Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. (708 Views)

Lets Us Brainstorm And Learn From Each Other:pagans/ Xtians/muslims/hinduists... / If The THREE Wise Men Had Been THREE Wise Women.. / Follow Up Pastor Chris Live Online: Receive Words From Him Now: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by ooman(m): 11:31am On Feb 10, 2013
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

“One would go mad if one took the Bible seriously; but to take it seriously one must be already mad.”― Aleister Crowley, Magick: Book 4, Liber ABA

“Agnostics are just atheists without balls.”― Stephen Colbert, I am America

“I did not marry the first girl that I fell in love with, because there was a tremendous religious conflict, at the time― Woody Allen

“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”― Christopher Hitchens

“I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But as much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking.”― Carl Sagan, Billions and Billions

“Scientists do not join hands every Sunday and sing “Yes gravity is real! I know gravity is real! I will have faith! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down, down. Amen!” If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about the concept.”― Dan Barker, Godless: How an Evangelical Preacher Became One of America’s Leading Atheists

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”― Steven Weinberg

“Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions god’s infinite love.”― Bill Hicks

“I don’t try to imagine a personal God; it suffices to stand in awe at the structure of the world, insofar as it allows our inadequate senses to appreciate it.”― Albert Einstein

“The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession.”― Abraham Lincoln, Speeches and Writings, 1832-1858

“I have too much respect for the idea of God to make it responsible for such an absurd world.”― Georges Duhamel

“We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.”― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Christianity is the most ridiculous, the most absurd and bloody religion that has ever infected the world - Voltaire (personally, I think Islam is)

I don’t know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn’t - Jules Renard

If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell? Priest: No, not if you did not know. Eskimo: Then why did you tell me?- Eskimo

Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions- Frater Ravus
(And i totally agree)

Faith is believing in that which I know ain’t so- Mark Twain
(Again, i totally agree)

Faith is the fatigue resulting from the attempt to preserve God’s integrity instead of one’s own- Matt Berry

Faith means not wanting to know what is true- Friedrich Nietzsche

You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time- Abraham Lincoln (The most respected American president's view on religion)

My favorite-> [size=14pt]“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”[/size]― Christopher Hitchens

http://dailyatheistquote.com/archive/

Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by F00028: 12:33pm On Feb 10, 2013
^^^
if I didn't believe, I wouldn't behave.
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by enilove(m): 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2013
THE AWFUL DEATH OF AN INFIDEL SON.

"I will never be guilty of founding my hopes for the future upon such a compiled mess of trash as is contained in the book ( the bible) .It is the production of an infinite mind;a boy ten years of age ,if he was half-witted,could have told a straighter story, and made a better book. I believe it to be the greatest mess of lies ever imposed upon the public. I would rather go to hell ( if there is such a place ) than have the name of bowing to that impostor-----Jesus Christ-------and be dependent on his merits for salvation".

"Beware!Beware! my son, 'for God is not mocked,'although 'He beareth with the wicked long, yet he will not keep His anger forever.'And all manner of sin shall be forgiven men,except the sin against the Holy Spirit,which has no forgiveness.' And many are the examples,both sacred and profane histroy, of men who have been smitten down in the midst of their sinning against the blessed spirit'.

"Very well,father,I'II risk all the cutting down that I shall get for cursing that book,and all the agonies connected therewith. Let it come , I'm not at all scared."

"O Father ,lay not this sin to his charge,for he knows not what he does."

"Yes, I do know what I'm about,and what I say ----and mean it"

"John,do you mean to drive your mother raving distracted ?Oh,my God! What have I done that this dreadful trial should come upon me in my old age?"

"Mother ,if you dont want to hear me speak this sentiments,why do you always begin,this subject?If you do not want to hear it, dont ever broach the subject again,for I shall never talk of that book,in any other way."

The above conversation took place btw two fond parents and an only son,who was at home on a visit from college,and now was about to return.

Little did he think that He who said "Honor thy father and mother,"and "He that hardeneth his heart,and stiffeneth his neck,shall suddenly be destroyed,and that without remedy,"was so soon going to call him to give an account for those words.
He had imbibed those dreadful principles from an infidel room-mate at college.
Beware,young men,with whom you associate,lest you fall as did this unfortunate young man.

