Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” (27330 Views)

funny picture of Mamadou Sakho Of Liverpool Dancing Skelewu / Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC / Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by honeric01(m): 3:26pm On Feb 09, 2013
Supersport International has suspended controversial soccer analyst Mamadou Gaye following a complaint by ‘powerful’ FAZ president Kalusha Bwalya and other officials from the Confederations of African Football.

Mamadou was blunt about Zambia’s dubious penalty against Nigeria on January 25 calling it “bogus” and a “shame” to the standards of officiating in Africa.

The Ivorian commentator, one of the most popular penalist on SuperSport, accused Kalusha – a CAF executive committee member – of being a blue-eyed boy of Issa Hayatou while on set.

Mamadou alleged that Kalusha’s closeness to Hayatou – the longtime CAF president – had earned Chipolopolo some favours from referees.

Zambia were gifted a rather controversial penalty in a Group C fixture against Nigeria which leveled scorers at 1-all with goalkeeper Kennedy Mweene stepping up to expertly convert the spot-kick and snatch a point for the team five minutes from full time.

Mamadou, who was in the Randburg Studios in South Africa for match analysis, did not have kind words for Egyptian referee Ghead Grisha and the CAF leadership.

Kalusha immediately responded via twitter calling Mamadou “stupid” and lacking in football understanding.

Kalusha twitted on January 25, 2013, “…just goes to show that Mamadou does not know anything about Football. He should talk about Cote DIvoire and not Zambia. Stupid really.”

It did not just end with that twitter message. The ‘all powerful’ Kalusha, who has a reputation of intimidating sports journalists in Zambia thanks to some compromised sports editors, descended on top Supersport management demanding Mamadou’s expulsion from the panel of expert analysts.

Sources say FAZ also organized individuals to write threatening emails to Supersport demanding the expulsion of Mamadou from the panel of experts analyzing the Africa Cup of Nations. According to the sources, FAZ was determined to organize a gang of people to storm SuperSport offices and fish Mamadou out using force if SuperSport did not yield to their demands.

And SuperSport obliged to protect the business interest of their partnership with the Zambian Super League sponsorship sacrificing the frank-talking Mamadou from the set.

Head of communications at SuperSport Clinton van de Berg, when contacted by bolazambia, could neither deny nor confirm Mamadou’s suspension saying; “Mamadou Gaye is a freelance analyst on SuperSport and we reserve the prerogative to schedule him as and when the need arises.”

Mamadou was reluctant to discuss his suspension when contacted by telephone.

“I was booked to do certain games for the Africa Cup [but] I was just called not to come to studio in the meantime,” he said.

When asked if the sudden stop to appear on set had anything to do with his stance on Zambia, Kalusha and CAF, the Ivorian football consult responded; “If you contact offices of Supersport, they will give you a better story.”

Further pressed to explain his hatred for Zambia and Kalusha, Mamadou said he only spoke his mind based on his understanding of football and stressed he has been one of the keen supporters of the 1988-African Footballer of the Year.

“I don’t hate Zambia. Why?” he asked, “I was a big supporter of Kalusha as a former player when he came into FAZ and CAF Exco.”

Mamadou said he was now disappointed with Kalusha's behaviour because he was playing wrong politics with the Hayatou clique.

He said most disappointing was Kalusha’s strong campaign for Hayatou to be a CAF life president which led to the change in provisions of the body’s statutes on eligibility to contest the presidency. Hayatou has been CAF president since 1988 and is set to get a four-year mandate in March 2013.

CAF recently changed the statutes stating that only executive committee members can contest the presidency, a development that was aimed at blocking Ivorian Jacques Anouma and South African Danny Jordaan from challenging the Cameroonian in March 2013.

“I stick to my principles and Kalusha disappointed me and a lot of other people. He was the one campaigning to keep Hayatou forever [in office]. He was the main campaigner.

“When you get into wrong politics, you forget the essentials. Now decisions are won in the board and it’s reflecting on Chipolopolo.”

Kalusha or his spokesperson Erick Mwanza did not immediately respond to a bolazambia press query via electronic mail (e-mail).

http://www.bolazambia.com/index.php/national-teams/160-kalusha-gets-mamadou-suspended-from-supersport-calls-analyst-stupid?fb_comment_id=fbc_330892450350869_1595393_332198600220254#f28b24c9b

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Chanchit: 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2013
Laffing and rolling on the fan.

This one na Zambia Vs ivorie coast final o, but na Ivorie coast be the under dog.

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by obi4eze(m): 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2013
... and Zambia didn't make it to the final.
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by alaoeri: 7:02pm On Feb 09, 2013
So all these jagajaga/circus thing isn't happening in Nigeria alone. Na wah oh.
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Clemzy16(m): 7:02pm On Feb 09, 2013
Na dem sabi. . . Na mak super eagles bring the cup come we country so ah go tak am drink water nai concern me. Coz no cup no valentine!!

