Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine (781 Views)

PERSPECTIVE (WARNING: After The First Paragraph You're Likely To Get Addicted) / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) / Another Perspective Of Our Love: Country Of The Vine By Mary Wibberley. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by natkel1: 10:41am On Feb 10, 2013
Chapter one

Flashes of her lips, her soft beautiful radiant body, her smooth skin, Jhared awoke panting. His heart racing a mile per minute. He looked at his phone 3:30am. Yet another realistic dream of this 19 year old girl whom he had brought to be a woman. Amongst every party he had been to and all the beautiful girls he had met, this one seemed to stand out in his dreams. It had been two years and still he remembered evry detail, vividly.
Frastrated Jhared awoke to make a cup of coffee. Turned the radio up and the song that played was 'dreams never grow old'. After what seemed ages, Jhared drifted to an empty, restless sleep.
Re: Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by natkel1: 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2013
Uhmmm ok so I will just post a review on what I think about this story I read called 'country of the vine' I thought I was gonna write another perspective but I will just review it. Ill be telling you what I remember from the book and what I think of it... Yep. That's for another day though, I gotta sign out
Re: Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by natkel1: 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
Its about a girl called Charlotte,a farm girl. She lost her parents two years ago in a plane crush, she has not stepped foot in a plane since then. Busying herself on the farm. One day a couple comes to visit her aunt. They are leaving for a party in Paris. A few kilometers from the farm. Her aunt then persuades her to go for the night out. Charlotte goes to this party and the couple gets engrossed in the party and she sits alone with a glass of cherry, watching people swirl and dance in front of her.
A deep voice wakes her out of her day dream, he asks if someones sitting next to her. Being her first time out, she thinks of something clever to say, not bothering to look at him. He laughs at what she says and his laughter is strong and beaming. Looking up at him, she sees his smile, white perfect teeth, his small eyes, his hawk like nose and black hair, his shirt is unbuttoned up to his waist, being a hot night. She's mesmerized by this beautiful human being standing before her. When she realizes that she's been starring at him and he has been smiling back, she looks away and offers the seat besides her on the stairs. Charlotte wonders why a guy like him can stop to talk to her.
Sitting down,'I'm Jhared' he says. 'I'm Charlotte'. ' Where is your boyfriend?' He asks, looking around. ' Is he bigger than me?' Charlotte says she was with a couple who got lost in the crowd. She thanks him for saving her from boredom tells him she will be fine, he can leave now. To which he replies ' trying to get rid of me already? I haven't even made a pass at you yet!'
Re: Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by Cholls(m): 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
natkel1: Its about a girl called Charlotte,a farm girl. She lost her parents two years ago in a plane crush, she has not stepped foot in a plane since then. Busying herself on the farm. One day a couple comes to visit her aunt. They are leaving for a party in Paris. A few kilometers from the farm. Her aunt then persuades her to go for the night out. Charlotte goes to this party and the couple gets engrossed in the party and she sits alone with a glass of cherry, watching people swirl and dance in front of her.
A deep voice wakes her out of her day dream, he asks if someones sitting next to her. Being her first time out, she thinks of something clever to say, not bothering to look at him. He laughs at what she says and his laughter is strong and beaming. Looking up at him, she sees his smile, white perfect teeth, his small eyes, his hawk like nose and black hair, his shirt is unbuttoned up to his waist, being a hot night. She's mesmerized by this beautiful human being standing before her. When she realizes that she's been starring at him and he has been smiling back, she looks away and offers the seat besides her on the stairs. Charlotte wonders why a guy like him can stop to talk to her.
Sitting down,'I'm Jhared' he says. 'I'm Charlotte'. ' Where is your boyfriend?' He asks, looking around. ' Is he bigger than me?' Charlotte says she was with a couple who got lost in the crowd. She thanks him for saving her from boredom tells him she will be fine, he can leave now. To which he replies ' trying to get rid of me already? I haven't even made a pass at you yet!'
Ok! Grab my popcorn