John B. left his home & hastened to the depot where he took the car which were to bear him to M..... where he was in a few months to finish his studies. The whistle blew, and away swept the cars "across the trembling plain".But alas!they had gone but a few miles ,when d cars ,coming round a curve in a deep cut,came suddenly upon an obstruction on the track,which threw d engine and two of the cars at once from the rails.

As fate would seem to have it,d wicked son (John B.) was that moment passing btw them.He was thrown in an instant from the platform,his left arm being"broken,and his skull fractured by the fall;and in an instant, one of the wheels passed directly over both his legs near his body,breaking and mingling them in the most dreadful manner.Strange as it may seem,no one else was injured.
Why this pious parents were called to pass through this dreadful trial, He "whose ways are in d deep and past finding out"only knows;except that by this sad example of His wrath many might be saved.
When the news reached d college,his classmates hastened to see him.When they came,nature was fast sinking,but the immortal part was becoming dreadfully alive.Oh! that heart -rending scene .His reason returning brought with it a dreadfully sense of his situation.His first words were ,"Mother I'm lost!lost!lost! damned!damned! forever!"and as his classmates drew near to the bed,among whom was the one who had poisoned his mind with infidelity, with a dreadful effort he rose in the bed and cried,as he fixed his glaring eyes upon him:"J-------,you have brought me to this ,you have damned my soul!May the curses of Almighty and the Lamb rest upon your soul forever"
But those poor parents had to hear and see it all,for he would not suffer them to be away a moment. He fell back upon his bed exhausted,crying,"O mother ! mother , take me in your arms,and dont let them have me ." And as his mother drew near to him,he buried his face in that fond bosom which had nourished him,but alas,could not now protect or shield from the storm Almighty's wrath ,for he turned from her ,and with a unearthly voice he shrieked,"Father!mother! father, save me; they come to drag my soul------my soul to hell".
And with his eyes starting from their sickets,he fell back upon his bed a corpse.
May his dreadful fall prove a warning to those who unwittingly walk in the same path.------ Earnest Christian,1867.

A wise person always learn from the mistakes of others.
May we never learn when it is too late, in Jesus name .

Thanks.
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by Neddivine: 8:49pm On Feb 10, 2013
Let it be clear now that what we have are mostly demons,satanists,occultiststhat sacrifice and drink human blood (including babies) masquerading and presenting themselves as ATHEISTS on nairaland.
Beware ATHEISTS = SATANISTS.

1 Like

Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 10, 2013
F00028: ^^^
if I didn't believe, I wouldn't behave.

What a foolish statement.
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 10, 2013
enilove: THE AWFUL DEATH OF AN INFIDEL SON.

"I will never be guilty of founding my hopes for the future upon such a compiled mess of trash as is contained in the book ( the bible) .It is the production of an infinite mind;a boy ten years of age ,if he was half-witted,could have told a straighter story, and made a better book. I believe it to be the greatest mess of lies ever imposed upon the public. I would rather go to hell ( if there is such a place ) than have the name of bowing to that impostor-----Jesus Christ-------and be dependent on his merits for salvation".

"Beware!Beware! my son, 'for God is not mocked,'although 'He beareth with the wicked long, yet he will not keep His anger forever.'And all manner of sin shall be forgiven men,except the sin against the Holy Spirit,which has no forgiveness.' And many are the examples,both sacred and profane histroy, of men who have been smitten down in the midst of their sinning against the blessed spirit'.

"Very well,father,I'II risk all the cutting down that I shall get for cursing that book,and all the agonies connected therewith. Let it come , I'm not at all scared."

"O Father ,lay not this sin to his charge,for he knows not what he does."

"Yes, I do know what I'm about,and what I say ----and mean it"

"John,do you mean to drive your mother raving distracted ?Oh,my God! What have I done that this dreadful trial should come upon me in my old age?"

"Mother ,if you dont want to hear me speak this sentiments,why do you always begin,this subject?If you do not want to hear it, dont ever broach the subject again,for I shall never talk of that book,in any other way."

The above conversation took place btw two fond parents and an only son,who was at home on a visit from college,and now was about to return.

Little did he think that He who said "Honor thy father and mother,"and "He that hardeneth his heart,and stiffeneth his neck,shall suddenly be destroyed,and that without remedy,"was so soon going to call him to give an account for those words.
He had imbibed those dreadful principles from an infidel room-mate at college.
Beware,young men,with whom you associate,lest you fall as did this unfortunate young man.

