Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:32 AM

Caveat Emptor - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Caveat Emptor (4151 Views)

Caveat Emptor / Caveat Emptor: China Phones Exploding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caveat Emptor by tpia5: 7:08am On Feb 09, 2013
I understand you people have moved most of your online interactions to pm and yim.

Be aware anyone who claims to be doing any interaction in my name [claiming they know me or whatever], is doing so on their own cognizance and this has nothing to do with me.

I cannot prevent anyone from engaging in their usual routine gossip, script/role acting, and/or lies, that's not my business and i dont control anyone's mouth, but this thread is a warning to those who might want to take nlers at face value and be trying to involve this moniker in their scams.

mods dont touch this, thanks.
Re: Caveat Emptor by tpia5: 7:11am On Feb 09, 2013
Caveat emptor (pron.: /ˌkæviːɑːt ˈɛmptɔr/) is Latin for "Let the buyer beware"
Re: Caveat Emptor by Gboliwe: 9:38pm On Feb 09, 2013
tpia@:
I understand you people have moved most of your online interactions to pm and yim.

Be aware anyone who claims to be doing any interaction in my name [claiming they know me or whatever], is doing so on their own cognizance and this has nothing to do with me.

I cannot prevent anyone from engaging in their usual routine gossip, script/role acting, and/or lies, that's not my business and i dont control anyone's mouth, but this thread is a warning to those who might want to take nlers at face value and be trying to involve this moniker in their scams.

mods dont touch this, thanks.
hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Caveat Emptor by maclatunji: 10:56am On Feb 14, 2013
Nice.
Re: Caveat Emptor by tpia5: 10:42pm On Mar 24, 2013
anybody claiming to have my bb pin, you're on your own.
Re: Caveat Emptor by Gboliwe: 9:00am On Mar 25, 2013
Wish me well, pronounce your blessings on me Tpia@. Today is my birthday.

2 Likes

Re: Caveat Emptor by Freiburger(m): 9:14am On Mar 25, 2013
Gboliwe: Today is my birthday.
But your name is not listed on today's celebrant.
All the same, wishing you a´happy birthday.
Re: Caveat Emptor by Gboliwe: 9:21am On Mar 25, 2013
Freiburger:
But your name is not listed on today's celebrant.
All the same, wishing you a a´happy birthday.
Thank you.
It is possible I didn't include it during registration just like I didn't include my gender. I cannot remember anyway
Re: Caveat Emptor by maclatunji: 10:23am On Mar 25, 2013
^Happy birthday, I wish you long life, prosperity and more of God's blessings.
Re: Caveat Emptor by Gboliwe: 11:29am On Mar 25, 2013
maclatunji: ^Happy birthday, I wish you long life, prosperity and more of God's blessings.
thank you very much.
Re: Caveat Emptor by r231(m): 3:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
Gboliwe: Wish me well, pronounce your blessings on me Tpia@. Today is my birthday.

Happy Birthday madam
Re: Caveat Emptor by Gboliwe: 3:21pm On Mar 25, 2013
Thank You our Prince
Re: Caveat Emptor by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
A thread by an apologist for scammers.
Rubbish.
Wiser for you to tell your auntie Wunmi to pay up all her debts,and stop scamming and cheating!

4 Likes

Re: Caveat Emptor by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
Very deluded OP.

2 Likes

Re: Caveat Emptor by tpia5: 4:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
Wbb.

The thread is not for conversation plz.

Opinions are not needed.

Anyone with questions or comments on other matters can post them elsewhere.
Re: Caveat Emptor by tpia5: 5:54pm On Apr 09, 2013
back to topic:

one modus operandi is to create bogus sites or blogs using someone's name or a variation of it, and post fake write ups involving the targeted person.

eg:

An elaborate hoax targeting Pastor Joel Osteen gained wide attention Monday, after those behind the hoax used Twitter, YouTube, and other social media to spread spurious claims that the pastor had renounced his faith and would close his huge Texas church.

