Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? (1025 Views)

A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Chris Oyakhilome’s Theory Of Alcoholism And Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? by tpaine: 11:35am On Mar 11, 2008
Why Did the Catholic Authorities Embrace the Theory of Evolution?  Were they right in embracing the theory of evolution or are they just paying lip service to the actuality and jumping on the bandwagon to appear to be intellectually sophisticated?

If Catholics think Pope John Paul II was wrong in publicly accepting evolution, should this not shake their believe in papal infallibility?  The Apostle creed (I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church) requires Catholics to believe in the church; so do they have to just go along with the authority of the church in spite of personal reservation about evolution?

References

http://www.cuttingedge.org/n1034.html
Re: Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 11, 2008
You forget the the catholic church operates under one Law, the CANON LAW. Its is widely recognized law just like and other law. As Chatholics, we are bound not only by our beliefs in the doctrines and Jesus Christ himself, we are alos bound by a LAW!!! Just like all other laws, untill someone is able to contend it, we are all bound by it?

You know what I think tpaine, you are really in great pain!!! You are soo obsessed with christianity, you cant even think of anyother thing. Why then do you choose to castigate every know belief and practises of the church undecided What exectly do you hope to achive? undecided
Re: Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2008
tpaine:

Why Did the Catholic Authorities Embrace the Theory of Evolution? Where they right in embracing the theory of evolution or are just paying lip service to the actuality and jumping on the bandwagon to appear to be intellectually sophisticated?

If Catholics think Pope John Paul II was wrong in publicly accepting evolution, should this not shake their believe in papal infallibility? The Apostle creed (I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church) requires Catholics to believe in the church, so do they have to just go along with the authority of the church in spite of personal reservation about evolution.

References

http://www.cuttingedge.org/n1034.html
@tpaine
Since you hate Jesus and His followers so much, you should NOT base any of your arguments on the sayings of the Pope
Re: Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 13, 2008
imhotep:

@tpaine
Since you hate Jesus and His followers so much, you should NOT base any of your arguments on the sayings of the Pope

Actually the Pope is just another unsaved unbeliever, you is on the way to hell/lake of fire unless he accepts Jesus Christ as His only Lord and Saviour, by Faith.

So please imhotep, don't try to do the usual universal representation, as if Catholics are Christians simply because they are not

The book of reveletion already shows that sooner rather than later, the catholic church and its whoredom would be completely destroyed, HALLELUYA,

Its a pity a lot of lives and souls are being deceived and destroyed (Tpaine included) through the the lies and misrepresentation by the Devil through the Catholic Churhc.

Jesus Christ, please come soon, its kinda getting stuffy with all the lies and bullshit, being peddled around by I.S.L.A.M , CATHOLISM ETC
Re: Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 13, 2008
SysUser:

Actually the Pope is just another unsaved unbeliever, you is on the way to hell/lake of fire unless he accepts Jesus Christ as His only Lord and Saviour, by Faith.

So please imhotep, don't try to do the usual universal representation, as if Catholics are Christians simply because they are not

The book of reveletion already shows that sooner rather than later, the catholic church and its whoredom would be completely destroyed, HALLELUYA,

Its a pity a lot of lives and souls are being deceived and destroyed (Tpaine included) through the the lies and misrepresentation by the Devil through the Catholic Churhc.

Jesus Christ, please come soon, its kind of getting stuffy with all the lies and bullshit, being peddled around by I.S.L.A.M , CATHOLISM ETC
@Sysuser
Stop wasting your time. Powerful empires and sects have tried for over 2000 years to de-stabilize the Catholic Church (communist russia, nazi germany, communist china, roman emperors, etc etc). The Catholic Church keeps waxing stronger because it is the bride of Christ.

You will add more value to yourself by visiting the sick, the prisoners, the poor, the lepers and all outcasts of society. Comfort them in thier suffering and pray for them.

