Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,688 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick (13155 Views)

Code For MTN Free Calls For International Calls / Is There Hope For The Sick In Nigeria? / Campaigners Calls For Ban On Killer Robots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by Goldie20: 4:50am On Feb 10, 2013
A new high tech tattoo may soon be your saving grace the next time you fall ill.

Woven of gold and silk, this temporary skin embossing could detect things like bacterial infections and let others know you’re sick.

This is the brainchild of Princeton professor Michael McAlpine, who recently received a grant through his university to expedite his research and make antenna tattoos a reality.

The engineering professor says he got the idea while reading about a woman who suddenly had an asthma attack at a grocery store.

‘She couldn’t breathe enough to tell first-responders what was wrong, but she had a tattoo on her arm that said she had asthma,’ McAlpine told Times of Trenton. ‘I thought, if she can have a passive tattoo that says “I have asthma,” why not have an active tattoo that can continuously track your health?’

McAlpine’s hope is that, now that he has grant funding, he will soon be testing his invention in hospitals.

He also hopes to lengthen the time the tattoo’s antenna, which can wash off with water, will stay on the body.

And this isn’t the first time McAlpine has thought up novel ways to detect disease in the body.

Last year, he and his team of researchers reported they’d found a way to test’s one’s breath for evidence of disease.

By placing a super thin form of carbon called graphene along with disease sensing peptides on a strip and ‘tattooing’ it onto teeth, they were able to detect infection and transit the data it to medical personnel.

It seems that McAlpine and his team have now taken their ‘tooth tattoo’ a step further and are exploring new and more innovative ways to put their research to use.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275997/Tattoo-calls-help-fall-ill-researchers-believe-coming-arm-near-soon.html#ixzz2KSrqamHE

Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by FXKing2012(m): 6:46am On Feb 10, 2013
This is a microchip being given a different name to deceive people; this is the mark of the beast as prophesied in the Bible, pls run run run from it. This is end-time sign, wish my people would be wise enough to see the real aim.

29 Likes

Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by ffo(m): 5:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
FXKing2012: This is a microchip being given a different name to deceive people; this is the mark of the beast as prophesied in the Bible, pls run run run from it. This is end-time sign, wish my people would be wise enough to see the real aim.

seconded
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by omoodeogere(m): 5:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
3RD to comment
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by noskeybaba: 5:46pm On Feb 11, 2013
This is indeed the signs of end time. Change your ways while you still can. As for me? The Lord is my strength.

1 Like

Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by ebamma(m): 5:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
FXKing2012: This is a microchip being given a different name to deceive people; this is the mark of the beast as prophesied in the Bible, pls run run run from it. This is end-time sign, wish my people would be wise enough to see the real aim.
You see wetin too much garri dey cause?

22 Likes

Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by Manshakk(m): 5:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
5th to comment - NO COMMENT
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by chuckdelis: 5:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
Abeg na hw much i cant wait! grin lolz

1 Like

Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by YellowMosquito(m): 5:49pm On Feb 11, 2013

I just wanted to say that too when I saw the topic without going through the post but with the post and picture glaring fully at me... Well, Minion and Hades can go to hell but the fact remains that this tattoo aint ordinary. Fvcking mark of the beast I tell ya. Make them keep their invention to theirselves. Bloody a.rseholes angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by RedLight1: 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2013
ebamma: You see wetin too much garri dey cause?
lol the dude is delusional ... too much gari dey worry am grin grin i no support this thing though

2 Likes

Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by DANILSA(m): 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2013
OLBOY UR BIGGER THAN THIS NAA angry sad

NOBI SMALL TIN MY COMRADE grin grin

2 Likes

Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by kalunomics(m): 5:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
its more like the 'obama chip' though i didn't see anything wrong with that
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by iamswizz(m): 5:53pm On Feb 11, 2013
is it that the mark will come before rapture or are you saying that the Bible is lieing?

1 Like

Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by ad84ada(m): 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2013
We need to go back and read the book of revelations.
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by iamswizz(m): 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2013
Yellow_Mosquito:

I just wanted to say that too when I saw the topic without going through the post but with the post and picture glaring fully at me... Well, Minion and Hades can go to hell but the fact remains that this tattoo aint ordinary. Fvcking mark of the beast I tell ya. Make them keep their invention to theirselves. Bloody a.rseholes angry angry angry
see this Ignoramus

1 Like

Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2013
Signs of endtime.
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 11, 2013
But Bros, you de mad

2 Likes

Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by AMEBO2BUSY: 5:58pm On Feb 11, 2013
omoodeogere: 3RD to comment
The anti-christ is here with us my brother if heaven is your target, then know these is 666 in disguise
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by YellowMosquito(m): 5:58pm On Feb 11, 2013
iamswizz: see this Ignoramus
\

Mr. Enlightened.... Now tell me, if that stuff can call for help, will it not also act as a tracking device given the fact that it is embedded in your bloody skin.

