Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Noisome Night - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Noisome Night (572 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Noisome Night by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 10, 2013
Hi guys, I'm new here, but here is one of my stories. Let me know what you think:

Shogo

Shogo ran as much as his empty stomach would allow, looking for the pharmacy he knew was somewhere around. He prayed that it was still open. He had just entered the street where the pharmacy was when he saw about ten men running and shouting, holding clubs and sticks. He didn’t want to get caught up in what was going on, so he turned and ran back in the direction he came from. Suddenly, from behind him he heard:

“That’s him! Catch him!”

Dejo and Mumini

Dejo arrived ninety minutes late, still groggy and scratching his body. Mumini looked at him with open disdain, although Dejo did not see his face, if he did, he didn’t care. He murmured a greeting and Mumini murmured one right back.

“Dejo, why don’t you leave this work for those who can actually do it?”

“Huh?” Dejo replied distractedly

“You’re not vigilante material; you come late, you sleep through the night and you insist on holding the only gun that works!”

“Go and buy your own gun nau, why are you making noise in my ear, please let me get some rest before work begins.”

“One day, I will show you. You won’t last long here; you’ll probably get shot in your stupid sleep one of these days by armed robbers.”

“It is you that will get shot, you wicked man.”

“Ok, we shall see who gets shot.”

Shadow

Shadow walked stealthily, keeping to the dark corners and the little spaces between tightly packed houses; he couldn’t afford to get mixed up with the mob. NEPA was on his side tonight; most of the area was dark. As their shouts got closer, he froze, and sank further into the darkness, trying to remember exactly where he blew it. He thought he had it all in control:

“Shut up!” he had yelled at the screaming lady, getting off her and fumbling with his pants zipper. “I say shut up!” he had yelled again, this time, accentuating his command with the butt of his gun to her head. The lady had let out a cry of pain and had fallen silent. He had turned to kick her husband, who had been lying face down, sweating and crying uncontrollably. “Thank you for your hospitality, sir. Not everyone would let me take their money, jewellery and their wife. You’ve been a good sport.” He said mockingly. He then shoved his gun in the back of his pants and picked the bulging envelope containing his loot. “Now, keep your face on the ground or I shoot you, you hear?” He had gotten to the door and stopped to look around. He had considered taking some more things, but there was no way he wouldn’t get noticed carrying a TV box; the jewellery and money would have to do. The husband had risked a look up, and had seen that he was still at the door. Shadow had reached for his gun and the man had cowered, pleading for his life.

“Click”

“Click, click, click”

The gun was empty...

Continued here: http://radsimply./2013/02/10/noisome-night/

(1) (Reply)

The War Of Umbrellas / Dear Professor Sir(criticism Needed Please) / Oginni And Albert Aderemi Adedoyin Foundation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.