The only result you can get from attacking the Catholic church is your own increased confusion.
Re: Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? by Psoul(m): 11:10am On Mar 13, 2008
imhotep:

@Sysuser
Stop wasting your time. Powerful empires and sects have tried for over 2000 years to de-stabilize the Catholic Church (communist russia, nazi germany, communist china, roman emperors, etc etc). The Catholic Church keeps waxing stronger because it is the bride of Christ.

You will add more value to yourself by visiting the sick, the prisoners, the poor, the lepers and all outcasts of society. Comfort them in their suffering and pray for them.

The only result you can get from attacking the Catholic church is your own increased confusion.

Who r those people pretending that Catholic Church is Holier dan Christ Himself, Have u been able to read some of the attrocities committed by Catholic heads against fellow Christians and non-Christians. What happened to TITANIC, Is it not The Catholic that planed the sinking of Titanic (The Jesuits) Just to eliminate the Three Richest Men in the world who refused to bow to their evil plane of establishing Federal Reserve Bank wher they will accumulate enof fund for their evil plans. Is it not the same Jesuits (Catholics) the planned and executed the 1st World War.
Why Pretending that dey are Holy, Daz a secret Cult my man, Can u imagin Pope telling the world that he is the God in this world, I really pity him.

Re: Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 13, 2008
Psoul:
Who r those people pretending that Catholic Church is Holier dan Christ Himself, Have u been able to read some of the attrocities committed by Catholic heads against fellow Christians and non-Christians. What happened to TITANIC, Is it not The Catholic that planed the sinking of Titanic (The Jesuits) Just to eliminate the Three Richest Men in the world who refused to bow to their evil plane of establishing Federal Reserve Bank wher they will accumulate enof fund for their evil plans. Is it not the same Jesuits (Catholics) the planned and executed the 1st World War.
Why Pretending that dey are Holy, Daz a secret Cult my man, Can u imagin Pope telling the world that he is the God in this world, I really pity him.
@Psoul

Stop increasing your bitterness and confusion. There have been may lousy stories about the Catholic church -- just as there are many lousy stories about Christ (the Master of the Catholic Church).

The Church will keep growing in leaps and bounds. The lousy stories will keep contradicting each other and frustrating their authors.
Re: Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2008
imhotep:

@Psoul

Stop increasing your bitterness and confusion. There have been may lousy stories about the Catholic church -- just as there are many lousy stories about Christ (the Master of the Catholic Church).

The Church will keep growing in leaps and bounds. The lousy stories will keep contradicting each other and frustrating their authors.

Catholic church needs to embrace evolution to maintain its power over unbelievers, or else a kingdom divided against itself would not stand,

Associating yourself with Christ, how pathetic, despite that the very words of Christ shows you for who you are (sons of belial and the Great LovePeddler of Revelation)

, its really very sad, that another soul is going to be lost to the devil unless God in is mercies decides to show you mercy and allow you to be saved,
Re: Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2008
Sysuser:
Catholic church needs to embrace evolution to maintain its power over unbelievers, or else a kingdom divided against itself would not stand,
Another bedtime story that will be as ineffective as the others.

Sysuser:
Associating yourself with Christ
Yes, I know its hard for you --- but it is true,

Sysuser:
how pathetic, despite that the very words of Christ shows you for who you are (sons of belial and the Great LovePeddler of Revelation)
Bad biblical scholarship ====> the great protestant achievement.

Sysuser:
, its really very sad, that another soul is going to be lost to the devil unless God in is mercies decides to show you mercy and allow you to be saved,
From someone who has never seen God, and who reads a distorted, twisted version of the bible!!!!
Re: Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2008
imhotep:

Another bedtime story that will be as ineffective as the others.
Yes, I know its hard for you --- but it is true,
Bad biblical scholarship ====> the great protestant achievement.
From someone who has never seen God, and who reads a distorted, twisted version of the bible!!!!

