Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Company Registration In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Company Registration In Nigeria (37423 Views)

Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria / Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) / Business Name Registration In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 2:58pm On Jan 14, 2009
A business name is never enough to do business in future. I think personally it is a scam concieved by the CAC to make people register their business names and not inform them that when the business intends to grow, the owners of the business name will still have to come back to upgrade it to a company and pay double.

Business names are for low scale jobs or businesses and big time investors or banks hardly deal with businesses with just business name registration because of the inherent constraints and limits posed by just a business name compared to a company.

Free Advice: REGISTER A COMPANY INSTEAD. IT WILL SAVE YOU TIME AND MONEY IN FUTURE!
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by coolted(m): 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2009
i quite agree with you eolutosin that companies are earlier with 35k, but now hardly you'll get a company registered at 50k now because all people doing are charging so much now.

Recentl i went out to ask why they're charging so much and they told me that though CAC posted on their website sit (http://www.cac.gov.ng/Pages/fee1.htm

http://www.cac.gov.ng/Pages/Post.htm

for business name registration check http://www.cac.gov.ng/Pages/fee.htm

registration of trustees go to http://www.cac.gov.ng/Pages/fee3.htm
) an official amounth for company registration but in actual sense they charge more.

But they (my team), are ready to cut a lot of charges that are not neccessary.
we can register a company of upto 1m shares for 55k.

ted

http://companyregistration.blog126.fc2.com/
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by deebrain(m): 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2009
I am also in need of information relating to company registration.

Pls any body with geniue and vital information can send a shout out to

or

brownspersonal@yahoo.com
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by inHouse: 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2009
Hello people!

I'm thnink about setting up an investment company in nigeria, so far, i have a dedicated team on three people. My question is, can such a company with such amount of personnel register in nigeria.

Many thanks!
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by ccfunjohn: 11:41am On Jun 09, 2009
i want to register a business name,can anyone help me?
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2009
ccfunjohn:

i want to register a business name,can anyone help me?

Go to the CAC office yourself and register it your self. Business Name registration is very simple and straight forward and will cost you less than N10,000 but if you use an agent or lawyer, you should be ready to shell out nothing less than N15,000. Its your choice. Business name registration is so cheap and easy but when the chips are down and business is about to take shape with investors and more money, a limited company will be the next thing to register and to me, that's penny wise pound foolish when you can just get the company registered for now, pay the costs, cover your eyes and use the company name for life and its benefits.

Well and then again, people are different and have specific wants, so follow your heart desires!
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by lacicrips(m): 8:22pm On Jun 22, 2009
@lawyer
Where are you based? I think I might wanna hire you for specific jobs when the time comes.
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by Ninny: 12:10pm On Jun 24, 2009
I applied for a sole proprietorship account from etb bank and was asked to produce the following:
1. Certificate of Registration of Business name - which i have since 2001
2. Form 2(forms of Application for registration of business name)
3. Form 6(Letter of registration of business name)
The problem i have is that i was only given the certificate alone by my then lawyer.
I can not trace the laywers' contact address and phone number as he has moved out of the office i know.
Can anyboby assist me with these two Forms?
Please contact me at cupidscommunications@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by eros(m): 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2010
. . . . .Just reading through.
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by boc79: 10:24am On Aug 17, 2010
You can send me an email relating to any advice you need on company incorporation. I will be happy to help.
b.olowofoyeku@gmail.com
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by cliveland: 10:26am On Aug 18, 2010
Re: Company Registration
« #11 on: September 26, 2005, 01:20 PM »

Why does Nigeria make it so hard to register and company

Because we are a third world country and things have to be made hard so we can remain as third worlders

NAIJA'S WOULD NEVER STOP TO AMAE ONE, MUST WE ALWAYS SHOW OUR IGNORANCE ABOUT THINGS BEFORE WE THINK OF IT , WE ALWAYS LIKE TO DO ALL OURSELF, QUESTION IS Y ARE U ON THIS SITE Y NOT EQUALLY FLOAT UR OWN SITE BE UR OWN DOCTOR, ENGINEER, ARCHITECT ETC

THERE IS NOTHING DIFFICULT ABOUT REGISTERING A COMPANY IF ONLY U MEET A PROFESSIONAL RATHER WANTING TO DO ALL!!!!
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by steamslide(m): 12:36am On Sep 09, 2010
Can anyone tell me how to register an institute? e.g institute of computer and business technology.
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by izeghs(m): 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2010
We specialize in providing company formation, administration and information services.

We help Limited Liability Companies incorporate their business within 24hrs (X-Express) for N95,000 or within 7 working days (Express) for N45,000 depending on what the preferred option is for the client. Business Name or Sole Proprietorship is 72 hrs for N20,000.