John B. left his home & hastened to the depot where he took the car which were to bear him to M..... where he was in a few months to finish his studies. The whistle blew, and away swept the cars "across the trembling plain".But alas!they had gone but a few miles ,when d cars ,coming round a curve in a deep cut,came suddenly upon an obstruction on the track,which threw d engine and two of the cars at once from the rails.

As fate would seem to have it,d wicked son (John B.) was that moment passing btw them.He was thrown in an instant from the platform,his left arm being"broken,and his skull fractured by the fall;and in an instant, one of the wheels passed directly over both his legs near his body,breaking and mingling them in the most dreadful manner.Strange as it may seem,no one else was injured.
Why this pious parents were called to pass through this dreadful trial, He "whose ways are in d deep and past finding out"only knows;except that by this sad example of His wrath many might be saved.
When the news reached d college,his classmates hastened to see him.When they came,nature was fast sinking,but the immortal part was becoming dreadfully alive.Oh! that heart -rending scene .His reason returning brought with it a dreadfully sense of his situation.His first words were ,"Mother I'm lost!lost!lost! damned!damned! forever!"and as his classmates drew near to the bed,among whom was the one who had poisoned his mind with infidelity, with a dreadful effort he rose in the bed and cried,as he fixed his glaring eyes upon him:"J-------,you have brought me to this ,you have damned my soul!May the curses of Almighty and the Lamb rest upon your soul forever"
But those poor parents had to hear and see it all,for he would not suffer them to be away a moment. He fell back upon his bed exhausted,crying,"O mother ! mother , take me in your arms,and dont let them have me ." And as his mother drew near to him,he buried his face in that fond bosom which had nourished him,but alas,could not now protect or shield from the storm Almighty's wrath ,for he turned from her ,and with a unearthly voice he shrieked,"Father!mother! father, save me; they come to drag my soul------my soul to hell".
And with his eyes starting from their sickets,he fell back upon his bed a corpse.
May his dreadful fall prove a warning to those who unwittingly walk in the same path.------ Earnest Christian,1867.

A wise person always learn from the mistakes of others.
May we never learn when it is too late, in Jesus name .

Thanks.

You sir, are a first class fool.

The moral of your story is;

a) A boy who chooses not to believe in the bible is a "wicked son".
b) The God of the bible is a tyrant that believes that crushing a boy under a car is a just punishment for disbelieving

Why do christians use threats like this to scare people into religion?
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by Bella3(f): 11:35pm On Feb 10, 2013
Where is muskeeto? Come see wetin they call yougrin
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by F00028: 11:45pm On Feb 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

What a foolish statement.

just because you don't get it?
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 10, 2013
F00028:

just because you don't get it?

grin

No, because it is foolish angry
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by Nobody: 3:40am On Feb 11, 2013
Bélla3: Where is muskeeto? Come see wetin they call yougrin
lol, wetin happen?
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by enilove(m): 5:47am On Feb 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

You sir, are a first class fool.

The moral of your story is;

a) A boy who chooses not to believe in the bible is a "wicked son".
b) The God of the bible is a tyrant that believes that crushing a boy under a car is a just punishment for disbelieving

Why do christians use threats like this to scare people into religion?

You better dont see it as a threat,but think of the consequencies of your belief.
There is no gain in being a pagan.You are not a product of evolution.

God loves you,it is not too late to repent,He will still forgive you.
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 11, 2013
enilove:

You better dont see it as a threat,but think of the consequencies of your belief.
There is no gain in being a pagan.You are not a product of evolution.

God loves you,it is not too late to repent,He will still forgive you.

psychopath
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by tobechi20(m): 9:48am On Feb 11, 2013
Change d topic to WORD FROM A FOOL.,.READ AND DISCARD
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 11, 2013
tobechi20: Change d topic to WORD FROM A FOOL.,.READ AND DISCARD

Did you take notice of the people he quoted?
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by ooman(m): 10:56am On Feb 11, 2013
tobechi20: Change d topic to WORD FROM A FOOL.,.READ AND DISCARD

You disappointed me. Do you have to display your insanity?
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by vedaxcool(m): 11:33am On Feb 11, 2013
Thank God I was not born in the soviet union else an atheist would have murdered me just as they murdered millions because they choose to believe in "fairy tales"!
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 11, 2013
^^^^^
Above poster is suffering from religious brain damage....be warned!
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by vedaxcool(m): 11:49am On Feb 11, 2013
^
The above poster suffers depression, suicidal thoughts, dementia, multiple personality disorder (mcdaddy, abdulsleek, cheers etc), inferiority complex, delusions of grandeur and love for the foolish things of life! All for practicing the religion of the foolish!

