Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,670 members, 7,955,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:55 AM

Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall (4504 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo / Tension In Anambra As 47 Boko Haram Prisoners Arrive Ekwulobia Prisons / Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by EASTSIDAZ: 11:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
South African retail chain, Shoprite has entered Anambra State in South East, Nigeria as it moves to open for business in many parts of the state, beginning with Onitsha, the state’s commercial capital.

Anambra is the fourth state Shoprite is opening shop in after Lagos, Kwara and Enugu.

Peter Obi, the Anambra State governor, laid the foundation in Onitsha recently for the construction of the shopping mall that is estimated to cost about $30 million.

The mall which will be sitting on 15,000 squares of land will be located beside the Onitsha Hotel and Convention Centre with enough space for the level of commercial activities the mall will expectedly attract.

Shoprite is expected to serve as the anchor tenant in the mall.

The project, according to a source close to the state government, is a joint venture between African Capital Alliance, a private equity firm, and the state government under the public private partnership (PPP) arrangement.

Governor Obi explained that the project was in line with his commitment to the transformation of Anambra State, which, according to him, included returning Onitsha to its past glory as the number one commercial city in Nigeria, hosting the biggest market in West Africa.

The Governor promised to provide facilities to boost activities in the area, including dualisation of Park Road, the entrance into the complex.

Obi said that the foundation for two of such malls would also be laid in Awka and Nnewi.

http://thebusinessdispatch.com/shoprite-enters-anambra-as-obi-lays-foundation-for-30m-mall/admin

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/companies-and-market/51160-shoprite-enters-anambra-as-obi-lays-foundation-for-30m-mall

Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by EASTSIDAZ: 11:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
My great state of Anambra. Good job Obi cheesy

Oh mehn..the mall is worth over N4.8 Billion..

This is real massive..

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by Nightshift(m): 11:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
Civilized shopping is finally coming to another centre of confusion like Lagos. Onitsha people will no doubt need time to adapt when the mall is ready . Nwoye igbo enwetago ife oma!
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by EASTSIDAZ: 11:44pm On Feb 08, 2013
Nightshift: Civilized shopping is finally coming to another centre of confusion like Lagos. Onitsha people will no doubt need time to adapt when the mall is ready . Nwoye igbo enwetago ife oma!

You bad belle and insecurity is always giving you away as the usual cave timid wawa man, which you guys are known for..

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by Nightshift(m): 11:48pm On Feb 08, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

You bad belle and insecurity is always giving you away as the usual cave timid wawa man, which you guys are known for..
Which one is bad belle here? Are you better than a Wawa man like me from Nkanu of all places? I'm happy for Ndi Anambra, we've got one in Coal City as well.
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by EASTSIDAZ: 11:53pm On Feb 08, 2013
Nightshift: Which one is bad belle here? Are you better than a Wawa man like me from Nkanu of all places? I'm happy for Ndi Anambra, we've got one in Coal City as well.

Nkanu? Name of animal or a place? grin grin

Btw, you ediots don't want to see any good thing elsewhere, if not what prompted you to use this phrase 'center of confusion as lagos' and nwaonye igbo enwetago ife oma', as if Onitsha and Anambra people in general have not been the master of many 'firsts' as far Nigeria is concerned..
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by Nightshift(m): 12:05am On Feb 09, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Nkanu? Name of animal or a place? grin grin

Btw, you ediots don't want to see any good thing elsewhere, if not what prompted you to use this phrase 'center of confusion as lagos' and nwaonye igbo enwetago ife oma', as if Onitsha and Anambra people in general have not been the master of many 'firsts' as far Nigeria is concerned..
I'm certainly not interested in going into unnecessary argument with you. You seem to lack simple understanding of written words. Even to understand simple Igbo i wrote is somewhat missing in you. Besides , some Igbo towns and villages have animal names - does Nnewi ring a bell in your ears? So also Nkanu?
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by EASTSIDAZ: 12:15am On Feb 09, 2013
Nightshift: I'm certainly not interested in going into unnecessary argument with you. You seem to lack simple understanding of written words. Even to understand simple Igbo i wrote is somewhat missing in you. Besides , some Igbo towns and villages have animal names - does Nnewi ring a bell in your ears? So also Nkanu?

grin grin

OK lets go back to the economic importance of Mall in our major cities..of Lagos, Enugu, Onitsha, Abuja and Port Harcourt
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by dempeople(m): 12:20am On Feb 09, 2013
@Nightshift and Eastsidaz,

As umunne Igbo, unu ekwesiro idi na-ako onu ebea. Unu kwesiri idi na-ekene Chukwu maka ifeoma dika shoprite na-abia na-alaigbo nke Onitsha.