To perpetrate the hoax, a convincing media "bubble" was constructed, complete with a fake Twitter feed (that's now been suspended) and a website that duplicated the look of Osteen's actual site — but with one "e" in the pastor's last name in the URL address. The website was not available for part of Monday afternoon, seemingly a victim not of punitive action but of over-loaded servers.

The fake site featured a letter titled "I am leaving the Christian faith," in which the person posing as Osteen thanked his wife, his congregation, "the State of Texas and my close friends, Oprah Winfrey and Larry King, for all of our support over the years."

The hoax was bolstered by a YouTube video that included mock-up images of the websites of CNN, Drudge Report, and Yahoo — all with headlines blaring the false news that Osteen had repudiated Christianity. The video was uploaded by "ChristianityNews," via an account that seems to have been set up earlier this month.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/04/08/176606502/pastor-joel-osteen-is-the-target-of-a-complex-online-hoax
Re: Caveat Emptor by tpia5: 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
A domain search for the registration of the fake "Osten Ministries" site reveals that it was created on April 1, 2013, and registered to an entity listed as BMG Enterprises in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. At the time of this post, an email to the contact person listed for the site had not been answered.
Re: Caveat Emptor by tpia5: 6:03pm On Apr 09, 2013
these are not harmless jokes.

they are a very real and ongoing threat/danger, and are just being used as the precursor to the actual strike.

red herring, so to speak.
Re: Caveat Emptor by Gboliwe: 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
Its your loss you failed to honor my request tpia.
I thought and hoped that for once you could have an opportunity to say something nice to a nairalander.
stop being so stiff.
Re: Caveat Emptor by coogar: 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
tpia@:
these are not harmless jokes.

they are a very real and ongoing threat/danger, and are just being used as the precursor to the actual strike.

red herring, so to speak.

shut up, tpia
take your heroin-induced paranoia out of nairaland. you are about the only member that is chased by ritualists, witches/wizards, sorcerers, armed robbers, hackers, kidnappers. you are grossly deluded. no one is interested in whatever you think you have got - it's all in your head.

14 Likes

Re: Caveat Emptor by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 10, 2013
Could somebody/something please have mercy on all the members of this forum and have s/e/x with this deluded woman and put her out of her misery.

11 Likes

Re: Caveat Emptor by Paschal007: 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2013
tpia@:
anybody claiming to have my bb pin, you're on your own.
Tpia nne m, can i have your bb pin? grin

3 Likes

Re: Caveat Emptor by segzicres(m): 4:48pm On May 03, 2013
Its obvious that you look terrible witout makeup, thats enoug for your brain to process that you need makeup all the time, even when u wanna goto bed angry

1 Like

Re: Caveat Emptor by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
grin
What a wonderful thread!!!

2 Likes

Re: Caveat Emptor by homesteady(m): 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2013
Richvkunt: Could somebody/something please have mercy on all the members of this forum and have s/e/x with this deluded woman and put her out of her misery.

gringringrin

#chai!
Re: Caveat Emptor by Kanwulia: 5:30am On Oct 27, 2013
DELETED!!!!

Wrong section!
Wrong thread! kiss
Re: Caveat Emptor by tpia1: 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
anyone gossiping, spreading rumours and innuendo about me, may destruction constantly follow your life as you do so in Jesus Name.
Re: Caveat Emptor by homesteady(m): 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Caveat Emptor by sholay2011(m): 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
tpia1: anyone gossiping, spreading rumours and innuendo about me, may destruction constantly follow your life as you do so in Jesus Name.
grin grin grin I dey feel you jare.
Re: Caveat Emptor by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
shocked I've never seen this kind of thing before in my life! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Caveat Emptor by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 23, 2013
Could somebody/something please have mercy on all the members of this forum and have s/e/x with this deluded woman and put her out of her misery.
i am willing o.
Tpaih baby sweetus oyoyos, chk my profile

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Destiny Be Changed Or Destroyed? / NNPC Mega Station Turns MAMU Oil Overnight. / Some Amazing Facts You Might Not Know!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.