law. So we can Abraham's actions were responses to the 'law of faith'. Its a simple issue with a simple solution grin

So conclusion: Goshen360 is very much on track while Olaadegbu is very much confused angry it obvious Ola is attempting to add his own laws for Abraham to comply with. and its too late for that now, Ola cannot force a dead man to comply with his laws. Ola will have to visit the other side to get Abraham to comply with his (Olaadegbu') laws grin

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Enigma(m): 8:49am On Mar 17, 2013
^^^ Add the below to the 'mix'. wink

Romans 8:2 --- "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."

Well, the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus does not require anyone to "tithe"' it only requires them to give cheerfully as they purpose in their hearts.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Boomark(m): 10:44am On Mar 17, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

For me to answer this kweshun may ask: Are you a Christian? If you are please explain how you became one.

Understanding what it means to be a Christian will go a long way in answering your kweshun but let me start with start with the example of Abraham who is the father of faith. Abraham showed appreciation, love and gratitude when he tithed from his spoils. Who are the so called Christians that become victims when Christians win battles?

Teach me as you would to someone who want be a Christian after reading somethings in the bible.

Are Christians supposed to show love and appreciation to God just like Abraham did by tithing from spoils of war, eg tribal war etc?

You did not answer the question. You just told me what Abraham did in the bolded. Christians are Christ followers. Abrahamians could be Abraham followers.

2nd kwenshon.

Did any Christian tithe in the bible and are Christians bound to tithe considering malachi? Bible proof.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 1:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
Zikkyy:

What is ya source for the above? Where in the bible did God made a tithe covenant with Abraham & his seed? angry

We have been asking this same question for only God knows when. We haven't got an answer. Better still, where is tithing stated in the Abrahamic covenant? A wrong interpretation of scriptures will ALWAYS produce a wrong application. These people don't know what they talk about. Now, they are beginning to run to Abrahamic covenant and quote,

15Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case. 16The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,”i meaning one person, who is Christ. 17What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise. 18For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on the promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise. Galatians 3 >> New International Version

The promise and the covenant was simple - In thee and thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed and we read in the verses above, this seed is Christ being typified in Isaac. When people don't go back to context, they lift scriptures and bastardize\abuse it. Where is tithe in the covenant that cannot be set aside 430 years later and must be continued for Christians? When they make tithing a LAW for Christians and I've been saying, Abraham wasn't obeying any official law (of Moses) to receive God's inheritance; v18 says, "if receiving our inheritance depends on the law (of Moses), then it is no longer by promise and Grace. God's grace was what gave the promise to Abraham.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 1:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
Zikkyy:

From your quote, even work is a law. In a way you have succeeded in solving the issue between Goshen & Ola, while Goshen is saying Abraham exercised faith, Ola is saying Abraham actions were the result of response to Gods law. and the bible tells us the Abraham's relationship with God was based on faith, and you Jo, say faith is a law. So we can Abraham's actions were responses to the 'law of faith'. Its a simple issue with a simple solution grin

So conclusion: Goshen360 is very much on track while Olaadegbu is very much confused angry it obvious Ola is attempting to add his own laws for Abraham to comply with. and its too late for that now, Ola cannot force a dead man to comply with his laws. Ola will have to visit the other side to get Abraham to comply with his (Olaadegbu') laws grin

WORD-FULL you are, my dearest brother! God bless you.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Boomark(m): 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
What Christ and the apostle taught us is giving to God willingly. one can actually give 50% or 100%, but let it be as the person decide in his heart. tithe teachers don't want to answer questions on malachi 3:8 and how it is binding to christian. If you can't answer that then don't use it on christians.

Hebrews 13:16

English Standard Version (ESV)

16 Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

This is the way it pleases God + that one Christ said we should do to him through the least of his brothers(you can even see this in the bolded).
Re: Tithes And Offerings by brilapluz(m): 6:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
Joagbaje:

That's a church project .
hahahahahahahahahahahaha..oh really?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Joagbaje(m): 6:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ Add the below to the 'mix'. wink

Romans 8:2 --- "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."

Well, the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus does not require anyone to "tithe"' it only requires them to give cheerfully as they purpose in their hearts.

smiley

This has to do with justification. The works of the law are not wrong in themselves . But it's wrong to seek justification by them . No

Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law:for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Enigma(m): 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
^^^ But "the law of faith" does not have to do with justification?

