Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Keshi: If Nigeria Don't Want Me, I Will Pack My Bags & Leave - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi: If Nigeria Don't Want Me, I Will Pack My Bags & Leave (553 Views)

What Will Happen To Keshi If Nigeria Lose Again / Lots Of Countries Want Me - Keshi / If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keshi: If Nigeria Don't Want Me, I Will Pack My Bags & Leave by Morgan1092(m): 3:47pm On Feb 08, 2013
The Super Eagles coach has told Goal.comthat his future as head coach remains unclear and he could be on his way out even if his side win the Africa Cup of Nations
Feb 8, 2013 3:15:00 PM
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi EXCLUSIVE
By Lunga Ntuli
Stephen Keshi has revealed to Goal.com that he is happy to pack his bags and quit if he is not wanted by Nigeria , despite having led the side to the Africa Cup of Nations final.
The Super Eagles coach came in for a lot of criticism about his locally-based selection policy and slow start in South Africa, but his decisions will be hailed as a master stroke if Nigeria beat Burkina Faso in the final on Sunday.
"It is my home country, and it feelsgreat to seeing Nigeria advance tothe final after such a long time," Keshi told Goal.com.
"I would love to continue with the job, but again, if it doesn’t happen,I don’t really care. I am a professional coach and I will pack my bags and leave."
The veteran coach, who also won the Afcon cup in 1994 with Nigeria, said he is not stressed about what people think about him, but that he will make sure that he plays the players that he feels are mentally fit and hungry toperform.
"In my side there are no stars. I opted to go with players who are going to respect me, listen to me and who are mentally fit, because that is what wins matches, not bignames," he said.
Keshi said he would love to continue with the job after the Afcon, but that will depend on who is in charge of football in Nigeria.
"I don’t owe anyone any explanation, and I am not here to please anyone. If people like me then that's good but if they don’t, I don’t care. I am here to offer my services because I care about my country," said Keshi.
"When you have players that get along with each other and know that no one is a star then you are on the right track.
"Yes, there is still a lot of work to be done but I am proud of the progress that we have made so far."
http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/3736369
Re: Keshi: If Nigeria Don't Want Me, I Will Pack My Bags & Leave by Dreal1247: 4:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
But im not sure dat any1 is stil against him 4 now. Though the criticism must av helped him. Wel dome job Keshi. Keep it up.
Re: Keshi: If Nigeria Don't Want Me, I Will Pack My Bags & Leave by Dreal1247: 4:40pm On Feb 08, 2013
But im not sure dat any1 is stil against him 4 now. Though the criticism must av helped him. Wel done job Keshi. Keep it up.

(1) (Reply)

Goal.com World Player Of The Week: SUNDAY Mba #respect / Kenya's Team Trains In Primary School Ahead Of Their Match With The Super Super / How Sir Alex Ferguson(saf) Broke His Retirement News.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.