1 Like

Re: Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by natkel1: 8:47pm On Jul 03, 2013
They sit quietly eating ham and onion rings.
Suddenly Jhared gets up, pulling Charlotte along with him. She tries to protest but his grip on her is strong. Making his way through the crowd they are soon outside. Jhared puts his arms around her and asks after Charlotte. She notices that she fits in his arms perfectly and finds herself telling him about the farm and all the animals on it. They reach the ducks. Jhared is a good listener and he asks if the ducks eat ham. Charlotte thinks not. They sit by the pond and hear voices laughing in the bushes, they were not alone. She asks why he brought her outside and he says ' its quiet and peaceful here and noone will disturb if I ....' The last bit is never finished as his lips touch hers. Charlottes first kiss, a moment of bliss. The magic goes on for three days, they book a hotel and he stays with her making her into a woman. It all ends rapidly on the third day, Charlotte awakes alone in the room, next to her pillow is a note saying bye and ten roses.
Charlotte tries to forget about this man. She goes back to the farm and life goes on. Aunt comes home one day with a newspaper in her hands. She shows Charlotte the carefully marked piece of writing in the ads section. Charlotte sits down to read it, its an ad for a nanny to a 12 year old. She should be able to travel and speak french fluently. Charlotte laughs and looks at her Aunt. No humour is written on her face. 'But Aunt, I don't travel anymore since....what made you think this is for me? Its short and boring, straight to the point.' Aunt says ' the first time I read it, I knew its for you. ' I have already arranged an interview for you. So go get changed, ill go to the store and buy a few things for you.' Charlotte, having no option agreed. She loved her Aunt and she hadn't seen Aunt so excited nor determined about something like the way she was now. charlotte knew that 'a few things' would be make up and such girly staff. Aunt had always complained about Charlottes plain farm look and had always wanted to do a makeover on her. This was an opportunity not to be missed.
Re: Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by natkel1: 8:47pm On Jul 03, 2013
Suddenly Jhared gets up, pulling Charlotte along with him. She tries to protest but his grip on her is strong. Making his way through the crowd they are soon outside. Jhared puts his arms around her and asks after Charlotte. She notices that she fits in his arms perfectly and finds herself telling him about the farm and all the animals on it. They reach the ducks. Jhared is a good listener and he asks if the ducks eat ham. Charlotte thinks not. They sit by the pond and hear voices laughing in the bushes, they were not alone. She asks why he brought her outside and he says ' its quiet and peaceful here and noone will disturb if I ....' The last bit is never finished as his lips touch hers. Charlottes first kiss, a moment of bliss. The magic goes on for three days, they book a hotel and he stays with her making her into a woman. It all ends rapidly on the third day, Charlotte awakes alone in the room, next to her pillow is a note saying bye and ten roses.
Charlotte tries to forget about this man. She goes back to the farm and life goes on. Aunt comes home one day with a newspaper in her hands. She shows Charlotte the carefully marked piece of writing in the ads section. Charlotte sits down to read it, its an ad for a nanny to a 12 year old. She should be able to travel and speak french fluently. Charlotte laughs and looks at her Aunt. No humour is written on her face. 'But Aunt, I don't travel anymore since....what made you think this is for me? Its short and boring, straight to the point.' Aunt says ' the first time I read it, I knew its for you. ' I have already arranged an interview for you. So go get changed, ill go to the store and buy a few things for you.' Charlotte, having no option agreed. She loved her Aunt and she hadn't seen Aunt so excited nor determined about something like the way she was now. charlotte knew that 'a few things' would be make up and such girly staff. Aunt had always complained about Charlottes plain farm look and had always wanted to do a makeover on her. This was an opportunity not to be missed.
Re: Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by natkel1: 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
Re: Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by natkel1: 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
Re: Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by jiraiyas: 9:12am On Jul 04, 2013
ok liking this already. I can get it in book shop right

1 Like

Re: Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by natkel1: 8:02am On Jul 05, 2013
Aunt came did her magic and Charlotte looked different, with a touch of pencil to darken her eyebrows, pink lipstick on her full mouth, blue highlights around her dark blue eyes and her golden hair, newly washed and curled. Her aunt stood back impressed with her work and turned her around to see herself. Charlotte gasped at the image that starred back at her in the mirror. Who knew she would look this beautiful?? Charlotte hadn't noticed it but Aunt (Emily) saw it, a soft gentle radiance..
Aunt Emily and Charlotte drove to new york. Aunt insisted that she drive her to new york. She had a good feeling about this. They arrived early and sat down for coffee. Soon it was time for the interview. It was in a room at a hotel. The interviewer was an elderly lady 'Madam Grenier'. Seeing her sitting there, Charlotte lost all her fear and sat up and met Madam Grenier's eyes.
Re: Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by Handsomeemmy(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2013
Following...

1 Like

Re: Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by natkel1: 1:50pm On Jul 05, 2013
By the way, the title of the book is 'country of the vine' by Mary Webberly.
Re: Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by natkel1: 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2013
By the end of the interview, Charlotte had the job, requiring charlotte will get along with Madam Grenier's granddaughter. Madam Grenier said she was going to send a car the next morning to pick her from her house the very next day. Charlotte told Aunt Emily the good news.
The next morning, Madam Grenier came with the car to pick Charlotte up. As Charlotte was dressing, Aunt Emily invited Madam Grenier in for tea. Madam Grenier seemed pleased with Aunt because of the way Charlotte referred to her during the interview. Madam Grenier concluded that aunt was concerned with Charlotte's welfare. The car was driven by a chauffeur, Yves.
Madam Grenier stayed in a house, more like a mansion called, Redvale Manor, one of Yorkshire's mansions. Redvale Masion was a house of great beauty and charm. Charlotte felt unworthy for this position, like choosing her was a mistake because she was simple and plain. Her plain blue dress, which Charlotte thought was her best dress, did not match up. Yves held the door for Charlotte when they reached the place. Looking up at him, she was surprised to see that he was young and handsome. The look he gave her made Charlotte grow warm.
Re: Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by natkel1: 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
By the end of the interview, Charlotte had the job, requiring charlotte will get along with Madam Grenier's granddaughter. Madam Grenier said she was going to send a car the next morning to pick her from her house the very next day. Charlotte told Aunt Emily the good news.
The next morning, Madam Grenier came with the car to pick Charlotte up. As Charlotte was dressing, Aunt Emily invited Madam Grenier in for tea. Madam Grenier seemed pleased with Aunt because of the way Charlotte referred to her during the interview. Madam Grenier concluded that aunt was concerned with Charlotte's welfare. The car was driven by a chauffeur, Yves.
Madam Grenier stayed in a house, more like a mansion called, Redvale Manor, one of Yorkshire's mansions. Redvale Masion was a house of great beauty and charm. Charlotte felt unworthy for this position, like choosing her was a mistake because she was simple and plain. Her plain blue dress, which Charlotte thought was her best dress, did not match up. Yves held the door for Charlotte when they reached the place. Looking up at him, she was surprised to see that he was young and handsome. The look he gave her made Charlotte grow warm.
Re: Another Perspective Of Our Love-country Of The Vine by jiraiyas: 11:31pm On Jul 07, 2013
nice piece, but its too short, this one. Your view of it i really liked.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Troubled Wind / God, Why? / Broad Day Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.