Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? (1373 Views)

Cleaner Earns N375,000 Monthly In Niger State – Investigation / Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff / Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? by shoturtrap(m): 9:34am On Feb 09, 2013
Am scared with the way things are going in this country. Am currently working with a government firm and they pay me N140k monthly. I really wanna relax and plan my life and also invest heavily cos I love to be an employer of labor. Though they are promising to increase it to N200k or above b4 the end of the year. My question here is, should I settle for this job? Or still be looking out for better ones like the ones in oil firms or is this a very nice offer? Looking at the fact that I wanna save a lot in order to invest an start up my own company. Is this job good for such dreams or project and while doing it make plans to settle and raise a family and a wife which I won't like to see them lack for one day. Is this job cool for that?
Matured minds pls. I need answeres
Re: Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? by clily: 9:58am On Feb 09, 2013
Ur realy a funny dude..Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ dis supposed 2 be a question or wat..u hv a job dat pays u as much as 140k n promised 2 increase it 2 200k yet ur complainin, do u knw hw many graduates out there jobless for yrs and can do anytin 2 get a job..abeg park well jor

1 Like

Re: Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? by obo389(m): 10:05am On Feb 09, 2013
undecided no resign frm d job u hear!Oliver ask for mre...
Som ve food bt cannot eat,
Som can eat bt ve no food,
U ve food&u can eat
So go&tnk ur God for dt.
Tink of hw many million graduates out thre lukn4dt ur job ur nt contented wit.
I tink u dnt knw wht it means been in d labour mkt!!

3 Likes

Re: Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? by 2sexy(m): 10:07am On Feb 09, 2013
clily: Ur realy a funny dude..Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ dis supposed 2 be a question or wat..u hv a job dat pays u as much as 140k n promised 2 increase it 2 200k yet ur complainin, do u knw hw many graduates out there jobless for yrs and can do anytin 2 get a job..abeg park well jor
He is in for the money. The earlier people resort to building a career, the better for them...

Some people earn just 50k. You earn 140k and u are complaining...

1 Like

Re: Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? by bibinwaka: 10:44am On Feb 09, 2013
guy resign, the pay 2 small. but b4 u do direct me 2d office. mtcheeeew.
Re: Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? by Djicemob: 10:46am On Feb 09, 2013
Mr man! Pls quit.btw ur thread looks like u jus cooking sometin up so as to get some attention or respect,well bad news my frnd it isn't workin.
Re: Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? by sholajohn(f): 11:06am On Feb 09, 2013
Shot Ur Trap, jst lyk your name. Apparently you r jobless and lookin 4 attention
Re: Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? by imeller: 12:05pm On Feb 09, 2013
You guys should take it easy on this guy, he is just asking you a honest question and he really needs you advice, with the Economic situation of the country 140k is not what it used to be, pls guys take it easy on the guy.
Re: Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? by shoturtrap(m): 1:28pm On Feb 09, 2013
I never forced any of u to comment neither did I put a gun to ur head. That's one thing wrong with nigerians. Well thanks all those who gave a nice advise. U don't know me and I don't think I need ur attention for any reason. This question has been bothering me cos I was looking at settling down as a man and also having to save to achieve my personal goals.
A friend told me its still small at that amount (140k) that's why I asked. Don't need ur attention. That's why I said matured minds only.
Looking at nigerias economy, u will understand why and the reason I asked this question. A man in nigeria need to build his own house, buy a nice moderate car atleast, maintain his wife and children, not toi talk of extended family and other miscellenous expenses. Pls if u don't know what to say, my name is SHUT UR TRAP just do that for me.
Pls other married and mature minded people. Gist me. Is it ok to achieve such things I listed above with such a salary?
Thanks for ur advises
Re: Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? by sixteen08(m): 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2013
MR SHUT UR TRAP....if u av a job dat pays 140k I guess there is a sizeable amount of responsibility attached 2 ur job function,with that I don't expect a mere comment from a frend who said d pay is small is more dan enuf reason 2 take life changin decisions with far reaching consequences. I tink its better 2 ask ursef questions like
1.What really satisfy me?
2.Where do u see ursef in 5yrs?
3.Wats ur definition of success??
And many more.....ur man enuf 2 navigate ur life's ship so be a man and dig deep in order 2 come up wit rational solutions 2 ur so called" dilemma....God b with U

My 2cents
Re: Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? by sixteen08(m): 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2013
No mind ma typos dem *no time*
Re: Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? by Raphtop(m): 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2013
If u like work and be paid 140m, that is ur business. When people are hustling to be paid 40k, you are there talking non.sense.
Mtchewwwwwwww
Re: Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2013
shot ur trap: I never forced any of u to comment neither did I put a gun to ur head. That's one thing wrong with nigerians. Well thanks all those who gave a nice advise. U don't know me and I don't think I need ur attention for any reason. This question has been bothering me cos I was looking at settling down as a man and also having to save to achieve my personal goals.
A friend told me its still small at that amount (140k) that's why I asked. Don't need ur attention. That's why I said matured minds only.
Looking at nigerias economy, u will understand why and the reason I asked this question. A man in nigeria need to build his own house, buy a nice moderate car atleast, maintain his wife and children, not toi talk of extended family and other miscellenous expenses. Pls if u don't know what to say, my name is SHUT UR TRAP just do that for me.
Pls other married and mature minded people. Gist me. Is it ok to achieve such things I listed above with such a salary?
Thanks for ur advises
I understand your frustration towards the responses but you need to understand that you are asking this question in an environment with high rate of unemployment. Many people here are struggling to earn a living so try to be empathetic.
I understand you, bro. 140k is small. Can't really achieve much with that, though it depends on your location and the size of your ambition.
My first advice: be optimistic and grateful in every situation. Be positive. 140k may be small, but you can still achieve a lot if you are positive. So, learn not to complain about your salary. Instead look for ways to improve your earnings.
Second advice: it is not easy to get a job in Nigeria, let alone, an oil and gas jobs. Have a game plan, especially with respect to finance and business ideas. I believe if you have strong and convincing business ideas, you will progress despite current financial challenges
Third advice: the feeling of discontent is natural and normal. No man wants to remain at the same spot forever. Learn to manage the little you have now. If you can't manage 140k p/m in this present economy, I assure you that you won't be able to manage 1 million p/m.
Fourth: Try and network. Make conscious effort to know people and increase your self-worth. Garner as much experience as possible in your present employment and improve your marketability. Improve your communication and social skills. Develop soft skills that will help you both in and outside the job.
Fifth: if possible, get another job (though it's not easy o). There are quite a few jobs that pay far better than 140k. But I'm not asking you to resign this one oh. A bird at hand is better than two in the bush. But always remember that entrepreneurship is more about your ideas and determination, and not just about how much you have to fund it.
These are all I can remember as at now. If I remember any other info, I will get across.
Best of luck
NB. I may make typographical errors 'cos I typed from my phone. Bear with me.

1 Like

Re: Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly? by shoturtrap(m): 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2013
@x-fire and sixteen08, GOD be with u people for ur kind advise. Just wish u people were close to me than just being members of this forum. May GOD almighty send people to advise and render help to you two when u are in need too. Thx amigos

(1) (Reply)

20 Common Mistakes People Make In Their 20s / 7 Online Certification That Can Earn You Serious Money From Home! / See How I Earned $700 Online Today From This Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.