Next time you call me ignoramus, I will shove my leg and bury my booth right in your crazy ar.se
angry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by Harry4cas(m): 6:00pm On Feb 11, 2013
Lol People are mad.... 666 again? Even When Kanye West Says iLove God, People Always Be like God ends with D which means Devil so He's actually tryna say he loves the Devil.
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by ebucha: 6:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hope it doesn't lead to skin cancer someday.

1 Like

Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by iamswizz(m): 6:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
Yellow_Mosquito: \

Mr. Enlightened.... Now tell me, if that stuff can call for help, will it not also act as a tracking device given the fact that it is embedded in your bloody skin.

Next time you call me ignoramus, I will shove my leg and bury my booth right in your crazy ar.se
angry angry angry
track who exactly?
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by YellowMosquito(m): 6:04pm On Feb 11, 2013
iamswizz: track who exactly?

You know the next stuff I'm going to write you cr.azy mind bug grin grin grin grin
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 11, 2013

Your education is a waste cuz with the way you reason, you are not different from boko harams.
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by Isaactop9(m): 6:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hmmm
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by Kslib(m): 6:08pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hmmmmn!!! Thank GOD ooooh,atleast it means that this world is coming to an end.. All the sufferings here and there is getting unbearable abeg,humans are becoming advanced monsters as days go by,all the wahala of this world is too much abeg.. Make everybody die go rest abeg...
Nowadays.when someone dies,i just smile and say "whats da big deal".. When someone dies in a brutal/gruesome way i just say "okk".. I am gradually loosing my sympathy for humans cos it just happens too much which makes me see it as nothing...
Just look at what is happening in this world today and yet some people keep saying this world wont end.. I'm not trying to bring any biblical stuff here,but cant you use common sense to reason that the "stuff" or "whatever" that brought human life to existense can still end it.. The worst thing that can ever happen to humanity is if this world doesnt end,the thought of that alone makes me sick..
There are some things that can never stop as far as the world doesnt end.. Eg.. Racism,tribalism and wickedness... This world must end and GOD ALMIGHTY will end it so that all humans who know what peace means,all humans who love joy,all humans who love other humans dearly,so that all humans who are not wicked will live a perfect and happy life they always fantasized about.. A world where there is always love and peace. A world where there is no sorrow.. MY PERFECT WORLD...
If you know you dont beleive in a GOD,PLS DONT QUOTE ME JUST ALLOW ME TO KEEP FANTASIZING AT LEAST IT GIVES ME PEACE OF MIND THAT SUFFERING AND ALL EVIL WILL END.. I know there is a GOD,and if at the end,there is no GOD,i still have nothing to loose cos mother nature knows i did nothing wrong..MAY D END OF THE WORLD COME FASTER THAN PLANNED COS OF ME IN JESUS NAME... Ammmmen

8 Likes

Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by Isaactop9(m): 6:09pm On Feb 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Your education is a waste cuz with the way you reason, you are not different from boko harams.
see bh calling another person bh lol.
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 11, 2013
Isaactop9: see bh calling another person bh lol.

Well, you can kiss my asss.

Btw,do I know this dicckhead ?
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by iamswizz(m): 6:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
Yellow_Mosquito:

You know the next stuff I'm going to write you cr.azy mind bug grin grin grin grin
answer na . I dont know
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by YellowMosquito(m): 6:17pm On Feb 11, 2013
iamswizz: answer na . I dont know

No effing way tongue tongue tongue
Re: New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick by Symphony007: 6:19pm On Feb 11, 2013
Immediately i saw this i knew some depreved primitives will start shouting "mark of the beast" it's just so commical how ignorant some people can be,shunning a life saying mechanism because of some unproven myth. Why're you using phones and computers? It might be a mind control device by the anti christ someday to establish his world government!!!cheesy:DOne is incredibly amused!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lernstift Smartpen Checks Your Spelling As You Write / Olanisun Adewale, Omolabake Adenle Reach Finals Of $100,000 Innovation Challenge / New Mtn Free Calls Cheat: Talk For 24hours With 40naira On Mtn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.