That one has to do with tithes?

Yeah right. Shioor.

smiley
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Joagbaje(m): 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
Boomark:

Teach me as you would to someone who want be a Christian after reading somethings in the bible.

Are Christians supposed to show love and appreciation to God just like Abraham did by tithing from spoils of war, eg tribal war etc?

You did not answer the question. You just told me what Abraham did in the bolded. Christians are Christ followers. Abrahamians could be Abraham followers.

2nd kwenshon.

Did any Christian tithe in the bible and are Christians bound to tithe considering malachi? Bible proof.

If you claim not to be a christian then you have no part in such doctrinal discussion. .

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:for they are foolishness unto him:neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So what you need is about the salvation of your soul ,not doctrinal debate
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
defending the fraudulent tithe as a matter of life or death , how sad.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Not so fast, Mr grasshopper. You claimed that Abraham was not obeying Any Law during his time. And I gave you a biblical reference contrary to your postulation. What do you have to say for yourself?
he wants to wish his family and friends merry christmas, hahahahaha
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Boomark(m): 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
Joagbaje:

If you claim not to be a christian then you have no part in such doctrinal discussion. .

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:for they are foolishness unto him:neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So what you need is about the salvation of your soul ,not doctrinal debate

Boomark:

2nd kwenshon.

If someone from your church ask you the bolded questions, will you ask him if he is a christian to dodge the question.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by brilapluz(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2013
oh how i love dis scripture.. Let no debt remain outstanding, except the
continuing debt to love one
another, for whoever loves
others has fulfilled the law.
9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,”
“You shall not murder,” “You
shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are
summed up in this one
command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 LOVE does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore LOVE is the
fulfillment of the law.

sweet!

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2013
Boomark:

2nd kwenshon.

To have a better understanding on what it means to become a Christian I will appreciate it if you can answer the following questions sincerely and conscienteously.

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ____YES ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES ___NO
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ____YES ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ____YES ___NO
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)? ____YES ___NO
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES ___NO
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES ___NO
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES ___NO
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES ___NO

If you have even broken one Law, then you have sinned against God and therefore will "surely die," for the "wages of sin is death."

We are all guilty of breaking the Commandments. Listen to the voice of your conscience, and let it remind you of some of the sins of the past. We are not perfect as we are commanded to be (Matthew 5:48 ), neither is our heart pure. On Judgment Day our transgressions will be the evidence of our shame. Think of it: God has seen every sin we have ever committed. We share our thought-life with Him.

We are guilty of violating His Law a multitude of times, yet if we repent, God can forgive us because Jesus stepped into the courtroom 2,000 years ago and paid the fine for us.

His death on the cross satisfied the Law we so blatantly transgressed, and at the same time demonstrated how much God loves us:

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

His shed blood on the cross can make you clean in the sight of a holy God, as though you have never sinned.

God doesn't want you to go to Hell. Please, forget your arguments, repent and put your trust in Jesus and be saved from God's wrath. Make Psalm 51 your prayer, then read your Bible

daily and always obey what you read; God will never let you down. Peace.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by oiseworld: 9:43am On Apr 23, 2013
Goshen360:

That's your business? I was saying that in respect that I didn't tithe before God blessed me. You guys are the very ones promoting 'tithe before God can bless you' gospel. That's not the God I know and that's not the God I worship - He gives to ALL men liberally without finding fault. He has GIVEN us ALL THINGS that pertains to LIFE and GODLINESS. There's no where in the NT that a Christian MUST pay tithe BEFORE GOD blesses us. Stop threatening people with Malachi curse that was meant for the thiefing priest, not the people.

So you are a full time arm robber, you robbed God of a house,car and a floorishing business.

Its so painful that these things are right benet your eyes but you just don't see. I LL advice you better sell all you have and give to the poor or you run down to the church and pay your tithe.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 23, 2013
oiseworld:

So you are a full time arm robber, you robbed God of a house,car and a floorishing business.

Its so painful that these things are right benet your eyes but you just don't see. I LL advice you better sell all you have and give to the poor or you run down to the church and pay your tithe.
grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by oiseworld: 9:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
@olaadegbu, and co,
I really thank you for the way u handled this topic, may God continue to reward you. We ha e all gained extensively but, a few are too proud to admit it.

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. psm 119;130.