2 Likes

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by aieromon(m): 7:06pm On Feb 09, 2013
Its no secret that Gaye has issues with Hayatou. He was so vocal during the post match analysis that Charles was forced to cut him short on more than one occasion. Gaye never agreed that Zambia deserved to win Ivory Coast in the 2012 AFCON and he stuck to his opinion whenever the issue was raised up.

Whether Kalusha likes it or not,that penalty was a very soft one and the officiating in this year's AFCON has been a phucking disgrace(apologies to D.Drogba).

6 Likes

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by outrage: 7:07pm On Feb 09, 2013
I actually remember the day, he was just accusing CAF on live tv anyhow, when he wnated or was talking they will just cut him off. I knew something like this was going to happen. After that dey he has not returned to the show, its obvious that they cut him off.

Na wa o! So someone can not air his opinion?

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by TableLeg(m): 7:09pm On Feb 09, 2013
Disgraceful

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Ibangap(m): 7:12pm On Feb 09, 2013
Am busy now wit d southampton vs man.city match. Contact me later 4 my comment on d dis issue.

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
Some people just can't take the truth this guy has been yabbing nigeria since the time of john the baptist and we have not done anything and now because you feel you know the law and you are jealous that you wouldn't be representing africa you take laws into your hands

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by ad84ada(m): 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
The penalty was silly jor. I hope no kalusha here sha
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2013
In as much as none of them are Nigerian, ii don't give a ffuck..

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 09, 2013
Thank God that somebody could speak against this barbaric and clueless romance with Issa Hayatou that has taken African football 10 years backward.How i wish Hayatou will just fall sick maybe that will make him abort his plans for life Presidency and thus the beginning of the rapid growth in African Football.Can you imagine a man leading an organisation for 25 years without meaningful innovations and growth?SMH African football really in the highway to the grave with a dumbwitts like Hayatou,Kalusha and Co

4 Likes

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 09, 2013
I thought as much. I was wondering why the guy hasn't appeared among the panelist since the day he attacked CAF and bad officiating.
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 09, 2013
Soccer africa no go dey interesting again oooo.
I was hoping to see idah peterside eat them all alive, especially that gay from south africa.

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 09, 2013
Why invite an analyst(s) if you do not want him to call the game(s) as he sees it?
Gaye is controversial,but he generally spits the truth.
Every African football fan knows that Hayatou has over stayed his welcome and that under his watch,while African football might have improved,it is a known fact that CAF is riddled with corruption and maladministration,just like FIFA under his friend and co traveller Josep Blatter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by 1shortblackboy: 7:32pm On Feb 09, 2013
Why. Super sports just shun mamadou like that na ? Mamadou always speaks d truth even if he's always harsh on d super eagles.d idah and mamadou combo is wat makes soCcer Africa interesting
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by grafikii: 7:35pm On Feb 09, 2013
Like fifa, like Caf, pdp association

3 Likes

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Emmyk(m): 7:37pm On Feb 09, 2013
What can I say?
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by nerodenero: 7:44pm On Feb 09, 2013
I think they were issues between the pair before the Ivorian's constructive criticism over the penalty given to the Zambians.Dirty politics here!
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 09, 2013
What happened to freedom of speech. The Analyst said what he felt about Kalusha so there is nothing wrong with that.
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by EdosaGreat(m): 7:51pm On Feb 09, 2013
Ibhahohokua!
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by elampiro(m): 7:55pm On Feb 09, 2013
Ibanga p: Am busy now wit d southampton vs man.city match. Contact me later 4 my comment on d dis issue.

Despite referee trying to help City, they are losing 1-3. Lol
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Eazeee(m): 8:04pm On Feb 09, 2013
Each time i c people 4rom dis tiny African nations outplaying Nigeria in international politics,i only but weep 4 d so called giant of africa. Who da hell is kalusha Bwalya? Who da hell is Zambia? Anyway our leaders are just local champions corruption-wise

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by metti(m): 8:13pm On Feb 09, 2013
tongue
Ibanga p: Am busy now wit d southampton vs man.city match. Contact me later 4 my comment on d dis issue.
Mumu! who needs ur comment? tongue

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Hemanwel(m): 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2013
Kalusha fall my hand!
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Ibangap(m): 8:34pm On Feb 09, 2013
metti: tongue
Mumu! who needs ur comment? tongue
U dey mad ni, if no be say SOTON make my belle sweet me now u 4 gerrit hot frm me now. Nansence.

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:35pm On Feb 09, 2013
Mamadou Gaye is just like Nigeria's Oma Akatugba. He is a blunt analyst.
Reading that part that's saying FAZ ll bring a gang to pick Gaye in the studios of Supersport is not speaking well about FAZ & Kalusha.

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by dominique(f): 8:55pm On Feb 09, 2013
I always admire Mamodu Gaye's bluntness whenever he analyses matches even if he's against Nigeria. Most times he speaks the truth and we all know the truth is a bitter pill for some people to swallow. Hope this doesn't mark a end to his career.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teams That Need To Win Today In The Premier League Final Fixture / Rudiger Sign For Chelsea Fc For A Fee Of 34m From Roma (massage To Fans & Video) / Obafemi Martins Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.