All packages comes with:
- 1 month free subscription to BusinessDay
- Free domain name (www.yourcompany.com)
- Free 5 corporate e-mail address
- Free 250 Business Card from SkiPrints

Other services we render includes:

-Shelf Business Name (Ready Made Name)
-Shelf Limited Liability Name (Ready Made Name)
-Shelf Sole Proprietorship Company (Ready Made Co.)
-Shelf Limited Liability Company (Ready Made Co.)
-Change of Name (Business Name)
-Change of Name (Limited Company)
-Incorporated Trustees
-New Company Name Search
-Trademark Registration
-Copy Right Registration
-Patent Registration
-Export License
-Stay Permit
-Business Permit
-USA Company Registration
-UK Company Registration
-South Africa Company registration

Our experienced team are available to help at any stage of the incorporation process, . Please don’t hesitate to call us (+234 818 502 9952 or +234 702 951 4941) or (e-mail; ) when you have any question.

Follow us on:
www.facebook.com/nimbouregistry
www.twitter.com/nimbouregistry
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by payme(m): 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2010
If anyone is interested?
I help people with business name registration and also ltd
business name - 12k
ltd - 60k
you wont av to pay till the name is confirmed
holla me on 08067124340, 07041309342 or tmagicng@yahoo.com
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by boc79: 1:22pm On Feb 05, 2011
Need help with company registration. Contact us on bocsolicitors@gmail.com. We will be happy to assist
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by cashisland(m): 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2011
business name registration is all you need to open a business current account. it will cost you n250 for name search, n500 for file jacket and 2 passport. the final registration will cost n4000(n4750) cac is located at otunba jobifele way behind mko gardens,ikeja. for further help call 08188872208
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by cashisland(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2011
business name registration is all you need to open a business current account. it will cost you n250 for name search, n500 for file jacket and 2 passport. the final registration will cost n4000(n4750) cac is located at otunba jobifele way behind mko gardens,ikeja. for further help call 08188872208
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by cashisland(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2011
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by ericana: 11:07pm On Aug 12, 2012
What is the current cost to set up a limited liability(i.e a private company) with a capital share of 750,000 naira? Please help.
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 7:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
ericana: What is the current cost to set up a limited liability(i.e a private company) with a capital share of 750,000 naira? Please help.
Hi,
750,000 share capital will attract almost the same amount 1m share will cost. CAC charges fees per 1m while stamp duty fees varies. So I usually advice clients to do 1m. Depending on who will do it for you, you may set aside < or > N60k.
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by ericana: 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
Thank you bro. Should you have a link that could help please don't hesitate to reach me.
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
You will require someone who is accredited by CAC to do the registration for you. You could send me a pm to kleandenation @yahoo.ca if you do not have someone already.
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2012
Hello Nairaland Community,

I would want clarification on the requirements to set up a company (conglomerate) as a group. Are there minimum levels to the number of companies I could register as a group? What specific cost requirement would it take. At the moment, I have the particulars, plans and most other "important" requirements to set up three companies which are in unrelated sectors of the economy), yet all the companies would be run by an unbrella holding company.

I would appreciate advise from this forum, it has helped in the past.

Cheers!
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
ajadek oil:

Pls help me,i want to register a ltd coy, dat will coffer atleast 5 coy, like general merchant.give me prosedure and price,

@ Poster,

I guess you are referring to group of companies and/or holdings. The first step is to register 1 (one) company, you could now start registering the other 4 (four) companies with one similar name.
If the first company is AJADEK OIL LTD,
the 2nd could be AJADEK INTEGRATED SERVICES LTD,
the 3rd could be AJADEK HOMES NIGERIA LTD,
the fourth could be AJADEK ELECTRONIC/ELECTRICAL INTERNATIONAL LTD
the fifth could be AJADEK CONSTRUCTION COMPANY LTD and the list is endless.

After you must have registered the fifth company, you can now apply to CAC to have all of the companies as one holding.

For more explanation you could holla me at kleandenation@yahoo.ca"

I posted that Message on "changing from one form of registration to another or so"

I think three companies would suffice as a group/holding. The three companies would have been registered. The names could be related as in the example above or not related. The objects of the three companies do not have to be related. An application would have to be made to the RG of CAC for approval of the Group/Holding's name- The application is N5k. The Group/Holding will have a minimum of N5million share capital. The group/holding would now be registered with the three companies holding shares of the group. I guess you could find one or two facts.
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by Consultville(m): 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
Get your business registered today with the Corporate Affairs Commission
With as low as N20,000 for business name
www.regville.com
Re: Company Registration In Nigeria by PrettyCindy(f): 6:11am On Feb 24, 2013
Consultville: Get your business registered today with the Corporate Affairs Commission
With as low as N20,000 for business name
www.regville.com

If someone registers a business name in Delta and later moves to another part of the country, say Abuja, can the person still use such name for business purposes?

What are your requirements for business name registration (a one man business (for now))?

Finally, can you use one business name for about 5 products (edibles like cupcakes, soya bean powder, chinchin, popcorn etc?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa / Tension In Kano As Seized N315b Textile Materials Await Burning / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.