ADVICE : proceed with extreme caution, tactically ignore so as not to induce suicidal thoughts leading to his eventual suicide like his boss Nietzche!
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by tobechi74: 12:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Did you take notice of the people he quoted?
yes i did, it makes no difference. What is foolish is foolish? Irrespectivel of the speaker.
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by tobechi74: 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
ooman:

You disappointed me. Do you have to display your insanity?
may be it makes sence to u, to me, it is nönsence, one man meat is another man poison.
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2013
tobechi74: yes i did, it makes no difference. What is foolish is foolish? Irrespectivel of the speaker.

Good. And did you notice what they said in the quotes?

Why is it foolish? Put a logical reason because if it is subject to subjective opinions, then all reasonable people will take the opinions of the quoted people before you.
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by tobechi74: 12:24pm On Feb 11, 2013
vedaxcool: ^
The above poster suffers depression, suicidal thoughts, dementia, multiple personality disorder (mcdaddy, abdulsleek, cheers etc), inferiority complex, delusions of grandeur and love for the foolish things of life! All for practicing the religion of the foolish!

ADVICE : proceed with extreme caution, tactically ignore so as not to induce suicidal thoughts leading to his eventual suicide like his boss Nietzche!

...finishing.,brutality
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by Bella3(f): 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
musKeeto:
lol, wetin happen?
Them say you no get 'b*ll'
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by ooman(m): 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2013

THIS IS A PROOF THAT CHRISTIANS LIKE YOU LACK MANNER AND THAT YOUR GOD HAS FAILED ON YOU. YOU ARE DOOMED TO GO TO HELL. DID YOU NOT READ THAT JESUS SAID, DONT CURSE ANOTHER MAN?
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
ooman:

THIS IS A PROOF THAT CHRISTIANS LIKE YOU LACK MANNER AND THAT YOUR GOD HAS FAILED ON YOU. YOU ARE DOOMED TO GO TO HELL. DID YOU NOT READ THAT JESUS SAID, DONT CURSE ANOTHER MAN?

grin grin

Even worse, he is a jihadist muslim
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by ooman(m): 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin

Even worse, he is a jihadist muslim

I agree
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by ooman(m): 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
vedaxcool: Thank God I was not born in the soviet union else an atheist would have murdered me just as they murdered millions because they choose to believe in "fairy tales"!

If you were born in Saudi Arabia, it would have been worst, you would have wished for a quick death.

As for those who were murdered for their belief, it is wrong, that is not the way to go.
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by vedaxcool(m): 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2013
^
Inchoherent Dude Alert!

Advice: handle with extreme prejudice!

Course of action: order 3352, attempting to ignore............

Unable to effect order reason: powerful inchorent frequency

try again? Y/N

Y

attempting to ignore............

Unable to effect order reason: depressed frequency interference refresh in 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
refreshing *********

Try again? Y/N

Y

attempting to ignore......................

Attempt successful!
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by ooman(m): 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2013
Inchoherent Dude Alert!

Advice: handle with extreme prejudice!

Course of action: order 3352, attempting to ignore............

Unable to effect order reason: powerful inchorent frequency

try again? Y/N

Y

attempting to ignore............

Unable to effect order reason: depressed frequency interference refresh in 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
refreshing *********

Try again? Y/N

Y

attempting to ignore......................

Attempt successful!

I believe the above is balderdash
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2013
ooman:

I believe the above is balderdash

Dont feed the troll angry

The guy is an empty barrel- just check out his profile
Re: Words From The Wise. Read And Learn. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
Bélla3: Them say you no get 'b*ll'
o. that. lol

(1) (Reply)

Set Free By The Law Of Spirit Of Life: Moral, Ceremonial Or Law Of Christ / Papal Conclave Begins In The Vatican- Watch Live / Unusual Beliefs Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.