Our God is not a thief to demand a tithe from his children, either in the old testament or new. Let them keep robbing God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:12pm On Apr 25, 2013
oiseworld:

@olaadegbu, and co,
I really thank you for the way u handled this topic, may God continue to reward you. We ha e all gained extensively but, a few are too proud to admit it.

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. psm 119;130.

Our God is not a thief to demand a tithe from his children, either in the old testament or new. Let them keep robbing God.

I also thank God for your love for the truth. It is because of truth decay that has turned these anarchists over to the spirit of antinomianism. They will do well to brush up with the Bible and learn how to give God what is best and not what is left.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
How did Jesus see faithful Stewards?

Greater Givers

TEXT: MARK 12:35-44

"For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living" (Mark 12:44).

In recent years, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett have been at the head of an unusual campaign. These two men who rank among the richest people in the world are pushing to get the world’s super-rich to donate a good part of their wealth to tackle social, political and economic challenges in the world. They themselves have given and are committed to giving more through their foundations, in support of some worthy projects around the world.

Commendably, over 40 billionaires and multimillionaires have joined this mega-giving wagon. The big givers’ details can be found in the World’s Top Givers list which is reviewed annually.

Were such list to have been compiled at the time Christ was on earth, the name of the widow woman in today’s text would never have featured. After warning the people about the ignorant and hypocritical Scribes, Christ watched as the people gave money into the treasury. The rich people gave out of their abundance and, perhaps, prided themselves as best givers. But Christ noticed this poor widow throw in two mites and adjudged her the best giver.

The greatness of her gift did not consist in the value of the money she gave, but in the sincerity and sacrifice that went with it. Others gave out of their surplus; she gave out of her poverty. Others gave normally; she gave out of faith for she gave all her living. Others gave from a sense of obligation; she gave out of love. Although it is not revealed what became of her, it is certain that, in addition to the eternal commendation she got from the Lord, she did not die of
hunger.

God is interested in our giving, especially towards the furtherance of the gospel and expansion of His kingdom on earth. In this connection, we are expected to give our money, talent and time. The Lord still observes how we give (our motive and attitude) as well as how much we give in proportion to our means.

Thought for the day: "God measures the quality of our giving by how much we keep back"

For Details . . .
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 09, 2013
The most important thing is not what you do in the name of God's work, but why you do what you do.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:43am On May 13, 2013
"Give God what's right . . . not what's left."
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 2:49am On May 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU: "Give God what's right . . . not what's left."
. . .as a man purpose in his heart, so let him give....not according to a fixed legalistic percentage. cool
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24am On May 13, 2013
Goshen360:

. . .as a man purpose in his heart, so let him give....not according to a fixed legalistic percentage. cool

"Give God what is best not what is left" tongue
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:46am On May 13, 2013
Goshen360: . . .as a man purpose in his heart, so let him give....not according to a fixed legalistic percentage. cool
the scripture you quoted is incomplete..why did you not add he that sow sparingly will reap sparingly and he that sows bountifully will reap bountifully...and God loves a cheerful giver..you people just like picking what suit you in scriptures..smh
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 6:48am On May 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

"Give God what is best not what is left" tongue

And how do you define giving to God? Do you follow Jesus definition as stated in Matthew 25:31-40 or is it Kumuyi's definition you follow?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:49am On May 13, 2013
Pastor Kun:

And how do you define giving to God? Do you follow Jesus definition as stated in Matthew 25:31-40 or is it Kumuyi's definition you follow?

I follow Kumuyi who is a faithful servant of God.

"And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also."
(2 Timothy 2:2).

Who is your mentor?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 7:55am On May 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

So kumuyi is infallible abi?

Who is your mentor?

I follow only christ. cool
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:41am On May 13, 2013
Pastor Kun: I follow only christ. cool
of cos every Christian follows Christ..who is your father? or are you illegitimate?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:50am On May 13, 2013
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]

I always knew you were and are a Kumuyi follower.

Try following Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:50am On May 13, 2013
Bidam: of cos every Christian follows Christ..who is your father? or are you illegitimate?

not really , some follow MEN of GOD , so called.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55am On May 13, 2013
Pastor Kun:

So kumuyi is infallible abi?

Those are your words not mine.

Pastor Kun:

I follow only christ. cool

Did you say Christ with a small "c"? Don't you have a mentor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.