Verbal Semantics, NOT Suprised grin

Anyway its funny that you are talking about having a twisted bible when you said.

Hmmm, funny to know that catholics were the ones who changed and added to the Word of God by having their bible to say what God did not say, (all in the bid to continue their idol worship of mary, who is also a sinner that has to be redeemed by Jesus Christ) , How pathetic
Here are a few extracts from your so called "Catholic Bible" (The Douay Rheims Bible)

3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed; she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

WHAT >>>WHAT >>>>WHAT>>>>>>>>>>

This is in contrast to the fact that the "True Bible" correctly said that:

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

How pathetic that your statement is in itself A Classic case of the Church of Satan doing everything in its power to maintain and sustain the idol worship of Semeremis "mary goddess", yet you can't seem to see that you are referring to yourself and catholism when you say that people twist the bible.
Re: Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2008
Sysuser:
Hmmm, funny to know that catholics were the ones who changed and added to the Word of God by having their bible to say what God did not say, (all in the bid to continue their idol worship of mary, who is also a sinner that has to be redeemed by Jesus Christ) , How pathetic
Here are a few extracts from your so called "Catholic Bible" (The Douay Rheims Bible)

3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed; she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

WHAT >>>WHAT >>>>WHAT>>>>>>>>>>

This is in contrast to the fact that the "True Bible" correctly said that:

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
@Sysuser
The true bible is a collection of books written in numerous languages = koine Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic etc.
The protestants are too lazy to study these languages, so they keep distorting their distorted bible.

Once again, more fairy tales that are as ineffective as ever.

Sysuser:
How pathetic that your statement is in itself A Classic case of the Church of Satan doing everything in its power to maintain and sustain the idol worship of Semeremis "mary goddess", yet you can't seem to see that you are referring to yourself and catholism when you say that people twist the bible.
@Sysuser
Small wonder your Cele brothers mix their distorted bible with juju. Biblical scholars indeed!!
Re: Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? by Psoul(m): 10:01am On Mar 14, 2008
imhotep:

@Psoul

Imhotep

There is no contradiction in d histories. Evidence abound that will prove that the stories are real. Do u remember wen ur Pope try to appologise to d whole world for attrocities meted to both Christians and non Christians by Catholic.
Can u tell me who the Jesuit order are. Give me d name of pple that established the Federal Reserve and let me prove to u dat dey are Catholics. Do u believe dat the Pope is INFALABLE? If yes then it means dat our Christ is a liar or alternatively, Pope is Christ.Pls shine ur eyes and lets tell ourselfs d truth.
Re: Why Did The Catholic Authorities Embrace The Theory Of Evolution? by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 14, 2008
Psoul:
Do u remember when your Pope try to appologise to d whole world for attrocities meted to both Christians and non Christians by Catholic.
Yes. What has that got to do with the theory of evolution (that looks like a religion)

Psoul:
Can u tell me who the Jesuit order are.
Beautiful people. 35 craters on the moon are named after Jesuit priests.
We are in the information age, stop relying on conspiracy theories. Do some research, search the internet. Visit http://www.jesuit.org for starters.
You can also check for a list of Jesuits who have made headline here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famous_Jesuits

There is nothing secret about the Jesuits (officially -> Society of Jesus)

Psoul:
Give me d name of people that established the Federal Reserve and let me prove to u that dey are Catholics.
More bedtime stories and fairy tales.

Psoul:
Do u believe that the Pope is INFALABLE?
Yes. I believe.

Psoul:
If yes then it means that our Christ is a liar or alternatively, Pope is Christ.Please shine your eyes and lets tell ourselfs d truth.
It does not follow. Go and find out the real meaning of infallibility as defined by Vatican Council I.

(1) (Reply)

Please Recommend A Church In Abuja With Few Offerings + No House Visit Requests / Worst Places For Christians / Ebible Xtra: The Sleekest Talking Bible: A Must Have For Every Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.