Chukwu nonyere unu.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by EASTSIDAZ: 12:22am On Feb 09, 2013
dem_people: @Nightshift and Eastsidaz,

As umunne Igbo, unu ekwesiro idi na-ako onu ebea. Unu kwesiri idi na-ekene Chukwu maka ifeoma dika shoprite na-abia na-alaigbo nke Onitsha.

Chukwu nonyere unu.

O bu ezi okwu..dalu
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by Nightshift(m): 12:26am On Feb 09, 2013
dem_people: @Nightshift and Eastsidaz,

Chukwu nonyere unu.
No skin pain! He misunderstood me, but all is well. I will be shopping in Shoprite Onitsha as well. Olisa gozie umuigbo, ndi oma !!
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by oboy3(m): 12:29am On Feb 09, 2013
Nightshift,why the hate,?you should be happy for Anambra state
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by Nightshift(m): 12:37am On Feb 09, 2013
o'boy:
Nightshift,why the hate,?you should be happy for Anambra state
Happiness full my body for my people, Light Of The Nation .
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by oboy3(m): 12:39am On Feb 09, 2013
Nightshift: Happiness full my body for my people, Light Of The Nation .
good,mana,Osi kwa gi n'obi?
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by chino24: 7:16am On Feb 09, 2013
Business and investment environment is changing for good in Anambra cities..
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by Ogbonaikenna(m): 9:24pm On Feb 09, 2013
Good move
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by AWKAMADEGUN: 10:22am On Mar 10, 2013
Ezi okwu
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by ACM10: 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
AwkaMadeGun = Chino = Eastsidaz

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by cescadove: 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
FOUNDATION IS JUST BEING LAID, OBI HAS ABOUT ONE YEAR LEFT, UR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE !
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by manny4life(m): 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
First off, good news... This is the type of news that gladdens my heart.

Secondly, this is the kind of development that traders in Lagos should be embarking on instead of same BS from LASG all the time. Why can't the traders build similar structure in ANY SE states? The traders say they make N100billion ($650million ) daily, building an auto complex for hundreds of them will go a long way. Our orientation is changing, we're getting there...
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
A Shoprite would have been better in Abuja where he owns a Next- Cash and Carry Mall. The mall lacks merchandise.
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by aljharem(m): 10:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
Not to be petty but the report is misleading, branches of shoprite are already in Kano, Lagos, Oyo, Enugu, Kwara and Abuja. Saying it is the fourth state is a lie which is not needed, but not that it matters.
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
ACM10: AwkaMadeGun = Chino = Eastsidaz
grin grin grin grin
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by Afam4eva(m): 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2013
Even though the coming of shoprite to Onitsha will affect other small scale businesses, i think it's best cos it will make Onitsha traders to start thinking far. There's no reason why those rich Onitsha traders should not setup something similar to Shoprite.
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
Afam4eva: Even though the coming of shoprite to Onitsha will affect other small scale businesses, i think it's best cos it will make Onitsha traders to start thinking far. There's no reason why those rich Onitsha traders should not setup something similar to Shoprite.

Oga mod,may I politely ask why you banned me ??
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by SlyIg(f): 6:14am On Mar 11, 2013
Na bush track dem go take enter the shoprite? An old dirty state with no good road network, always talking business and money!
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by AustineE1: 8:47am On Mar 11, 2013
SlyIg: Na bush track dem go take enter the shoprite? An old dirty state with no good road network, always talking business and money!
one of those many pyscho's roaming the streets of Lagos!you definatly need some medications!.......Our performing governor Peter Obi pls ride on!
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by daywatcher: 9:04am On Mar 11, 2013
more processed food for the people of Anambra just to feel like westerners. What is wrong with the local markets that are there now? I know they sell more than food in Shoprite but....
Re: Shoprite Enters Anambra As Obi Lays Foundation For $30m Mall by AnitaMandy: 9:13am On Mar 11, 2013
SlyIg: Na bush track dem go take enter the shoprite? An old dirty state with no good road network, always talking business and money!
i see you ven't been to Anambra before try and visit. Don't sit in one place n talk of a place you know nothing about. Tnx

(1) (Reply)

Photo. Libya During And After Col.gaddafi / Resume Or Resign; IPOB Youths Give Nnamdi Kanu 48hrs To Come Out Of Hiding / Twitter Debt Hits $4.3 Billion As Jack Dorsey Woos Buhari To End Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.